It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felony animal abuse charges for killing Goldfish, This is getting out of hand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OK, this woman is guilty of criminal mischief and destruction of property but throwing on "felony animal abuse" charges for killing 5 goldfish is a bit much.

What's next, Felony charges for feeding your snakes mice, your carnivorous fish guppies and goldfish?

What about fishermen? Those worms and minnows die a cruel death, Felony!

www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

All this Stupid-ness is Leading to the Purge...lol

This is utterly ridiculous. Just the GoldFish Part...gosh, almost left that out for the fiends here to nit-pick...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Racism is ALMOST dead; next is speciesism. Why do the lives of goldfish have less contextual value to THEM, than your life does to YOU? Please don't answer, just think about it. . .
edit on 8-4-2015 by kiro8lak because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I get your point but let's change the scenario:

Woman kills boyfriend's dog by pouring bleach in its water bowl!

Still no big deal?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This woman was one step away from doing something really serious. Let's face it... it's not like she accidentally "killed" the goldfish she won at the carnival. She had intent and that intent could have led into something more serious.

Maybe those goldfish had quite a bit of sentimental feeling to her bf...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak

Racism is ALMOST dead; next is speciesism. Why do the lives of goldfish have less contextual value to THEM, than your life does to YOU? Please don't answer, just think about it. . .

The goldfish hang around all day, eat, poop, and sometimes mate.

Damn... I guess I'm not that much different.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Still no big deal?

Straw man argument. There is no comparison between a dog and a goldfish. Its the equivalent to comparing a goldfish to a brine shrimp....which are used to FEED the goldfish in many cases. Your attempt to defend this is IMO, quite laughable, and I am aware of your background as a LEO. I expect you to defend them at all costs.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Hey if ewe were a goldfish then this would all make sense.

I'm quite certain goldfish can't type or read or use computers so ....yeah I agree it's just more nonsense.

One time I used a magnifying glass to kill bugs.... felony?!?

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think this case has a lot more to do with the emotional intentions of her action and less to do with the act itself.

Anyone with the mental capacity to kill a person's pets out of spite deserves a harsh punishment.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Still no big deal?

Straw man argument. There is no comparison between a dog and a goldfish. Its the equivalent to comparing a goldfish to a brine shrimp....which are used to FEED the goldfish in many cases. Your attempt to defend this is IMO, quite laughable, and I am aware of your background as a LEO. I expect you to defend them at all costs.

Remove yourself from the "they're just goldfish" argument and think about the premise.

She killed the man's pets out of spite and destroyed his apartment. She deserves a harsh punishment.

link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak

I'd rather not.

Given the type of person she seems to be, the goldfish charge was added because it technically could be. Some people are just better off behind bars. If that means digging deep for peripheral charges like what was done here, so be it.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker
OK, this woman is guilty of criminal mischief and destruction of property but throwing on "felony animal abuse" charges for killing 5 goldfish is a bit much.

What's next, Felony charges for feeding your snakes mice, your carnivorous fish guppies and goldfish?

What about fishermen? Those worms and minnows die a cruel death, Felony!

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Like with many things, it's all about the intent behind the actions.

If she had accidentally poured bleach in the water, there wouldn't be an issue.

link   
To be fair, she also destroyed a bunch of his stuff, and the murder of the fish, which were pets, was done maliciously and on purpose.

And she's green. Why is she green?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
She looks green in the picture at the link. I don't think she is Human, so they can't call her actions inhumane.

Now, she should not have taken her anger out on the goldfish, she is not a nice woman. But face it, I fish and I use bait and I do not think charges should be brought against this woman. I do not especially like putting the hook through a fish to use as bait for a pike. But if I want to eat a pike, that is something I must do. The pike probably is trying to put my bait out of it's misery because I am sure they know what a hook looks like.

There are a lot of inhumane things we do that are not nice, but this woman was torturing the fish. It makes me think of how I used to shoot frogs and songbirds when I was young, when it was acceptable to do so and there was an abundance of birds around. Not anymore, I would not want to kill a bird unless I eat it now. Basicly because the populations are dropping because of our chemistry manipulation of this country.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Well said!

She did this for spite and revenge. Don't care what died.

Book em, Danno!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

And she's green. Why is she green?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Is it so hard to understand simple truths people......If you intentionally cause suffering or are cruel you should be charged.

She poured bleach into the water......Cruel. And Ya I get this a gold fish. Would all you posters be saying the same thing if this man cared for Dolphins.
edit on 8-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
It's the intent. I mean, if her boyfriends pet had been a dog or cat, we'd all be outraged- and don't you think she'd have done that if she could have? What do you think of this personality trait? If she's willing to take life out of vindictiveness, where will she stop?

Someones' dog, cat, horse, child?

link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Lol get outta here with your strawman crap dude.

Maybe YOU don't place any value on goldfish. You don't speak for humanity.

Strawman. Lol

Oh, just saw the rest of your comment: by all means, trawl through my post history. You'll find more than one cop I've spoken out against, and more than one law I've called stupid. Being a LEO doesn't mean I support them blindly. But I do understand the law, the concept of "intent," and any number of other aspects relating to law enforcement.

But I guess based off your comment, I know I can expect you to ignore all that and stick with your game plan

edit on 8-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This lady deserved what she got.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join