It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F16 Lover!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is the F16 (any variation) the all around best plane out there?

Now, Im not saying its the best interceptor or superiority fighter or anything like that. But for an all around fighter, it must be about the most capable out there. Fast, as agile as it gets and can carry a boat load of bombs.

And it still has an actual gun on it!! That fires bullets!

If I were a smalish country and wanted a little airforce for home security and protection, how could you ignore the F16? Relatively cheap by todays standards too.

Anybody else smitten with this plane like I am?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Is it just me, or is the F16 (any variation) the all around best plane out there?

Now, Im not saying its the best interceptor or superiority fighter or anything like that. But for an all around fighter, it must be about the most capable out there. Fast, as agile as it gets and can carry a boat load of bombs.

And it still has an actual gun on it!! That fires bullets!

If I were a smalish country and wanted a little airforce for home security and protection, how could you ignore the F16? Relatively cheap by todays standards too.

Anybody else smitten with this plane like I am?

THe F/A-18 has a gun that fires bullets, is cheap, one of the best a-a and a-g a terrific fighter and has a longer range and can operate off a carrier, plus it has two engines

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In that class I am most smitten with the Mirage 2000, even if it is French

Power, performance and simplicity, it beats the F-16 for me and the F-18 is a different class altogether, and a bit slow.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

THe F/A-18 has a gun that fires bullets, is cheap, one of the best a-a and a-g a terrific fighter and has a longer range and can operate off a carrier, plus it has two engines

The F/A-18 does have the edge on reliability as many times it has suffered catastrophic damage and RTB'd.

Oh, to answer you�re first question the newest F-16 may be the best bang for the buck. Especially with AESA radar, its nice countermeasures, increased reliability over older models, its speed, high-low alpha handling, range and so on... Any small country looking for an air superiority/attack jet need look no further.

In my opinion the Jas-39 and M-2000 comes in at a close 2nd!

[edit on 20-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

new topics

top topics

join