It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do voters even consider Jeb Bush in 2016?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Bush brings the exact same people who created the mess that Obama couldn't clean up in the first place. How is that even remotely a good thing? If anything it is the biggest negative his policy could possibly have.

I've said how little I like Cruz here, the man is absolute scum but I would vote for him over another Bush, and do it with a smile.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So he was no different than all the people who want to play nicey nice with Iran nowadays.
Father Kennedy was an ambassador who actively collaborated to not go to war with the Nazis.
When we go to war with our enemies in the future, a whole bunch of people alive today will get painted like you are doing to past people who lived in pre WWII.

Your point is you have no point to make, it is all circumstance manipulation to spew venom.

Really? The war hawk plan to deal with Iran is sanctions to delay them until war is inevitable. Then we go in and turn their country to rubble and force regime change. Then we go in with the military contractors and Iraq it. How much did things cost the last time we did that?

How much does it cost if we can actually strike a deal with Iran?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Maybe because the Republicans haven't won the White House without either a Nixon or a Bush on the ticket in 87 years.

Desperate times call for desperate measures

What you did there, I see it.

Get both!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I guess that when the other choices are Rand Paul or Ted Cruz then Jeb Bush would seem like a pretty damn good candidate

Very true. Unless something earth shattering happens, I will likely vote foe Hillary this time around, though I am not super excited about her. Of the GOP candidates however, Jeb seems the most sane. That having been said I'm not thrilled about the idea of another Bush or Clinton in the White House. Honestly, ever since I started voting every presidential election just seems like a choosing of the lesser or 2 evils. Sometimes I'm jealous of those that can get SO excited over a candidate--I'm too much of a cynic for that...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So if the choice is Bush Vs. Clinton with a weak third party candidate, who can't win, who do you vote for?

The third party to make the point? If it's either Bush or Clinton, you can make the argument that Clinton is a better person than Bush or vice versa.

So then what does it become. I believe if given that choice, I have to vote for Clinton. Slightly better than Bush and then there are the long term effects on the world of having a female president. That won't be felt for several decades perhaps but that will be a historical moment for women and equality for women in the world. No, I'm not off base there. But is that enough to vote for her over Bush?

We could still push a strong third party from here, you know.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Well, I'm in Indiana and we pretty much always go republican, so I suppose at the end of the day it technically wouldn't matter if I wrote in Big Bird in for the presidency. I personally consider Hillary the lesser of the 2 evils, but I also don't think people should be voting for just because she's a woman.

As far as a third party--I think it would be great if there was one that was truly viable. i honestly think if it came to that though the dems and the GOP would start working together real fast in order to keep it a 2 party system.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Another bush? No thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Possibly because they're desperate to get away from the sewer that has been the Obama years?

If the Bush years were bad (and they were horrible) the Obama years have been worse for people who are really paying attention. Obama is at least as bad as Bush was but excels at playing the innocent "people's advocate". I don't like the idea of 8 years of Jeb Bush any more than anyone else with a brain but I also hate the hazy moral and ethical ambiguity we've been mired in since the day Obama stepped in.

edit on 18-4-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you complain about bad options and are still a registered Democrat or republican, think voting third party isn't a good idea...

Welcome to being part of the problem, there are other options stop voting for the problem makers.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If you complain about bad options and are still a registered Democrat or republican, think voting third party isn't a good idea...

Welcome to being part of the problem, there are other options stop voting for the problem makers.

The problem with the "third party" is it's too convenient.

If you've been paying attention you should know TPTB really are TPTB. And that means they have complete control. If there's an option they don't want you to have, you won't have it. Period.

The third party option is one of the few scenarios that can work for them now that so many are turning against the two main parties.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The problem with the "third party" is it's too convenient.

If you've been paying attention you should know TPTB really are TPTB. And that means they have complete control. If there's an option they don't want you to have, you won't have it. Period.

The third party option is one of the few scenarios that can work for them now that so many are turning against the two main parties.

Yes, you make a valid point they ARE the POWER and their wealth gives them total control over a system that was easily purchased. When the system is corrupt, there are no choices but bad ones, and in actuality, NO choices at all. I do not understand how people cannot get it that the ones with the most money always buy the things they need in order to keep the cash flowing and that always includes those who write the laws. After all, they are only cheap whores that sell out without a second thought. The system can never change, it can only collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join