It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea capable of launching ‘mobile’ nuke missile into US – NORAD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Which half of North Korea does the U.S. Occupy?

Why don't they leave all of it to the Koreans? Is it Korea or a colony of the US Empire?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Lysergic

Because the world is fair and N Korea is THE mascot for fairness?

Before or after US invaded and occupied the "Peninsula"?

Its easy to destroy a nations sovereignty, divide its people an soil (for half a century) and then say look how "repressed" they are.

I was not aware South Korea was annexed by the USA?

Last I checked it has its own sovereign independent government.
According to some people the presence of a U.S. Embassy in any country means they're occupied by big bad U.S.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Which half of North Korea does the U.S. Occupy?

Why don't they leave all of it to the Koreans? Is it Korea or a colony of the US Empire?
Look, I taught English to students in South Korea for two years. I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that South Korea is it's own nation, with it's own culture and people. In fact, many of the South Koreans I know are GLAD that the U.S. has a military presence in the country. Especially in Seoul, where the sword of Damocles hangs over their head almost daily under near constant threats by NK to "unleash Nuclear Hellfire" on Seoul.

South Korea is it's own country. Don't talk to me about how it's not unless you've spent the time I have there.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Looks like a workers paradise.

Bombs awaaay…

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that South Korea is it's own nation, with it's own culture and people.

Do tell.

Google it

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that South Korea is it's own nation, with it's own culture and people.

Do tell.

Google it
Did you just ignore the rest of my post where I said there's a military presence in South Korea, and that the majority of South Koreans WANT them there?

How many years have YOU spent in South Korea?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Look, I taught English to students in South Korea for two years.

You mean you indoctrinated Korean children to western ways? Shame on you.

edit on 8-4-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Do tell.

Google it

US has based in UK too. We are not "occupied" US territory.

There is a big difference between a treaty allowing US troops to be based there and being occupied.
Ones Voluntary the other is not.

US has no jurisdiction in the south Korean government, US troops are there purely by invite only.

Now whether people in the US agree with the defence treaty is a different matter. But South Korea can ask you leave any time it wants.
edit on 8-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hmm... In the time I taught there, I wasn't instructed to "indoctrinate" anyone. In fact, I was given pretty much carte blanche to teach how I saw fit, within a few guidelines of course for course material (Which was mainly conversational English).

In fact, South Korea has had quite the effect on the U.S. in recent years. South Korean music and media are widely popular among U.S. youth.
edit on 8-4-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: Saw Intrptr's edit, modified post

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Gotta love the self-hating, they're always interesting to watch.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Hmm... In the time I taught there, I wasn't instructed to "indoctrinate" anyone. In fact, I was given pretty much carte blanche to teach how I saw fit, within a few guidelines of course for course material (Which was mainly conversational English).

In fact, South Korea has had quite the effect on the U.S. in recent years. South Korean music and media are widely popular among U.S. youth.

Same here there culture is seeping into the UK.

They certainly dont have a "repressed" culture thats for sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No its called travelling and learning about the outside world.

I suggest you try it, you might stop speaking bollocks on things you know little about.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If this report is accurate, I don't understand the hubub over Iran. North Korea already has nuclear weapons and is testing systems to deploy them -- Iran doesn't even have a nuclear weapon. I'd say N. Korea is a more immediate threat than Iran, but for some reason we don't hear near the outrage or war drums.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If this report is accurate, I don't understand the hubub over Iran. North Korea already has nuclear weapons and is testing systems to deploy them -- Iran doesn't even have a nuclear weapon. I'd say N. Korea is a more immediate threat than Iran, but for some reason we don't hear near the outrage or war drums.

I think its down to the fact the MIC want easy pickings.

Its not profiatble to go to bomb a country that could nuke you back and has powerfull allies

The fat cats at the top just want brave troops fight and die in pointless wars were they can make easy cash.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I suggest you try it, you might stop speaking bollocks on things you know little about.

You mean to tell me the US military doesn't actually occupy the Korean Peninsula? News to me, guess I need thicker rose colored glasses on my "excursions outside".

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

North Korea is thought to be backed by China, and to a lesser extent by Russia. Poking that hornets nest would probably stir up some major conflict. NK is already sanctioned to hell so there isn't much more diplomatically that can be done beyond occasional platitudes, and militarily moving against NK would only cause more harm than good.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Because of China. While China and North Korea aren't on the best terms there's too much chance that they'll come in on their side again. They don't want a war with China.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'd say N. Korea is a more immediate threat than Iran, but for some reason we don't hear near the outrage or war drums.

Thats because US military presence is firmly established as a thorn in the underbelly of the Eurasian continent. There is no need to invade further, as yet.

Unlike the middle east where unoccupied countries like Iran still maintain independent nation status.
edit on 8-4-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

According to you if even one US soldier is stationed their the US is occupying them. There's no such thing as a treaty between friendly nations.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You mean to tell me the US military doesn't actually occupy the Korean Peninsula? News to me, guess I need thicker rose colored glasses on my "excursions outside".

From Wikipedia:

Military occupation is effective provisional control of a certain ruling power over a territory which is not under the formal sovereignty of that entity, without the volition of the actual sovereign. Military occupation is distinguished from annexation by its intended temporary nature (i.e. no claim for permanent sovereignty), by its military nature, and by citizenship rights of the controlling power not being conferred upon the subjugated population.

Weird, when I was there the South Korean government was firmly in control of the peninsula, and the U.S. Troops were there at the behest of the South Koreans. Guess you and I have different definitions for the term "Occupation"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join