It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians saved out of Yemen with help of Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: bullcat

Because Canada has a very high Ukrainian population living here ?

In fact our country has the 3rd largest population of Ukrainians next to the Ukraine and Russia.

Sometimes it helps to actually understand what the hell it is your talking about before criticizing other posters on ATS.

Ukrainian law prevents Ukrainians holding Multiple / Duel nationalities.

If they are Canadian citizens, they are NO LONGER UKRAINIAN CITIZENS according to Ukrainian law.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The citizenship of Ukraine may be acquired in one of the following ways:[3]

being born within the territory of Ukraine with at least one parent a citizen of Ukraine.
being born abroad, having permanent residence in Ukraine, with at least one parent a citizen of Ukraine.
being adopted as a child by citizens of Ukraine.
having no other citizenship and at least one parent or grandparent Ukrainian by birth.
having no other citizenship, under certain conditions listed in the Statute on Citizenship.
being naturalized if without another citizenship, having resided in Ukraine for at least five years, being able to function in the Ukrainian language, and being knowledgeable of the Ukrainian Constitution.

Birth within the territory of Ukraine does not automatically confer citizenship."

" having no other citizenship and at least one parent or grandparent Ukrainian by birth."
" having no other citizenship, under certain conditions listed in the Statute on Citizenship.
"being naturalized if without another citizenship"

Emphases on "having no other citizenship".

edit on 8-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Are you the representative speaker for all the Ukrainians living in Canada ?

Or are you just speaking to hear your own fingers banging away on your keyboard ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Are you the representative speaker for all the Ukrainians living in Canada ?

Or are you just speaking to hear your own fingers banging away on your keyboard ?

I am just referencing the Ukraine stance on dual citizenship, its not allowed. You can argue with the law in Ukraine all you want. Fact is, if they hold another citizenship outside of Ukraine, they are no longer Ukrainians according to UKRAINE.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Uh huh...

And what does citizenship have anything to do with heritage pride... particularly when they have many family members still living the Ukraine ?

But here's an even better question for you:

What the hell does the Ukraine have anything to do with Yemen ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Uh huh...

And what does citizenship have anything to do with heritage pride... particularly when they have many family members still living the Ukraine ?

But here's an even better question for you:

What the hell does the Ukraine have anything to do with Yemen ?

You referred to them as Ukranians, according to Ukraine, that is no longer the case.

I am just correcting your error.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Again, what does the Ukraine have anything to do with Yemen ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Again, what does the Ukraine have anything to do with Yemen ?

Because on page one of this topic, it was brought up, you even brought it up yourself.

Therefore it became a legitimate discussion point.

edit on 8-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Thats freaking awesome. Good on Russia for this.

Nice.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No, no I did not.

I corrected your criticizing another poster based on your own false premise. And then questioned why you are choosing to continue to discuss a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

See how that works ?

Your welcome.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No, no I did not.

I corrected your criticizing another poster based on your own false premise. And then questioned why you are choosing to continue to discuss a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

See how that works ?

Your welcome.

The same reason you keep replying.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Apparently you were so busy with Putin bashing the whole time, you have actually missed out on what went on the Ukraine, so I will give you a summery in order...

- There was a US coup in the Ukraine

- Eight buses with Crimeans got stopped by Ukrainian nationalists and the passengers got brutally beaten

- Russia not able to afford losing it`s Crimean naval base sprung into action

- Right Sector made a massacre in Odessa

- Eastern Ukrainians, fearing what would happen to them with ethnic Russian hating nationalists, started to defend themselves

- The nationalists (Ukrainian government) started to attack the Eastern Ukrainians while Russia urged them to go talk to another first

- When the war got very quickly bad for the Ukrainians, something which went completely unnoticed by Westerns because our media did nothing else as trumpeting the so called "Glories Victories" of the Ukrainian army, the Ukrainian army could do nothing more as senseless shelling of the two big cities Luhansk and Donetsk.

And because this went on for some considerable time (late June/early July it was going already terribly bad for ATO), Putin had a closed meeting half way August with Poroshenko, almost immediately followed by the crumbling of the Ukrainian army late August/early September. It`s pretty safe to assume, that Russia then send in some battalions after Poroshenko refused to stop with crimes against humanity to make the fighting stop.

- Minsk 1 followed because the Ukrainian army got defeated

- Despite Minsk 1 supposedly was also a cease fire, the Ukrainian army went on with shelling of innocent civilians only a bit less intense most of the time

- When the shelling kept on persisting for months, and despite Poroshenko making false cease fire promises again in December, the Ukrainians went on the offensive again after the army got restocked. This lead to a counter offensive by the Separatist and again followed by a closed meeting between Poroshenko and Putin, and this was followed again by an almost immediately very rapidly collapse of the Ukrainian army for the second time.

So there`s nothing "baiting" about me pointing out to the hypocrisy of a poster when saving Canadians and Polish civilians by Russia from crazy people is to be cheered on, while saving the people of Crimea and Eastern Ukraine from crazy people is to be condemned...it`s nothing more as pure hypocrisy in trying to make it look like you`re objectively

edit on 8 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Apparently you were so busy with Putin bashing the whole time, you have actually missed out on what went on the Ukraine, so I will give you a summery in order...

And apparently you missed the title of this thread...

But you do enjoy this don't you?

Nothing in your post is related to anything being discussed in this thread...but now we see who derails threads when Russia is in the headline.

Very telling indeed, so enjoy your train ride and I leave you with this...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I just hate blatant hypocrisy !

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Miley and Gag Gag ? Does the word TRASH make you smile, it makes me smile everytime i hear it, in regards to trash.

Anyways, That shows the true Russian Spirit, they are being treated like crap by
Craps because they disagree with disgusting adjendas and other garbage i can't
talk about on this free democratic online forum full of adults who don't need nanny's to tell them
how to talk, react or think''ahem''. here here, cheers people helping each other
wow, who'd a thunk that would happen eh?
edit on 4/11/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I just hate blatant hypocrisy !

But have no problem using it anytime you possibly can.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I feel more on Russia side then US.

I actually can't stand the states, and how that country is operated.

Would love to see an alliance of Canada, Russia, China. The red armies together would make an outstanding alliance.

And get rid of Harper, he's an ass hat clown.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join