It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These Pet Rabbits Are Huge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Giant Rabbit Resting With Dog

I never knew there were such huge rabbits.
They make good pets are docile and get along well with other animals.

Pretty cool rabbits

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Huge bunnies are huge!

Good grief!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

My brother in law used to breed Dutch meat rabbits , not really sure of the breed . But although large they were nothing like this . She doesnt live near Fukushima by any chance .

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

That would make a huge stew. I have never thought of rabbits as anything but food. sorry if that is offensive to you. They don't really train that well. They tend to piss and # where ever
They want...stew meat.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The rabbit breed is a Continental Giant aka the German Giant. Family had Flemish Giants which these are said to be bred from, and can say very much they are gentle. They make nice house bunnies. In Germany, these rabbits are being grown 25 pounds or so for food.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well this will be my contribution to the conversation:

the first thing that came to mind

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Interesting that the carnivorous aspects of people comes out when they see these, it doesn't offend me.

But the reactions did surprise me.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
OMG!!! I have to get one.
The wild normal rabbits around here scare my bulldog. He would never leave the house with one of those outside!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Num,num,num. Make great stew.

Boy those rabbits eat a lot though.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It would be an interesting test of your ability to differentiate wouldn't it? Think about it. One of the one hand, you could keep a buck and a doe or two for pets and maybe breed them. Then, could you stand to raise their kittens and butcher them for meat? There's a lot of food potential there, but I'm not sure I could do that ... keep mom and pop but butcher the kits.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

G,day mate. I am gobsmacked. That bloody thing is frigging huge
problem is i dont have a roasting pot big enough lol
if a bloke went out spotlighting these at midnight a M1 tank would be required lol
i will have to show the handbrake and 2yr old grandgaughter the picture
ques. Is the meat ok or is it somewhat tough
oh the handbrake is aussie for wife

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

My second thought (first being MEAT!!!!!) is the question of how well they'd do holding their own against predators.

I'd bet that a cat or small to medium sized dog wouldn't stand a chance against one.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I remember this news from awhile back:

Donation to N. Korea to address starvation:

"N. Korea Hops to Giant-Rabbit Breeding"

abcnews.go.com...

Szmolinsky estimates that it costs about $1,000 a year to feed the 60 bunnies he keeps in his yard. When you think that each full-grown rabbit has 15 pounds of meat on its bones, though, the payback is handsome.

Fifteen pounds is the equivalent of 60 hamburgers, but it's not all good eating. The 15 pounds include the liver, heart, stomach, and even the meat on the rabbits' gigantic heads.

As the old saying goes, they breed like rabbits. While one cow has one calf every year, one female rabbit can give birth to 16 bunnies in a year, and a male rabbit can impregnate two female rabbits every day.

Even if Szmolinsky doesn't ship any more rabbits to North Korea, if North Koreans breed the animals correctly, the 12 they already have could multiply to more than 1 million in just eight years.

From ABC to FOX:

"Kim Jong-Il Suspected of Eating Giant Rabbits Sent to Feed Starving North Koreans"

www.foxnews.com...

Karl Szmolinsky sold the rabbits to Pyongyang so that they could be used to set up a breeding program to boost meat production in the Hermit Kingdom.

However, amid concerns that they have been eaten by the country’s leaders, Szmolinsky will not be sending any more.

The 68-year-old breeder had been due to travel to North Korea after Easter to provide advice on setting up a rabbit farm. A North Korean official rang him last week to say that the trip had been cancelled.

Could have fed millions but just one fat little dictator made quick use of them. Apparently.

Jude11

edit on 8-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Aren't they awesome? I saw some huge rabbits years ago when a friend of mine wanted to get a surprise gift for her husband who raised show rabbits. I was amazed! They are huge!

new topics

top topics

join