It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If corporations have captured the US government, what could stop them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Transparency lawsuit coming from an unlikely source

From a western perspective, the view of Chinese society ranges from "noble but backward" to "malicious aggressors".

It might be the time to get more data on that view and upgrade it. I'll admit I had no idea that Chinese citizens could sue the Chinese government in a Chinese court. Apparently it's happening and this time I will be paying attention.

This time, private citizens are taking on a Chinese regulatory agency for approving Monsanto's Round-up herbicide 27 years ago. Think that approval was legit? I doubt it, because few things are in Chinese government and fewer things are with Monsanto.

It's ironic that Russia and China may be the ones to blunt Monsanto, Dow & Sygentia on their march for world domination. Maybe not. When all governments are either straight up fascist or going that way, maybe we should expect to go to war and bear malice towards people we don't know on behalf corporate profits?

Are the Chinese now fed up and choking on bad ideas brought by western corporations? Maybe they can make a difference? Even if this is a PR game they are playing, I'm fascinated by it from the perspective of game theory. Dominoes do occasionally fall.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

If this was 27 years ago there likely wasn't the data and research there is today on the hazards of the weed-killing formula Monsanto produces. So maybe it was a legitimate approval by that Chinese regulatory agency?

At any rate, I'm afraid something like this going on in China wouldn't have much of an affect (if any) on the West or how things are run over here. Money rules all, so accountability goes out the window and negligent practices like using cancer-causing chemicals on everything we eat (while knowing the hazards of such) is and will remain to be fair game.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They dont tolerate corruption in china .. and have launched a major crackdown on it .. theres warrants out now for over 700 people who fled the country with ill gotten gains .. the chinese government is working with other countries to have them extradited back to china along with seizing their ill gotten gains .. in past the chinese have rioted over corruption by politicians and corporations .. chinas current president also is very much against corruption in the country ..

Westerners may complain .. but in areas like this china is ahead of the west in how they deal with corruption ..

Monsanto is about to learn the hard way they bit off more than they can chew this time .. two western pharmacuetical companies also are facing charges in china due corruption...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The first thing that we can do is outlaw lobbyists and pass term limits. Stop the "too big to fail" mentality by the government. Limit the amount of election funds a candidate can have and outlaw political slush funds. Finally, pass a balanced budget amendment.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Queue the anti-China PR machine. I don't mean here on ATS but in-general. Any exposure to these corruption-fighting actions led by the citizens there will spawn equal counter-exposure to how "evil" China is here. Can't have the peasants unruly now, can we?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
To answer the thread title; create viable competition that not only has a different incentive system, but can change according to the natural progression of need/want in a society.

Whatever the solution, it will require mass participation from society. Which is why so many distraction techniques are used. As long as people focus on all the wrong things, they will continue to participate in a system that bleeds us all dry.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that change will need to come from the top down though. The social programming has been too successful. Luckily, those at the top would benefit just as much as anyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In the UK its only since social networking that people have had a means of talking and criticising governmental acts. Before we had no forum except private letters of complaint and the press who are simply now so compromised its pathetic because investigative journalism is virtually dead in the UK.

We did here have a thing called the monopolies board which was supposed to stop big companies buying out others and owning all the options being sold to the public etc. I do think so many of our monitoring organisations, who are supposed to protect us were set up deliberately with no powers except to pontificate - which today is a sheer waste of public funds on the expenses of those who sit on that type of quango.

If the Chinese are going for it in a big way I hope it gets aired a lot for the rest of us to read and see the action. Publics around the world are no different in the main, some are just freer to express their disagreement or have better laws to bring corruption to the fore. Cameron and Milliband are part of our corruption here because of those who finance their parties with their election campaigns. We need public funding to aid people into politics not companies who then instal their own lobbyists on the door mat of our parliament.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well done ! S and F
We the people should accept help
regardless of where it comes from.
The only thing I would change is the title to reflect reality.
"Corporations have taken over America what can stop them ?"

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Change Corporations to BANKS and you'll HAVE it .

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
According to Bernie Sanders on CNN this morning, he admits the corporations are too powerful lobbyists to beat. He said we have to keep trying though.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Change Corporations to BANKS and you'll HAVE it .

"Give a man a gun he can rob a bank, give a man a bank he can rob the world" your post reminded me of that little saying

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I always like "If you want to sove a crime follow the money"

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
The first thing that we can do is outlaw lobbyists and pass term limits. Stop the "too big to fail" mentality by the government. Limit the amount of election funds a candidate can have and outlaw political slush funds. Finally, pass a balanced budget amendment.

C'mon, that would make too much sense

I'll take it a step further. Who would need to pass these reforms? Politicians. If you think they'll cut themselves off from their funding, think again. The real question is, what will it take for the citizens to unify and force these changes? The average person is so placated by modern entertainment, conveniences and self-indulgence that they're don't notice they're being robbed blind. How do we end the mindset of entitlement. When will people shrug off the "right vs left" or "me vs you" paradigm and unite under one cause? The only answer I can give is, hopefully before it's too late.

T

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They shouldn't sue their government, they should make their government ban imports of the GMO soybeans which use roundup. The same with the other countries around the world. If they quit allowing import or sale of these things, Monsanto will crumble and their people will go back to hell.

I feel that Monsanto is an egotistical corporation that tries to bully everyone who says something against it. I see them abusing the legal system by forcing people to pay huge legal fees to protect themselves if they say anything bad about Monsanto products. Our government should shut them down for disgracing our legal system.

I won't say anything bad about their product, the evidence does enough to show it's problems. I will say that I feel they are abusing our legal system though and that I do not think they tell the whole truth about stuff. I have a right to an opinion here in America.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Corporations and Wall street have already captured the US government.

What you see now being played out in real life, is an answer to that question.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This can stop the corrupt greedy oligarchs. Spread the word.

Just watch the first 2 minutes. If it hooks you (it will) watch the rest.

👣

edit on 921WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Around 27 years, Margaret Thatcher was hired by various corporations to push for more trade with China. She was involved with Philip Morris to bring cigarettes to China.

ash.org.uk...

Monsanto has been pushed out of China:

birthofanewearth.blogspot.fr...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The right legislature.

Second.

AAC

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That's great that Chinese citizens are being active. The US has become complacent. But what are you going to do? Prior to bombing Iraq, millions of people in the entire United States marched in protest. In fact, in entire world marched in protest.. remember that? What became of that? Well not much right.. shortly following that came the 'shock and awe'.

I think after everyone saw that such a massive demonstration had no effect whatsoever, people sort of gave up.

China's CPC was pretty scary back in the day.. and not very far back.

The situation is representative of the fact that not just our country, but others also consists of groups/people with opposing views.

---

I don't think US corporations have captured the US government, but particular 'cultures' that have been intimate together for a long time.

Anyway good to see people being active.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
In my opinion they always stop themselves, then the cycle repeats.

1 Founding
2 Flowering
3 Decline
4 Chaos

Video
edit on 10-4-2015 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join