Mike Ruppert slams Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I knew there was always something not right about Alex Jones. In fact, I trust Mike Ruppert more than Alex Jones. Here's why:

THE SHAME OF ALEX JONES AND JOHN HANKEY

There were many hysterical, unfounded internet rumors and wild stories circulated in the days following Gary's death. Unfortunately, almost all of them reached his family; the human beings you see in these pictures. I was even accused of participating in Gary's murder because I wrote that I had as yet seen "no reason" (i.e. evidence) to suspect murder and I, like many others had known pieces of Gary's state of mind in the months and years prior to his death.

None of these outrages inflicted upon Webb's family surpass those of radio demagogue Alex Jones and internet activist John Hankey.

The internet is an indispensable tool which brings us the BBC, major publications, university research, data bases, instant communication, and authentic investigative journalism. It also brings us a host of so-called journalists - angry, selfish children playing with the loaded weapons of powerful words who contaminate this medium with garbage. Because the internet must always - like free speech itself - be free from censorship (for as long as we can keep it that way) we will have to endure the work of people who have no conscience, no ethics and little or no skill.

But the marketplace of ideas does work on the internet and I am going to put it use right now.

On December 14th, Alex Jones, publishing on his web site prisonplanet.com released an article titled

UPDATE: CORONER's INITIAL FINDING: GARY WEBB's DEATH CONFIRMED AS SUICIDE / NEW EVIDENCE BEGINS TO INDICATE GARY WEBB WAS MURDERED MOST LIKELY CIA OPERATIVES HE WAS GETTING READY TO EXPOSE AGAIN / WEBB SPOKE OF DEATH THREATS AND SEEING 'GOVERNMENT PEOPLE' LURKING AROUND HIS HOME / WAS HE ANOTHER DANNY CASOLERO?! - by Alex Jones & Paul Joseph Watson.

Full Story

Also, let me add that awhile back, a Texas National Guard came on Alex's show and said Martial Law will start the day after the elections. Well guess what Alex? You're an idiot for believing that. The guy flat out lied to you. I live in Texas and I see no signs of Martial Law. I'll stick with www.fromthewilderness.com... thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I've always maintained that Alex Jones has been a few apples short of a fruit basket but those who like him will endlessly defend him.

"He's a good man, he's been on the mark sometimes"

Jones is an extreme version of Matt Drudge, whipping people into a frenzy with biased propaganda.

JFK

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Another thing about Alex Jones.. Supposly all of his photos of "Concentration Camps" are just training factilies for the SAS and such units as that, you can actually get photos like them from a google search... So you decide for yourself.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFK
Another thing about Alex Jones.. Supposly all of his photos of "Concentration Camps" are just training factilies for the SAS and such units as that, you can actually get photos like them from a google search... So you decide for yourself.

So there are no concentration camps here in America?

I'd love to believe that, but as corrupt as this government is, I wouldn't be surprised if there were.

Has anyone heard of Pam Schuffert? Her site's pretty scary and I wonder if there's any truth to it. americanholocaust.homestead.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Yeah, hence the word sometimes. Meaning he's not always right. Like I said, Mike Ruppert has been more accurate than he has.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Originally posted by Nerdling

Yeah, hence the word sometimes. Meaning he's not always right. Like I said, Mike Ruppert has been more accurate than he has.

Ruppert lost me when he went with this Club of Rome, limits to growth, peak oil scam. The facts do not support his statistics, but it is very convenient to an oil market that is a cartel such as diamonds are a cartel. It requires concerted theories such as this to support the pricing rip offs. The fact of oil shortfalls projected is a matter of reduced reinvestment in ongoing capacity, the phony war syndrome, and other politics. It is not due to shortfalls in actual reserve capacity, even in less productive wells that renew their output with proper drill bits, the butterfly bit for example.

