It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians saved out of Yemen with help of Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
2 planes reportedly brought 284 people to Moscow including Canadians and Polish citizens

Foreign Affairs spokesman John Babcock said on Saturday they are aware that Canadians departed from Yemen safely

www.cbc.ca...

I sometimes wonder if Russia could be a great friend to the west and even Washington but then I wake to reality, they would have to bend over to Washinton powers that be and accept destruction of their food, sky, culture, religion, morality. They would have to worship Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus
edit on 8-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Poland thanks Russia, China for help in Yemen evacuation

www.thenews.pl...

I don't suppose Steven Harper of Canada will send a secret thank you note

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Your gonna get blasted for this. The Russian haters will never except that Russia did anything good for anyone.
second line

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out.

Is it by happenstance that you failed to mention India, The US, China and Sudan are also participating in a evacuation of foreign nationals? (those are just off the top of my head.)

You wouldn't happen to have some agenda that promotes Russia and smears the US in every OP are you ?
edit on 8-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

How come Canadian government which likes to play NATO soldier at the call of Washington, can't spare a plane for Canadians in trouble

And what are you insinuating about? Are your making some kind of accusation ? You better have proof. Otherwise I will report you to moderators.
edit on 8-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

We are thankful to Russia and [Russian President Vladimir] Putin for organizing the evacuation. Russia was the only country to offer the evacuation, no one else has done that.”

No propaganda there . Until you read this .

After evacuating about 4,000 Indians and 235 nationals from 26 foreign countries, India on Tuesday decided to end the air evacuation operation on Wednesday. About 700 more Indians, including 600 from Sanaa, were rescued in three air sorties on Tuesday.

India’s rescue efforts in Yemen, codenamed Operation Raahat, haven’t gone unnoticed. According to reports on April 6, 23 countries have requested Indian assistance in evacuating their citizens from Yemen. According to a tweet by Syed Akbaruddin, spokesperson for India’s Ministry of External Affairs, the list of countries comprises Bangladesh, Cuba, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, Iraq, Indonesia, Ireland, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Romania, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Sweden, Turkey, the United States, and Yemen.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

How come Canadian government which likes to play NATO soldier at the call of Washington, can't spare a plane for Canadians in trouble

That is like saying why didnt Australia rescue people in Russia . People closest help first .

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Canada and Russia used to get along really good, before this Ukraine issue. It would make sense that our people still help each other in times of need.
I would like to think that one day things will be back to normal...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

They would have to worship Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus

LOOOL...funny but true. Also...round the clock Kardashians.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Good on Russia for helping Polish and Canadian citizens flee the worsening crisis in Yemen.

Were you expecting me to say something anti-Russian here? Sorry.

I may not agree with what they're doing in Ukraine, but I'll be the first to praise them when they do good. And in this instance, they did. Go Russia!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

So I may assume, protecting the Eastern Ukrainian civilians from crazy nationalists is not to your liking, because they are just ethnic Russians ?

And by so Polish and Canadian citizens are in your eyes superior to ethnic Russians ?

You do know that the ones who are now charge in the Ukraine want to get rid of the ethnic-Russians in the Ukraine ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

So I may assume, protecting the Eastern Ukrainian civilians from crazy nationalists is not to your liking, because they are just ethnic Russians ?

And by so Polish and Canadian citizens are in your eyes superior to ethnic Russians ?

You do know that the ones who are now charge in the Ukraine want to get rid of the ethnic-Russians in the Ukraine ?
Sorry, you're not going to bait me into another one of your pointless arguments on Ukraine. Not only is it off-topic for this thread, but I have neither the desire nor inclination to explain myself to you. I am glad Russia did the right thing here. End of story.

Have a great day!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I`m not baiting you into anything.

It`s not a secret the forces who are now in charge the Ukraine want(ed) to get rid of Eastern Ukrainians and Crimeans (ethnic Russians) and Russia has helped out to prevent that.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I hate to be the one who breaks the bad news to you OP but Russia is exactly the same as the west. They lie,cheat,steal,oppress,discriminate against the citizens until liberty is only a myth.

Russia = US.........Both are run by oligarchies that are paid for by military industrial complexes.
edit on 8-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So what again does this have to do with Russia helping evacuate people from Yemen?

You seem to be a bit confused here, as Russia is helping people escape the fighting whereas in Eastern Ukraine they are the big reason people are wanting to be evacuated from that region.

The fifth Russian plane carrying refugees from war-torn Yemen landed in Moscow carrying 150 people from 12 countries. The evacuees described the horrors of constant bombing and praised Russia for organizing the airlift.

Citizens of Russia, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, France, Germany, Yemen, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Iraq were onboard.

rt.com...

How did you miss this on one of your favorite news outlet.

And yes your trying to bait someone onto your your derail train, so it seems your on your own.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

You're missing the point. His paycheck comes from Russia.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

They would have to worship Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus

To add some numbers I just checked how popular is Lady Gaga today on Russian radio.
One song was above 22000 iterations from various radio stations.
www.moskva.fm...

It is by no way scientific research, but Madonna best song scored bit lower
www.moskva.fm...

Who is Miley Cyrus I didn't knew, but anyway here are the numbers
www.moskva.fm... , So Miley Cyrus is relatively low at about 6k iterations

But Lady Gaga is already very trendy, I was surprised myself that she scored close to Madonna.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Canada and Russia used to get along really good, before this Ukraine issue. It would make sense that our people still help each other in times of need.
I would like to think that one day things will be back to normal...

Canada is neighbours with Ukraine, how?

How is Ukraine affecting Canada?

Canada is on the other side of the world, should do the same thing America should, STAY AT HOME and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

edit on 8-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And in ten years or so time Ben Affleck will make a blockbuster movie about it......only the Americans will single-handedly carry out the operation and successfully rescue everyone from the jaws of death.
No doubt a Russian and a Brit will be cast as the evil villains or bungling fools.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Because Canada has a very high Ukrainian population living here ?

In fact our country has the 3rd largest population of Ukrainians next to the Ukraine and Russia.

Sometimes it helps to actually understand what the hell it is your talking about before criticizing other posters on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join