It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Guilty on First 7 Counts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
a reply to: Krakatoa

What if a tree fell on her leg? Should we destroy nature and the Earth in revenge so that it can never happen to anyone else?

Despite who said the quote, it does not make it any less true. There are an infinite number of sides to every story and in most cases people have tunnel vision to their own dispositions.

But, it wasn't a tree that severed her leg....it was a man-made bomb, constructed and placed to cause death and destruction to innocent people gathered at a sporting event. He made a conscious decision to do this horrendous act, was caught, went to trial, and was found guilty on all charges against him.

Now that he has been found guilty on all 30 (repeat 30) charges, he will be sentenced. I do not agree with life in prison, since he has taken the life of 3 innocent people, and should forfeit his life IMO.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Mirroring your sentiments, towards those that continue to propagate yet another false narrative.

Details regarding the event remain vividly etched in memory, disabling any attempt at feigning ignorance...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I'm not "mad" about anything, I just find it funny that people typing on their computers can so easily come up with painful deaths and punishments for someone when they likely wouldn't have the cojones to deliver that punishment in real life. Nor do many of these people realize that this type of thinking is probably how people like Tsarnaev and his brother felt towards America as a whole.

Condemning others and saying "that's bad, he should be violently hurt in return" is a primary reason as to why society is in the mess that it is.

What they did was HORRIBLE, I'm not denying that, but this type of thinking doesn't help anything. If it helps you feel better, write those thoughts in a journal or a diary. No need to perpetuate that type of negative thinking to others though, not with the state of affairs the way they are now. We need improvement, not tons of people coming up with more Barbaric Execution ideas. Terr0rists will probably just steal them and use them against us anyway

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

In regards to my "pressure cooker full o' pork" idea that I suggested, I'll say only this.

Give me the detonator, and I'll prove you wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Maybe I should have been more clear - the reason I don't approve of people wishing death on him is because it goes against MY beliefs and is the type of thinking that hurts society as a whole. So thank you for explaining this to me and maybe this explains why I don't approve of everyone having wishful death thoughts for the sick kid

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

TO be clear, I am not advocating any horrendous and long drawn out death penalty. As quick and painless as possible, in as humane as possible manner (considering it is taking the life of a human) is fine by me. Death by lethal injection, sure, give me the syringe, and I will administer the lethal dose...no hesitation, no emotional attachment because it is a penalty for a crime. IT is not a deterrent, it is a penalty...a punishment for actively planning, building and deploying that bomb, and choosing to then participate in more murderous behavior a few nights later, resulting in a wild police chase, involving shooting, and deploying of pipe bombs that night. And today, his lack of emotion and compassion during the trial and announcement of the verdicts indicates he harbors no remorse for his actions.

Let us not forget it was more than a single days events. This was planned over months, at which point he could have stopped and removed himself from the event.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
what i find ignorant, or just plain sad is people saying we shouldn't execute him.
are you forgetting he admitted his guilt?

no matter what his lawyers said about his brother, he could have walked away anytime during the the time they walked down the side walks to place the bombs. he made the choice now it's his time to pay.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
And the celebration of death marches on.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Wasted and ruined lives are always disheartening to see. I don't "feel sorry" for them, but the wasted potential and damage that has been done is saddening in general

I kinda feel that way.

I hate to see loss of potential from stupidity, but there's also loss of potential from those he killed and maimed.

Many suffer everyday from his actions.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There was no chance he was going to get away with it. Guilty verdict was all I personally needed, it doesn't matter much to me whether he dies for it or lives out the rest of his life in prison. It's over.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos
What's happened to ATS? Did I wake up in an alternative realm, I fairly sure we established that this was a false flag beyond dealt.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kazryll

when was that, i never saw that proven. i saw a lot of people claiming it, but not proven.

and besides that, where does we come from? according to your profile you just joined today, unless you had another account you couldn't have contributed any thing.

edit on 8-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
"Guilty! Let's kill them!"

Ironically, these are probably the same thoughts that went through his and his brother's heads before they detonated bombs.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ALL the dumb kids who die for ideas that are nothing but wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I don't believe in the death penalty. It does not serve a purpose in this day and age.

Its pretty much useless as psychopaths/sociopaths are far too into the moment and themselves worry about to fear(which they don't process at all like us) dying.

The most it does is scare the non-antisocials in line. But again it doesn't deter terrorists,murderers,paedophiles and rapists.
edit on 8-4-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm watching the news coverage on tv and part of me feels like he should be put to death but the other part of me is saying let him rot in prison.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty because I don't believe in eye for an eye. But because of the damage and the lives that were lost I'm like hell no......let him die. However, if he were to be put to death, he would be getting what he wants.

On CNN it was pointed out that if he were to go to prison for life he could possible convert other people to be terrorists who would be released into general population. This is something that I don't want to happen. I don't even know which side to pick to be honest. But he does need to pay for what he's done.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's exactly what I was saying, thank you for reaffirming me feeling about this

do many of these people realize that this type of thinking is probably how people like Tsarnaev and his brother felt towards America as a whole. Condemning others and saying "that's bad, he should be violently hurt in return" is a primary reason as to why society is in the mess that it is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join