It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Conservatives?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: Ultralight

Old school religion is for the GOP. Post-modern spirituality is for the cutting-edge, and is hardly compatible with conservatives.

👣

Old school religion versus the NEW church called Progressivism?

ROFLMAO!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I must admit, I don't understand anyting.

To me the Democrats and the Republicans are still brothers in the same house. They don't want to be too nationalistic but are both egoistic. It seems to be an American Dream or something like that. Far away out of my world.

Too strange to understand.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Siddharta because: would like to change anyting,but could not do this.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I also think for Republicans to have a shot, they're going to have to ditch the Christian doctrine/dogma they carry around. You can be fiscally conservative without being religious. The religion that almost all the GOP/Republican candidates flaunt turns a lot of younger people off.

Possibly. I don't know, I'm "younger" and it doesn't bother me. If we're being tolerant of atheism why is it so hard to tolerate religion? I mean, we don't need our politicians walking around beating people over the head with their bible. But at the same time, a religious candidate shouldn't be shoved aside simply because he's religious.

When has that ever happened? Have you seen the religious makeup of Congress? Do you know what the religion of every President has been? People will actively NOT vote for atheist candidates. So don't invent persecution where there is none. Christians have no problem getting elected.

link   
Everyone shares the same problems, what separates us is the solutions.

Thus speaks the beezzer.

Amen.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm no fan of the Enlightenment. So in my case, I would say old school religion vs Comparativism as a modern mystical tradition.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
I must admit, I don't understand anyting.

To me the Democrats and the Republicans are still brothers in the same house. They don't want to be too nationalistic but are both egoistic. It seems to be an American Dream or something like that. Far away out of my world.

Too strange to understand.

You nailed it!

Christianity is no longer trendy because of it's dictates on morality! Therefore we have the Progressive left hating on Christianity and imposing more crazy totalitarian laws than Christianity has demanded in the past 50 years!

I am quite sure that if the Progressives get their way, there will be more deaths in total than the Crusades in the next 10 years, if in fact we even have that many years left!

Just a prediction of mine BTW.....

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm no fan of the Enlightenment. So in my case, I would say old school religion vs Comparativism as a modern mystical tradition.

👣

Where does "Freedom" fit into your views? Regardless of political opinions, we as Americans have the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to guide us.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

True freedom is another word for God; enlightenment.

👣

edit on 086Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

Nicely said and to the point.
I agree with everything you said. The conservative party really needs to get their act together. It's really poor judgement when the party leadership even allows Sarah Palin to speak at republican events. It only solidifies the label of incompetency for the party.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

True freedom is another word for God; enlightenment.

👣

So if you truly mean what you just said, then why the attack on Christianity as of late? Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in God, but I do believe in those who do believe in God to have the freedom to worship Him!

Why the disconnect between the 2 parties with religious freedom?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Because Christianity has been consumed by the exoteric layer of religious theology, at the expense of the esoteric layer. The exoteric layer is about tribal, primitive, kindergarten us vs them mentality. The only way to maintain that mentality is to be willfully ignorant of Comparativism scholarship. I deny ignorance.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That pic is unfair...

the repubs I know would cook the kitten first...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Because Christianity has been consumed by the exoteric layer of religious theology, at the expense of the esoteric layer. The exoteric layer is about tribal, primitive, kindergarten us vs them mentality. The only way to maintain that mentality is to be willfully ignorant of Comparativism scholarship. I deny ignorance.

👣

Odd that you use the term "Us versus Them" in describing Christianity, but as a true Libertarian who believes in freedom, I see more division and fascism coming from the Progressive Left than I have ever seen coming from Christianity!

How about schools suspending students for eating a poptart that looks like a gun?

How about a student being suspended for wearing a T shirt with an American Flag to school during Cinco De Mayo?

What about only white people can be racist?

As far as I am concerned, the "Progressive Church" has Christianity beat by miles as far as turning not only people but children into criminals for stupid PC crap!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Then you don't see clearly. It's not fascism that's approaching. It's corporate oligarchy. And it's not the left that is cheerleading it. It's the right.

I don't condone everything the left does. But I do condone the secular environment that makes religious studies; Comparativism; parapsychology possible. It's the only way mystical philosophy can advance.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Then you don't see clearly. It's not fascism that's approaching. It's corporate oligarchy. And it's not the left that is cheerleading it. It's the right.

I don't condone everything the left does. But I do condone the secular environment that makes religious studies; Comparativism; parapsychology possible. It's the only way mystical philosophy can advance.

👣

So are you saying it is only the Right wing political prostitutes that cater to the corporations?

If you are, you're truly delusional!
edit on 8-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Republicans and democrats seek different solutions to their problems within the confines of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Progressives seek to redefine the Constitution in order to solve their problems.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

👣

So are you saying it is only the Right wing political prostitutes that cater to the corporations?

If you are, you're truly delusional!

As far as your "Mystical Philosophy" goes, as long as it goes along with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, whatever floats your boat! But if you are promoting it as a takeover of our current Republic, then how are you any better then the Religious Right?

edit on 8-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Only? No. I avoid absolutes. There is no justice in absolutes.

But if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I would chose the left. They provide the academic environment that enables the intrepid truth seeker to deny ignorance.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Only? No. I avoid absolutes. There is no justice in absolutes.

But if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I would chose the left. They provide the academic environment that enables the intrepid truth seeker to deny ignorance.

👣

The lesser of two evils is STILL EVIL!

I guess that's what separate you and I?

Evil is still evil? Right?

But you go ahead and keep hating on Christians and promoting your mysticism! That's the beauty of freedom of speech! Enjoy it while it lasts, because it will be the Progressives who end up locking people up in prison for not speaking in Politically Correct terms! NOT Christians!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Republicans are icky and they hate the gays.

And they are stoopid. And morans.

Many threads here always are showing how much smarter leftists are.

And they are icky and they are all rich and eat tiny kittens.

See picture below of a typical republican.

For it to be a republican you would need moth omelet burns eating a poor black woman... Hehe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join