It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Conservatives?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
First, I'm a registered Republican, though I view my stance more Libertarian than Conservative. And since I made a "what's wrong with Liberals" thread, why not make this one too?

As a Republican, we have no Presidential candidates that can beat Hillary. As much as I like Ron Paul, he's not running. His son is. And his son is very different from his father. Now that might be just Rand playing their game or he truly might be far more Conservative than I'd like. Either way, I still don't see the man beating Hillary. And who does that leave?

Jeb Bush is not going to win. Even Conservatives don't want another Bush elected. We've had enough of the stupidity with 2 Presidents already. Dear God PLEASE no Jeb Bush. Honestly, do you think he's going to win? Mr. amnesty that pretends to represent you? Jeb Bush, just as Romney, are unelectable.

The infighting within the GOP needs to stop. Conservatives need to understand that the only way Republicans are ever going to see the white house again is with the younger vote. And if Conservatives refuse to adapt a more Libertarian approach, Hillary will run away with this election. Again, nobody wants a dynasty in America. We are not a monarchy. But 2 Clintons vs a 3rd Bush? No.

You need to stop fawning over Israel like it's the 51st state. Israel is an "ally". And a pretty garbage ally at that. As an American, it's your priority to put America first. And that includes over Israel. And while we're at it, Israel will be more respected when it stops treating Palestinians like dogs.

Prohibition doesn't work. I don't care if it's alcohol, marijuana or prostitution. All prohibition does is drive it underground and create monsters like Al Capone and Mexican drug cartels. Grown adults are capable of deciding what goes in their body.

Speaking of which, who really gives a damn what homosexuals do? Again, live and let live. It's none of your damn business. The only time I have an issue with this is when this "gay agenda" is being shoved down our throats. I don't want it in my media, on programs that children watch. Just because it's tolerated doesn't mean people want their kids exposed to it.

War. Enough. Seriously. Our military needs to be stationed on our own damn border, not Afghanistan's. Our troops aren't defending America stationed halfway across the world growing opium. You don't need to build a wall, but you do need to stop the damn cartels from beheading people.

The GOP needs to reform itself and stop the infighting. We have no viable candidates. Stop allowing old money to dictate your political life. Iran isn't the biggest threat to America. Israel isn't more important than Detroit. A little bit of common sense would go a long way here.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

Brace yourself for backlash!!!
The GLBT persons don't like being "tolerated" or "exposed to it". But I happen to agree with you.

Jeb Bush will win as much as I hate even the thought of another Bush in the oval office. He has more global "clout" starting with actions of Prescott Bush.
edit on 1428538734Wednesday30Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:18:54 -0500pmWednesday1870730 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Illuminati (European royalty) has co-opted both of our parties that's why Boehner @ McConnell rolled over after the last election and didn't roll back any of the Kenyan Commies malfunctioning legislation. Imagine if we had a President who released us from the Federal Reserve, closed our borders and deported illegals by the millions. Imagine if we had a President that says the first two trillion dollars of the budget each year goes to paying off a 16 trillion dollar deficit over 8 years. Imagine if we had a President who's energy policy was self reliance and not foreign reliance. Imagine if we had a President that would make education a priority for the children instead of union payoffs and dopey common core curriculums that make are children equally stupid.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I also think for Republicans to have a shot, they're going to have to ditch the Christian doctrine/dogma they carry around. You can be fiscally conservative without being religious. The religion that almost all the GOP/Republican candidates flaunt turns a lot of younger people off.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you speak in honest, then you are not a republican at all. You simply have no choice in the US. There are far more political Colours than just Democrats and Republicans. You sound very Greenish. Beware of the NSA after this post!

In a more sincere reply: We all have more in common than we see in real life politics. I don't know, how serious you are with this thread. If it is not irony, than we are of the same opinion in many ways.

If this is irony, than you are really living on another planet than I do.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Republicans are icky and they hate the gays.

And they are stoopid. And morans.

Many threads here always are showing how much smarter leftists are.

And they are icky and they are all rich and eat tiny kittens.

See picture below of a typical republican.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You can be deeply spiritual without being religious.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

First - Libertine or Libertarian? There is a difference. I can see my way to working with the second, but the first just wants to have all their vices and the nanny state to pick them up after their benders. I don't support that.

On the subject of Israel. Take a look at the Middle East. Take a long look at every country. Understand that the Western world has meddled with the whole region. Now ask yourself - which countries are actually joining and participating in the modern world as full partners without doing things like chopping off hands, tossing gays off building tops and more or less shooting little girls in the head if they get uppity and want to go to school. It's going to be a short list. You might have one or two nations on it, and Israel will be there. If I had to pick a place to ally myself with in the ME, I'd go with the one that has values closest to ours.

And maybe the Palestinians ought to stop lobbing rockets everywhere and really come to the table. The deal was there for Arafat to take once, and he rejected it. It got him nothing. Palestine wants it all, or they will take nothing. Israel allows Muslims to live and participate fully in their society at every level. Where are the Jews living in the West Bank and Gaza?

Prohibition may not work, but neither does legalization coupled with an expansive welfare state where we are not allowed to dictate the terms of aid. I don't want to pay for people who sit at home baked on whatever substance they chose to get hooked on. You want to destroy your life? Then you need to accept all the consequences, and any tax revenue goes to closed loop anti-drug programs.

The only ones who really care what homosexuals do are the homosexuals. We only really care when they try to force us to participate in it and I'm not talking about sex a la Penn Jillette's incredibly ignorant remarks which should have insulted both homosexuals and Christians. The objections to gay marriage by Christians have to do with our personal feelings on marriage which are that it is sacred and recognized by God. As such, it is a sacrilege for two men or two women to marry. We recognize that not everyone feels that way, so we don't try to stop you, but when you try to force us to participate in the ceremony ourselves ... you are asking US to sin by participating in sacrilege and even worse, you are asking us to do it for money. This takes it into Judas territory. We aren't trying to stop homosexuals from forming partnerships because we respect you have that legal right and likely don't follow the beliefs, but we are asking for simple respect in return.

I don't like war either. However, in a global world, you sometimes can't wait until it comes to you. What would have happened had we waited for Hitler to get around to attacking the US? Could we have stopped him all on our own?

I think your perception of the candidate field is perhaps a little too early. We won't know for a while how viable they are. I do think they are doomed if they follow the old formula of "electability" they tried with McCain and then Romney.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Ummm...did you mean to misspell "moron"?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

But you can't be religious without being spiritual!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Which party is more in the pockets of the emerging corporate oligarchy. In principle, if not in practice.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I also think for Republicans to have a shot, they're going to have to ditch the Christian doctrine/dogma they carry around. You can be fiscally conservative without being religious. The religion that almost all the GOP/Republican candidates flaunt turns a lot of younger people off.

Possibly. I don't know, I'm "younger" and it doesn't bother me. If we're being tolerant of atheism why is it so hard to tolerate religion? I mean, we don't need our politicians walking around beating people over the head with their bible. But at the same time, a religious candidate shouldn't be shoved aside simply because he's religious.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The "m" in AMerica stands for meddlers.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ummm...did you mean to misspell "moron"?

LOL - I love people with no sense of humor. ....2.3.4

Don't be such a maroon Ultralight.

V

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I disagree. Being religious and being spiritual are as different as thinking and believing are different.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Libertarian. And I agree 100% on the religious aspect to gay marriage. As a Christian, I understand it's against our scripture and nobody should be forced to participate in something that violates their religion. But when it comes to Israel? I say let the middle east do what the middle east has done for hundreds of years. It's not our war.

I believe you can withdraw, with a stern nuclear threat, and live in relative peace without being proactively pro war. The world is sick of America policing the world and so are Americans. And no, I'm not for food stamps to buy drugs. But as someone who has suffered through severe anxiety, marijuana does have some real medical use.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Republicans are icky and they hate the gays.

And they are stoopid. And morans.

Many threads here always are showing how much smarter leftists are.

And they are icky and they are all rich and eat tiny kittens.

See picture below of a typical republican.

No silly, that's my Democrat loving aunt Hilda.

See how she has all those cute litte "z's" parting the top of her hair ?

That's the satanic symbol of a Democrat.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

ExSqueeze me?? I am baking powder?

My humor is comparable to anyone here!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Old school religion is for the GOP. Post-modern spirituality is for the cutting-edge, and is hardly compatible with conservatives.

👣

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Man the differences are glaring in this thread!

Not one single attack on a person that would hold the conservative views saying they need to be in a nut house.

Have to say I agree on most of the points though.
I'll even S&F

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join