It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have Conservatives backed themselves into a corner?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Imightknow

I think you forget history and the nominal cycles of American politics.
Like most progrssives attempt to decieve their way through the system they have decieved THEMSELVES.
NOW that the RIGHT has seen EXACTLY what THEY can get away with ,the pedulum will swing further right, THEY already have a cold war to play with now. ALMOST seems intended.
The people in the middle will be labeled AS rhe "other side" by both sides, in the mean time while the division continues ,watch them use the system to lock down things.
Remember the far right is in bed with the banks who run everything THEY know how to run sercret things unlike these activists utilizing THEIR ideals to effect changes, sociologically.
THESE are quite offense and will be countered ,just as the minority progressives are offended ,but once the current regime is removed so will the efforts be dismantled. EVENTUALLY it will either be returning to the middle or collapse.
THAT is what is best
edit on 9-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I agree with what you are saying.

I guess i should have clarified more in my post that I do not consider myself a donkey nor an elephant. I believe that it is a fake movie put on for us by TPTB. I definitely think the democrats are just as bad as the republicans, but both work for the same bosses, and their job is deceit.

I'm just happy because it is evident and very noticeable that the days of not questioning things are behind us, and that is what will spark change in all aspects of our lives in this country and even the world.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Imightknow

They will go for bigger scares soon .probably money, this time.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Seems that the Conservative platform these days is to oppose anything that is deemed "Liberal", and those things include things like Science,

Science is a liberal thing?

accessible healthcare, social safety nets,

I just read a book by the president of a leading conservative think tank. He advocated for a social safety net.

equal rights for LGBT people,

LGBT people have all the rights everyone else has...marriage isn't a right, at least not in the states.
Don't believe me? Try marrying your sister. Or two different people, of any gender, in any state.
Naww. Marriage is something the government gives out in begrudging doses.

reasonable Gun laws, affordable and accessible Education for everyone.

Already in place.

How can a political ideology succeed when they oppose these things that are some the most important issues to the majority of people worldwide? Especially young people?

Political ideologies only succeed in destruction, and young people are sick of them.

Conservatives have backed themselves into this corner and now any conservatives that comes out in support of these "liberal" ideas are instantly chastised.

Yes. Also any conservative that comes out in support of "conservative" ideas is instantly chastised.
Oddly enough, liberalism and conservatism are almost the same thing, historically speaking. Progressivism, which is mislabeled liberalism, and conservatism are quite different.

So why have Conservatives backed themselves into this corner? How do they expect to succeed when they oppose these things?

They have a voter base that likes this sort of thing.

How can they succeed while still believing a public business should have the right to discriminate against anyone based on their skin color or sexual orientation?

I haven't heard many people calling for that right.

Ugh. Conservative/less conservative is a horrible dichotomy.
We ought to define things in terms of more and less liberty. That would be interesting.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Didn't know conservatives were anti-science

Oh please, Republicans today are 100% against science except for weapons technology of course.
Florida just banned their officials from talking about climate science, the Bush administration spent the whole 8 years trying to undermine science which is why they called it the war on science. In fact, if you watched the first 2008 republican debate, almost every single one of the 9 candidates said that it's wrong for the government to spend money on scientific studies.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I think the November elections show just how badly states have gerrymandered their districts. It is obvious to see. When the 2016 elections rolls around it will be even more obvious. The country will all of a sudden show a shift to the left compared to the results of the November elections. Why? Because gerrymandering does not effect presidential elections.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

We'll see I suppose.

Interesting to note is that even with the huge liberal progressive presence here on ATS, the 2 top contenders for President are both Republicans.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
a reply to: Bone75

I think the November elections show just how badly states have gerrymandered their districts. It is obvious to see. When the 2016 elections rolls around it will be even more obvious. The country will all of a sudden show a shift to the left compared to the results of the November elections. Why? Because gerrymandering does not effect presidential elections.

The Gerrymandering issue is interesting.

But with so many "Red" Congressional Districts side by side, examples of election swaying gerrymandering are hard to find.

Unless they got to all 435 Districts state by state?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Really 100%
EVERY single one.
THAT is how you continue to fail ,you assume ALL where that isn't even POSSIBLE in the US.
By all means ,continue.
edit on 10-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Come live in England - where we have a coalition between the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives.

I know... I know!!!

And people still take it seriously!!!!

.....and kneel at the feet of inbred pedophiles, no thanks, that's why we kicked you out in the first place

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pyramid head

Come live in England - where we have a coalition between the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives.

I know... I know!!!

.....and kneel at the feet of inbred pedophiles, no thanks, that's why we kicked you out in the first place

And yet, you just described congress.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Same ol', same ol'. You will never agree with people on the "far right" because you don't understand or appreciate real freedom. You are an authoritarian. You believe in threating anyone who disagrees with you with a government gun.
You cannot back freedom into a "corner".

The only way people like you and people on the far right will agree is if you ever discover what freedom means. Until then you will cheerlead tyranny and vote to lose freedom until it directly effects you. Your slave mindset will only let you vote to put heavier chains on others than the ones you currently have on.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: pyramid head

I know... I know!!!

And yet, you just described congress.

True to a certain extent, although we do not kneel to one congressman/woman. Though far and few between, there are also some who are looking out for us.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Nobody kneels to anyone and nobody ever should... There's no point in arguing whose fat cats are better than whose, they're all terrible people.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Freedom was a time when the police had to have a reason to stop you and search you. I wonder how many people just disappear? I am not going to AZ anymore. I have pale skin, blonde hair and they stop me every time. Same way with my brother in law. What we have in common are Washington State plates. That is not a reason for stopping and searching me. No, conservatives destroyed the spirit of the constitution with the Patriot Act. We have no protection from police authorities anymore.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Many people think Liberal criminal enforcement has enhanced the police state activities.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

No, conservatives destroyed the spirit of the constitution with the Patriot Act.

Another case where liberals/progressives need to get their facts straight before parroting talking points...

The patriot act was voted almost unanimously into being, by both republicans and democrats........

So you can blame the liberals for that one as well as republicans

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Oh please, Republicans today are 100% against science except for weapons technology of course.

So because Conservatives don't buy into Man Made Global Warming, hook , line and sinker, they are 100% against science?

Weird, ok well then what about SCIENTIST, who aren't convinced Man Made Global Warming is what the "big machine" has been saying it is?

Are those SCIENTIST, 100% against science?

And since when does not agreeing with one thing mean that you totally disagree with every premise?

More labeling and white washing from the left..........

So tolerant those progressives are of different Ideas.......its like you guys have become a parody of yourselves

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Didn't Joe Biden draft the original Patriot Act in 95?

didn't know he was a republican.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Didn't Joe Biden draft the original Patriot Act in 95?

didn't know he was a republican.

Go figure.

That's my understanding, im at work or I would confirm this, its just interesting how the ol "tell a lie long enough it becomes fact" is used "liberally" by progressives (see what I did there)

That being said, the patriot act was a HUGE travesty to the rights of the country, that I can agree with.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join