It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US should abandon the war on terror.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: mOjOm

Another great canned argument you're sure to get plenty of stars for that statement that is repeated over and over

Now let me ask you this? What happens to the private corporations that made all that money when US collapses in debt and they lose most of it?

Your argument sounds like a textbook lesson in the law of diminishing returns.

Go ahead and quote Eisenhower about " beware of the military industrial complex" but I would like to point out we weren't $19 trillion in debt When he made that statement.

Corporations don't pay taxes consumers do.
The top elite make the majority of their wealth off the stock market.
They just move that money to safe havens via insider knowledge and leave everyone else holding the bag.

Look at the TPP and Free Trade Agreements.
They harm the US but benefit nationless corporations that have relocated all over the globe.
Why should they care when they can go to some other country?
They have no skin in the game.

The only way they would have skin in the game is if we taxed capital gain profits much higher than they are now if they invest out of this country and leave it lower if they invest in the country.

If they wish to sell to Americans outside the country, we create tariffs to make it more costly to them and cheaper for Pro American Corporations.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Link? oh never mind all I was doing was walking the dog with that fool. He inserted himself and crashed a change of opinion (and a complement to almost everyone on this site by me) . But if you also want to pride yourself by rehashing canned statements that have been repeatedly made on sites like these knock yourself out.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

Honestly ideological idiots like you amaze me. Do you really think anyone could spend more than a week on this site and not hear that same old tired argument?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

You talk about canned responses but it's you who sounds like a broken record. Nor have you shown anything to counter what I said earlier. All you do is just talk sh*t about anyone else who posts anything counter to what you think. Why not put some evidence to back it up your claims??? Why not answer the question I asked of you earlier???

You're all talk man and most of that is noting but insults. You keep saying how dumb everyone else is but you haven't shown anything yet but your arrogance. You're just trolling and in case you haven't noticed I'm probably the only one even listening at this point and that's only because I'm waiting for something credible to come forward. I guess I'll be waiting forever.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I thought you were done with me? (I guess nobody can believe anything you say)

Everybody knows every thread needs to be about you . Like I used to tell my daughter when she was four years old and throwing a fit " I see you honey".

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I thought you were done with me? (I guess nobody can believe anything you say)

Everybody knows every thread needs to be about you . Like I used to tell my daughter when she was four years old and throwing a fit " I see you honey".

You keep trying to make it about me because your position in this discussion is BS. I'm trying to get you to discuss the topic but you won't.

So again, why not answer the question I asked of you earlier???

Stop talking about me for a second and get to the topic. ATS is about debate and discussion. Not just you feeding your ego by listening to yourself talk.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

First paragraph: Nope other people have noticed you think it's all about you.

Second paragraph; I answered your question already I was met with opinions. I'm never going to change your opinion you're never going to change mine. So why are you still attempting to do that when the answer is completely obvious. (we're back to your childish immaturity and yourself a Philly need to get in the last word as in the answer to the first paragraph)

Paragraph three; You should know! (again refer to the last paragraph) lol

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Just keep dodging the conversation huh??? What a shock.

Tell ya what, when you want to actually have a discussion and want to make some attempt at doing so like a normal person I'll be here. I doubt you'll last that long from what I've seen so far though.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So I guess you're done with me again? Lol

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Until you learn how to actually be part of a two way conversation I'll have to be now won't I???

But like I said, I'll be here waiting for you to post something credible worth talking about.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
We are the terror.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So definitely without any doubt if I don't answer your questions I've already answered you're done with me right? Lol

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Bla bla bla....Why do you keep trying to make this about me???

Stalling I suppose. But more likely Trolling.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Nope.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Just a question for you. Are you also aware that thoughts are supposed to be broken up with paragraphs in the English language?
I have seen people using all of the rules to writing and many more not .I guess when trying to put down my thought's at times I do get lax .I know that the site would like multiple lines of response and to avoid one liners ,but that rule is usually broken on most threads .I maybe should have created multiple paragraphs for this post ,but will leave it as such .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Abandon it?
Whats the point, they've destroyed Iraq and Afghanistan, created ISIS, influenced massive Middle East unrest and put the nation into trillions of debt.

Seems pulling out now is the worst decision, because they'll be back in 6 months when ISIS takes over the friggen middle east.

you broke it, you bought it.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
War on terrorism?

One simply can not kill an ideology.

No, you can not. But 'you' can kill people who hold an ideology
or 'you' can use torture to push that ideology to an extreme
in order to justify kill more people.

That is what we have going on here.

In my view, it all intended to create war with China and Russia
while we give our partners in crime what they want. Those
partners are Israel and Saudi Arabia who don't have official
diplomatic relations... odd is it not?

We live in an upside down world, run by criminals.
Wipe out all the criminals, and you just get a new bunch
in no time at all. Destroy the system and it rebuild itself.

Such is life in this place called Earth.

I focus on empowering myself (when I can),
and not being attached to the outcome.
All any of us can do is lead by example.

edit on 9-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join