It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US aerospace command moving comms gear back to Cold War bunker!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The US military command that scans North America's skies for enemy missiles and aircraft plans to move its communications gear to a Cold War-era mountain bunker, officers said.

The shift to the Cheyenne Mountain base in Colorado is designed to safeguard the command's sensitive sensors and servers from a potential electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack, military officers said.

Admiral William Gortney, head of NORAD and Northern Command, said that:

"My primary concern was... are we going to have the space inside the mountain for everybody who wants to move in there, and I'm not at liberty to discuss who's moving in there," he said.

news.yahoo.com...

www.defenseone.com...

What do they know? What are they not telling us? I hope that it is nothing, but too much has been happening lately.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Lots of activity US and Russian in polar regions recently,they had the B52's out a few days ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Must be budget cutbacks .. cheaper to reopen an old facility than to build a new one ..

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

The weirdest part is the "I'm not going to tell you who wants to move in there"????!!!!!?.?

Wtf.

Does Obama wanna move there or something?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I wonder if there is any truth to the Russian EMP disabling the communication system of USS Donald Duck

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I don't blame them with that madman in Russia vowing nuclear annihilation every chance he gets.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Analog and short wave systems should be intact....never truly trusted digital.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yes! Bring on the DOOM!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Actually Undermountain is a very well designed emplacement for this type of thing. It is specifically designed to withstand a 20 megaton at a very close range. Also , it is so deep and reinforced not much could get to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Intel must have good info on Iran and North Korea.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Weee

Cold War is officially back, I wonder how it started, when we financed Ukranian coup or when we attacked Syria with "Syrian Rebels"

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I don't blame them with that madman in Russia vowing nuclear annihilation every chance he gets.

Putin talks while Washington Acts

Putin talks some more

While US undermines Russian security every chance it gets.

Putin talks some more

When he stops talking, you better duck and cover for all the good it will do.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ever since Putin erased O's red lines a couple of times in Syria, and thus avoiding another endless war , he became bad guy, till that time he hailed as Peacemaker.

Since Putin/Asad is not a push over, we got ISIL, Ukrainian Crisis, constant MSM war mongering.

edit on 8-4-2015 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2015 by VimanaExplorer because: Punctuation.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

We also have Moldavia, Georgia and the Ukraine but who's counting right?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Sigh...yes we have them.

“According to preliminary estimates, the fund for payments to depositors of the two largest insolvent banks, which employ temporary administration, ‘Nadra’ and ‘Delta Bank,’ requires $20.5 billion.” That’s money which must come from the Fund, and, ultimately from the loans that Western taxpayers, via USAID, IMF, EU, etc., will first pay to the principal and interest to Ukraine’s bondholders. Some if not all of the losses will then be dumped on those Western taxpayers, the general public — who can’t experience any of the gains, if any.

Source

Hence Russia has no interest in them at all.

Reports that during the Minsk-2 meeting Poroshenko offered Putin to take the Donbass were denied both by Moscow and Kiev. Nevertheless, the proposal is consistent with the logic of both the so-called government in Kiev and its US curators. Just as is Russia’s refusal to entertain such an option.

The information on Poroshenko’s proposal was published by Forbes in an article which revealed details of Putin’s meeting with prominent Russian business figures on March 19. At a closed meeting with the board of directors of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP), Putin allegedly discussed in detail various aspects of the Ukrainian crisis, from sanctions to Novorossia. According to Forbes, Putin said that at the Minsk-2 meeting Poroshenko proposed that Russia take Donbass:

“He told me flatly: take the Donbass. I answered: have you gone nuts? I don’t need the Donbass. If you don’t need it, announce its independence.”

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yet as recently as this month Putin has made threats.

Russia has threatened to use “nuclear force” to defend its annexation of Crimea and warned that the “same conditions” that prompted it to take military action in Ukraine exist in the three Baltic states, all members of Nato.

source

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

Weee

Cold War is officially back, I wonder how it started, when we financed Ukranian coup or when we attacked Syria with "Syrian Rebels"

This. Our own government restarted the cold war. Why? I dunno. Incredibly greedy and short sighted aholes who have a mountain to run to while they leave all the rest of us out to die.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Putin didn't make threats

Putin made sure the psychopathic murderous Elites of Washington understood that MAD is still in effect.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Deep cave, But!
they have all the wires and stuff up top.
so a EMP would still burn them out.
it would take a week to put new stuff in.

its good to survive the attack.
not ant electrical equipment from EMP.
only stored diconected equipment will be ok.

edit on 8-4-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join