It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here ever had MRSA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I am asking this question because I learned today that my run of the mill staph infection turned into the dreaded MRSA. MRSA is short for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. It means all of the antibiotics I have been taking since January haven't been working. I was switched today to Bactrim DS which seems to be the only antibiotic that is effective on this so called "super bug".

I have had gout since I was 21. I'm 46 now. It has turned into chronic Tophaceous gout.
I have been on every gout medicine since the beginning and I still have head banging attacks.
Tophi are Uric deposits that settle in joints that grow into gross nodules. Mine are on my elbow and about the size of tennis balls. The one on my right arm got infected and literally blew up (rather out). A few days later I woke up with a 103 fever and went to the ER. 45 minutes later I was in surgery.
The culture came back as Staphylococcus aureus, very common.
As the months went by I got better and then last week it got infected again and the culture came back as MRSA.

It is very contagious and I am being treated like I have leprosy. If I keep it wrapped, clean, and wash my hands A LOT everyone should be fine.
I forgot to mention that I have Lupus an autoimmune disease which compromises my immune system which makes it hard for my body to fight infections.
I've poked around the net for some information but I really want to hear some first hand accounts from people who have had MRSA and what they went through and how long it took to get rid of it.

ETA: Concerning gout, I have a theory about Uric acid, the culprit behind gout.
I think Uric acid is magical. It has the ability to open up a portal to the seventh level of hell, pull out a demon, which then latches on to the nerves around the area of the attack.
When a doctor asks me to rate my pain on a scale of 1-10, I always use a class 1 Dantesque gout attack as my 10.
Gout is what started this whole thing and I'm convinced I abused puppies in a past life.
Sorry for the length of the post, but for some reason it helped to write it down and am eager to hear from y'all.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I get staph sores all the time, and have since i was 14. I'm 40 now
been admitted to hospital twice with boils so big they had to be lanced under local anesthetic.

its a #ing # of a thing to live with, but its not cancer.

i have found there is *SNIP* all (even bactrin) that really works.

*sigh*

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Un specified Flegmon here.. gout too..
Red cherry juice helps. 7 back surgeries and you bound to get a Staph!

Have you started vancomyicin yet?

You'll know because of picc line in the right arm.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Fyi: your poop will get worse in smell.. runnier as well..
Good news huh!
It's the most resistant form of all things... but know people do live.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Big, does the cherry juice really help? I just can't get my Uric level below 6. Jeez, I can't believe I haven't tried some of the "natural" remedies yet. I would eat a turd if I thought it would stop the attacks.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It does to an extent.. a drug called culcries ( my spellings off I will look in my tabers) will really help. As it does for me.

Edit: Colcrys

Sometimes hurts to the point I get angry at neighbors with no doorbell... knocking really hurts.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Vancomyicin is a tough antibiotic.. warning.. may result in hearing loss and heart condition.

Methicillin the treatment of choice for MRSA.. my case was very strange and different.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Do you drink coffee OP? Coffee makes you pee and maybe it will help reduce the uric acid if you pee more. Maybe thistle will help to clear out the kidneys too, it does it by working on detoxing the liver and acting as a diuretic which then helps the rest of the body detox. Dandilions will do the same thing. One healthy young leaf shredded up and added to a salad can work wonders a couple of times a week. Dandelion is also a diuretic.

Uric acid is a nitrogen based acid. Ammonia in the body is broke down to Uric acid which is usually excreted in urine. Now moderating consumption of foods containing nitrogen compounds and niacin can help. Foods high in Benzoates can quickly process ammonia into uric acid too, if you can't pee it out then you got problems. Many foods contain Benzoates and Benzoic acid. Overconsumption of purines is also a problem. I studied that for a while.

So there are some things that lowering consumption of can help with the problem you have. The meds you take probably address the issue of what I am telling you by various methods. People do not make enough of an enzyme sometimes or they overload on hot foods or high nitrogen foods then they follow up with foods containing benzene products then don't pee out the byproduct right.

There are articles out there about gout diets, some address what I am talking about but they sometimes do not understand exactly how they work. The information in them does seem somewhat correct. Depending where the bottleneck is in your metabolism is where you should correct the diet. It is more about moderation than avoidance.
edit on 7-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes turds are in the mix for ( TX ) treatments of odd gut bugs... but I'm not doing it.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
It does to an extent.. a drug called culcries ( my spellings off I will look in my tabers) will really help. As it been ve does for me.

Edit: Colcrys

Sometimes hurts to the point I get angry at neighbors with no doorbell... knocking really hurts.

Colcrys is the brand name of the oldest gout medicine in the world; colchicine.
I have been taking one of those everyday along with allopurinol.
It was used in the days of the ROMAN EMPIRE. It has always been prescribed off-label because the FDA has never officially vetted it. So some drug company decides to go through the very expensive trials, tests and all that, and they get the patent for it.
So a drug that used to cost 50 cents a pill has gone up to about $8 a pill.
Major blow to gout sufferers.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yes it cost me a lot. But for me it works. Rickymouse mentioned a good point too..

Wow.. may I ask. Do you drink?
Or take lots of anti acids?

Particularly calcium based tums or rollaids.. you might be blocking uric progress.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've had MRSA before. I got it when I was 19 through a skateboarding accident. It wasn't actually the fall but the bruise/welt formed after the fall. The bruise turned in to a nice sized welt on my tailbone which turned out to be a Pilonidal Cyst that became infected after the fall and injury. I ended up getting infected with MRSA; I think it was because I went to the movie theaters the next day because I didn't know that was a Pilonidal cyst yet. I found out it was MRSA almost too late though. It was on Thanksgiving that I actually went to the doctors because I felt so sick, like was dying. When my doctor took a look at me and ran some tests she realized I had MRSA and gave me some thigh shots and sent me to the hospital to get an emergency surgery that night to remove the cyst. Since then I had it come back once and had to get surgery one last time. However, since that second and hopefully last surgery, it has not come back; it just swells a little sometime, but those go away within a couple days.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
Hello everyone. I am asking this question because I learned today that my run of the mill staph infection turned into the dreaded MRSA. MRSA is short for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. It means all of the antibiotics I have been taking since January haven't been working. I was switched today to Bactrim DS which seems to be the only antibiotic that is effective on this so called "super bug".

I have had gout since I was 21. I'm 46 now. It has turned into chronic Tophaceous gout.
I have been on every gout medicine since the beginning and I still have head banging attacks.
Tophi are Uric deposits that settle in joints that grow into gross nodules. Mine are on my elbow and about the size of tennis balls. The one on my right arm got infected and literally blew up (rather out). A few days later I woke up with a 103 fever and went to the ER. 45 minutes later I was in surgery.
The culture came back as Staphylococcus aureus, very common.
As the months went by I got better and then last week it got infected again and the culture came back as MRSA.

It is very contagious and I am being treated like I have leprosy. If I keep it wrapped, clean, and wash my hands A LOT everyone should be fine.
I forgot to mention that I have Lupus an autoimmune disease which compromises my immune system which makes it hard for my body to fight infections.
I've poked around the net for some information but I really want to hear some first hand accounts from people who have had MRSA and what they went through and how long it took to get rid of it.

ETA: Concerning gout, I have a theory about Uric acid, the culprit behind gout.
I think Uric acid is magical. It has the ability to open up a portal to the seventh level of hell, pull out a demon, which then latches on to the nerves around the area of the attack.
When a doctor asks me to rate my pain on a scale of 1-10, I always use a class 1 Dantesque gout attack as my 10.
Gout is what started this whole thing and I'm convinced I abused puppies in a past life.
Sorry for the length of the post, but for some reason it helped to write it down and am eager to hear from y'all.
no personal experience with either of your problems sorry, but google Manuka honey from nz, meant to be good for mrsa. Good luck. And take loads pro and prebiotics for all the antibiotics you are taking. Will do some natural remedies research for gout cos I like to do that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19212251] Yes, to the extreme I have been deemed medically interesting and completed 2 grand rounds at UCLA. I also went to Stanford. I've had 2 full open abdominal exploratory surgery to look for the source. They found a pocket of Staph Aureus just under the fascia on my upper belly and excised it. 5 days later UCLA IDS and RHEUMATOLOGIST put me on 60 mgs daily for 6 weeks. Infection went everywhere and I had a PIC LINE in my left arm for 2 full months dripping Invanz and Vancomycin with home health nurse coming twice a day. That's when I was diagnosed with a Carbapenum Resistant Infection...Invans is a Carbapenum. I had surgery to cut out the 2 cysts that cultured as MRSA. My eye cysts are MRSA.
I have finally gotten a firm double autoimmune disease,,,Sapho Syndrome.

I have bone fibroids in my blood cultures. My skeleton is disintegrating and extreme pain everyday. I have been on McCain now for 2 months and the inflammation in my joints has reduced, so this is a great sign.

You have my deepest sympathies in your health. I sincerely wish you find that middle point of stability without cure.
Good Luck!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
Of course you can ask. I have been sober for ten years. When I was boozing I practically had some low level gout pain somewhere every day. I didn't stop drinking because of the gout if you know what I mean.
And no, my stomach has been fine since I stopped drinking.
I should have named this a gout thread. LOL. I really would like to hear from some people who have had MRSA.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

never had MRSA,but, I had a similar experience, I bruised my elbow and got an infection , it was Cellulitis... yes tart cherries or tart cherry juice really helps with gout, my room mate gets it and his foot swells up bad and it is really painful,
it was a holiday and Sprouts was the only place open.

worked really well, took down the swelling and pain....it wasn't 100% cherry juice, there were a few flavors but each one a lot of tart cherry juice in it.....I think it would be worth a try

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Dude, you have MY deepest sympathy for your problems. Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself I come across someone worse off than me. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and hope you get even better soon. Will keep you in my prayers. (if thats ok with you)
I've had gout attacks where I'm actually crying. The worst part is there is no comfortable position.
If you break a bone or tear a tendon, you can find a position that is comfortable. No such thing in a class 1 attack. It hurts to bad to get dressed to go to the hospital. I know I'm bad off when I see a hacksaw in the corner and raise an eyebrow. The staph doesn't really hurt, I just feel like I have the flu. Fever every day, low grade.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

thanks again good luck unto you;

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
After Katrina, I was gutting a house and knelt down on a tiny piece of sheetrock that resulted in an MRSA infection. Since then I've had them pop up on my foot, both arms, and my forehead (that one was painful but cool because I looked like a Klingon for about 2 weeks).

There is no cure, but the standard treatment is numbing with local anesthetic, lancing, then packing with guaze, followed by a round of antibiotics (usually Bactrim). There is also a topical cream that people in your household can apply under their nose to keep from getting it, as it is supposedly airborne as well.

I dread getting them because they hurt like hell and leave a nasty dime-sized scar, but luckily I haven't had one in a few years now.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Elder berry juice kills all hospital infections
Braggs apple cider vinegar or at least one that has a mother in it helps gout and so many other things
if you can get some neem leaves and wrap these round the gout it will take about 2 weeks to remove the gout but your kidneys will still be screwed
start taking medical grade sodium bicarbonate as well as this works on your kidneys but do some research on your kidneys and what you are eating wrong.
take an infusion of organic parsley every other day for a week or so this will clean your blood and remove some of the pressure on your kidneys
whenever you take iodine sulphur or anything else always use distilled water it has to have an electrolyte in so use some organic sea salt always make sure the ingredients are on the packet else you are only going to be getting table salt.
also you need to take around 50mg of Iodine a day 7% one on www.altcancer.com... build up take one drop a day for a week then 2 drops but space them apart if you take the iodine for 3 months you then drop down to a normal dose of 12mg a day if someone tells you that you should only be taking a 150 mcg then basically they are trying to kill you as our body needs 12 mg
then get some boron picolinate you can preload with tyrosine to aid uptake although the picolinate uptakes this really well eggs are high in tyrosine but you need to keep the heat down poach them at 36 Celsius
some organic sulphur will clear your arteries out this will make your heart beat more efficiently (even better if you take sugar out of your diet as sugar makes your heart beat at the wrong rate )

and learn your lesson that pharmaceutical drugs don't work because you have heavy metals in you

iodine sulphur and boron have been taken out of our diets this is one of the main reasons there is so much disease now

also a high starch diet would benefit you

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
One in three of us are carriers of mrsa.
It is all over the place and only recently been given the attention it deserves.
Back in the day people still got infected but it was just put down to bugs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join