Now when Ruppert talks about Gary Webb and puts his papal imprimatur upon the suicide story, who would not be skeptical? The atmosphere indicates anything but suicide, we are talking about a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who was blackballed by doing the job that others shun, investigative stories. He was starting to ask the right kinds of questions, at least from the station of the very reasons why we have a first amendment, to track, trace, and expose government corruption. There are many well documented sources in an Alex Jones story. Granted his editorial opinion is outrage, hence the moniker "demogogue," appears. Yet while the mainstream media simply puts their approval upon outrageous stories that "mercury is good for you, it is nutritious," despite years of science to the contrary, Alex goes into a rant. Why does he need to rant? Because people are sheep, yuppies who think they are "safe," and do not want to rock a boat that is already sunk.

No Ruppert is with the go to sleep crowd, more than he is with the wake up crowd. Alex Jones is fully open to these stories that have no editorial opinion, or that have approval for things that we should consider an outrage, and unacceptable for a free people.

Sorry to disappoint you, but read Ruppert and look at his editorial opinion. It is sad, but the powers that be, must have got to him. So if you like what he has to say, just go watch Bill O'Reilley because his editorial position is almost identical, at least for some things, although the content of the stories from one to the other is different. Fox deals with superficial stories, Ruppert deals with deeper things. But editorially there is there is a trend to agreement with what requires deeper investigation.

No Ruppert lost me for many things he has to say, although he is still an interesting data source for content. Tread wisely, and you may come to the same conclusions.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Who to trust.. Alex Jones or Mike Ruppert? Ruppert any day. Let's see.. with regard to Gary Webb, Ruppert knew him and knows his family. Jones does not. Jones' sources are shaky on this, too. Ruppert's are solid.

It's easy to jump to conclusions here. My first thoughts , too, were "was he murdered?" AFterall, he did really rock tha CIA boat. Rather than running away with speculation, tho, I decided to sit back and wait for the facts to shake out. Who knows what Webb was really going through. After what the mainstream media machine did to his career (FOR TELLING THE TRUTH), him killing himself is not unthinkable. People do it every day.

With Jones you have paranoid speculation and hearsay - which, by the way, only DISCREDITS him and his whole operation (which is a part of the 9-11 truth movement). With Ruppert you have verified sources and facts in this matter. Maybe Jones truly believes Webb was murdered. Or maybe he's just hungry for ratings.

I'll stick with Ruppert.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here is an article from Alex about Ruppert, the other side if you will.

Alex Jones' Rebuttal To Allegations Made By Michael Ruppert Concerning Gary Webb's Death

An article written by Michael Ruppert concerning the funeral of Gary Webb contained a number of allegations directed towards Alex Jones. Here is our response to those allegations

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
he said, he said, he said..

The bottom line is, if you survey the work of both men, Jones' stuff just doesn't hold up as well as Ruppert's. Jones is very alarmist. There's a good reason for this. He needs ratings. And I'm not sayin' he's always full of s**t, his stuff just isn't as credible.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All this does is taint the work both these men do in trying to inform the masses of the government’s corruption, I my self think they both do great work but always taken with a grain or two of salt.

[edit on 22/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I read Jones' stuff, but take it with a big grain of salt. As far as Ruppert is concerned, I have great respect for his body of work. It's some of the most dead-on, exhaustively researched stuff out there. As far as the 9-11 truth movement goes, he's one of the best. But that's just my opinion.

I'd ask why the powers that be don't just off Ruppert? But then again, this crowd probably ignores him as a tactic. To make him look tin-foil hat.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not that familiar with Mike Ruppert, but I've been reading Alex Jones' stuff for years, and I consider him either a liar or one of the biggest fools ever to come down th pike (probably the former).

His expertise lies in identifying his demographic of paranoiacs and conspiracy-people and giving them exactly what they want to hear.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Go to Ruppert's site and check it out. Excellent info.

www.copvcia.com

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Go to Ruppert's site and check it out. Excellent info.

www.copvcia.com

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Not only that, you need to read his book. Crossing the Rubicon He has over 1000 sources documented to back up his claims.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Darn, I thought this was going to be some sort of 'sexual slam'.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I find Jones, and Ruppert interesting, and am glad both of them have such large growing audiences.

