It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't like your city officials fire them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Your first step will have to be getting elected as mayor.

Sorry but this is a regional news story that I found hilarious. It seems that a citizen of Coldsprings Kentucky had an ax to grind with the city establishment. Her solution was to run a successful campaign, be elected mayor, then fire who she wanted to and quit!

I s**t you not only in America, because you cannot make crap like this up.

COLD SPRING, Ky. (Joe Webb) -- Council members in the city of Cold Spring, Kentucky called an emergency city council meeting for Wednesday night and there is a lot on the agenda. Newly-elected Mayor Nancy Bay, who fired the Police Chief, City Administrator and City Attorney, has now stepped down. So who's running Cold Spring? It's a dreary day in Cold Spring, but rain or shine there is a cloud hanging over the city building. Mayor Nancy Bay's office sits empty, but she's been busy in her three months on the job. Former City Attorney Brandon Voelker remembers her first day. “I went to the city to deliver a deed and I was handed a letter that said my services were no longer needed,” said Voelker. “When I was let go, the city manager and myself were both let go and then maybe a month later the police chief was let go as well.” Last week, Voelker's replacement as City Attorney turned in his resignation. On Tuesday, Nancy Bay put down the axe and resigned herself. So this quiet, bedroom community has no Mayor, no City Administrator, no City Attorney and no Chief of Police.

My favorite part of this whole story is the cities slogan "people working together" . ROTFL!!!!!!!!!

The story has been developing regionally. I grow tumescent with anticipation waiting to hear what her motivation was.

Video and more information that link.......

axe grinding 101

This thread was posted in political ideology. Because she certainly had a idea of what she was going to do.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Lmao .. thanks .. needed a good laugh this morning ...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I feel like doing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Incredible. Whey you fire people in those positions, you need to replace them with people that can do a better job. She did all this for nothing and it will probably re-mend itself.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

That's kind of the kicker. Apparently by the cities by laws only the mayor is allowed to do the hiring and firing. So the city Council now he has to decide on a interm mayor.

I also believe the EX mayor's voice was heard loud and clear about the current administration. I honestly would not be surprised if the story was picked up nationally.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I love this story, she may not have done it for the right reasons but, the precedent is no less significant.

I have been mulling something I have been calling 'deprecation candidacy' where the office in question, once occupied, is reduced to mere ceremonial authority and eventually removed altogether.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

" Depreciation Candidacy " I love it !!!! You could enter the race on a platform of depression.

top topics

join