I find myself more wary of Ruppert though, his willingness to threaten lawsuits and his peak oil grandstanding is sad to see. It should seem obvious to treat the financial and oil empires prophets of doom (Colin Campbell) with allot of skepticism (such as Ruppert has not).

When China has just announced a possible 20.5 billion ton find (140 billion barrels) on its coast it messes with the whole club of Rome peak scam. When Mexico doubles it's possible reserves to 112 billion this year.. I expect the peak oil 'die off' to be postponed for awhile.

That's why I prefer Dave McGowan, although anyone looking into this web of lies and deceit is more than likely going to fall for a con now and again, mixed with their outsider status for trying to expose corruption. It's really in the end a matter for the reader to decide what to believe and where they stand.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Im not going to take sides in this. I have respect for the work of both men. I will still continue to delve into the wealth of information they provide.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
As people/followers/colleagues, we tend to feel the need to 'take sides' in these types of issues. In doing this, we often wind up diverting our attentions from the real issues at hand.

The real issue is that both of these men, Alex Jones and Mike Ruppert, are truly doing remarkable things for the public good.

Mike Ruppert's book "Crossing the Rubicon:The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil" has become a mainstream success. Documenting so many CURRENT government lies, and getting it out to thousands, if not millions, of Americans is quite a feat. It can also be seen as a stinging right hook to the face of the powers that be, delivered by the truthseekers in our midst.

Whether you like Alex Jones' personality or not, it doesn't matter. Jones, himself, will admit and has on-air, that he is not about being nice to everyone and winning personality contests. Sure, he comes across as a gruff Texan sometimes, but that's what he is. I'll gladly take that over some multi-millionaire talk show host who serves up disinformation [fill in your choice].

I believe Alex Jones has proven himself to be the genuine article. He is not always correct, and he admits to it. Who is always correct? The guy does hours and hours of radio shows every week, writes news updates, hosts a cable television show and works on documentaries. With this kind of workload, it is amazing he can be so on-target with the number of topics that he covers.

How Jones finds time for a family life is anyones guess? We should be commending the man. He's sacrificing alot to wake up Americans. If that is not public service at its best, then I have no idea what the concept is any longer.

I personally hope Alex Jones makes a nice living, and is rewarded for the blood he puts into his work. You can see that it wears on him sometimes. Kind of helps remind you that he's a real guy, and not some media prima donna.

I hope the current bickering between the parties involved ends soon. It serves no good purpose in the big picture. In fact, it is a detractor to the noble work done by both of these men.

-Justin Gimse

Nice Sites:

www.infowars.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.fromthewilderness.com...
www.propagandamatrix.com...
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
sorry to break it to ya eastcoastkid, but ruppert is a shill, another poster summed it up quite nicely.

"I find myself more wary of Ruppert though, his willingness to threaten lawsuits and his peak oil grandstanding is sad to see. It should seem obvious to treat the financial and oil empires prophets of doom (Colin Campbell) with allot of skepticism (such as Ruppert has not)."

peak oil = lie = red flag

ruppert threatening lawsuits left and right = red flag

ruppert lashing out against other truth seekers = red flag

didn't ruppert say cheney was the grand architect behind 911? = major red flag

many of those claiming to oppose the nwo are controlled by the nwo. o what a tangled web they weave.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by M0bXSiNN]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by M0bXSiNN
ruppert threatening lawsuits left and right = red flag

Threatening lawsuits? What are you talking about?

ruppert lashing out against other truth seekers = red flag

And who might those other truth seekers be?

didn't ruppert say cheney was the grand architect behind 911? = major red flag

Okay, so he accuses Cheney. So what? Why is that a red flag?

many of those claiming to oppose the nwo are controlled by the nwo.

Really? Where's your proof that you're right?

[edit on 10-1-2005 by mrmulder]

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant