It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bust Of Edward Snowden Promptly Covered, Removed By Authorities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

we are not allowed to criticize Snowden, Putin, Obama, RT.

And just who is stopping you? I see people on here do it all the time.If you are letting other people's opinions prevent you,well,I don't know what to tell you. This is a forum,and people do come in these to agree or disagree with each other. I have never seen anyone stopped from telling their side. We do have quite a few pro USAers here.I'm sure they would back you.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Eventually there will be revolution in US

No other way, government has gone too far long time ago

Really.....Look around 99% of the people are so far removed they have no idea what liberty actually means or who Snowden is.

The only way we would have an uprising is if the cost of food gets to high or entertainment stops. When people have something to lose they never revolt. I do see some troubling things ahead in the economic front as lower wage earners are having huge issues making a living. This could lead to what I listed above. They will not be able to afford food and housing in the near future.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To put a little reality in all the Snowden drooling....

Edward Snowden is a traitor who deserves nothing more than at least life in solitary confinement, but hopefully he will get the death sentence if the little weasel ever returns to the US.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

A traitor to the American Government or to the American People?

Is he a traitor because of "National Security", or because of his actions pertaining to the agency he worked for?

There is this thing called the Whistleblower Protection Act, and the NSA was doing things that go against the Constitution and taxpaying citizens' privacy rights...
edit on 8-4-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A traitor to the American people.

Anytime you willfully disclose information that gives the enemies of the United States an advantage, that my friend makes you a traitor plain and simple.

Look past the NSA spying on Americans...we all get that..... ask yourself what else did Snowwy Boy disclose that had nothing to do with spying on Americans? He released much much more than what has been reported.

He gave the Russians and Chinese tons of information they can use to bypass US Defenses in the event of a war. That makes him a traitor plain and simple.

The US has to spend billions of my taxpayer money to mitigate everything he has done.

Tons of federal workers who possess a clearance now have to jump through a different set of hoops because the hoops get changed every time some idiot does this.

Edward Snowden is no hero, and any American who thinks he is, has a poor set of moral values and love for their country.

If you for one minute think that Russia and China and Britain and France etc don't each have their own mini-version of the NSA, then you are just living in a fairy tale world.

Go ahead and proclaim Snowwy Boy a hero....most people see him for exactly what he is.... a little weasel.

edit on R272015-04-08T13:27:42-05:00k274Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R292015-04-08T13:29:04-05:00k294Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: Maluhia

Would it be acceptable if they had done this at another war memorial of more recent importance? How about the Vietnam Veterans Wall, should they had added his name to it & planted the bust atop it? Or is the Revolutionary War far enough back in history that it's an acceptable medium?

^^^Can anyone set aside arguing Snowden's merits/faults long enough to actually answer this? I'm not talking to myself here, this is a serious question. At what point is the line drawn for altering/defacing memorials?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Maluhia

Would it be acceptable if they had done this at another war memorial of more recent importance? How about the Vietnam Veterans Wall, should they had added his name to it & planted the bust atop it? Or is the Revolutionary War far enough back in history that it's an acceptable medium?

^^^Can anyone set aside arguing Snowden's merits/faults long enough to actually answer this? I'm not talking to myself here, this is a serious question. At what point is the line drawn for altering/defacing memorials?

Some of us think Snowden is on par with other patriots like George Washington, That begs the question that follows and answers your own. If George Washington had never had a statue or monument erected would it be okay to deface another monument to commerate George Washington, arguably the best or second best president of all time?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: TinfoilTP

we are not allowed to criticize Snowden, Putin, Obama, RT.

And just who is stopping you? I see people on here do it all the time.If you are letting other people's opinions prevent you,well,I don't know what to tell you. This is a forum,and people do come in these to agree or disagree with each other. I have never seen anyone stopped from telling their side. We do have quite a few pro USAers here.I'm sure they would back you.

The commie brigade rides their posse in at any foul mention of their names. Then the sympathizers rally to the cause. Followed by the snipers who pick off any stragglers. The whole effect is designed to leave one feeling outnumbered, derided, ridiculed and dejected but in fact it only effects popcorn sales and napkins for cleaning keyboards.
edit on 8-4-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
What information has Snowden revealed that we don't already know? I think Snowden just transferred information to Russia for Obama, and he made it looked like he was outing the US which got all of the tin foil hats yelling yay. Nothing to see here.

I heard there's much much more data that hasn't gotten out yet, and that he was using a satellite linkup to transmit data for 3 years before finally getting out of there. That's how much data was taken from the US intelligence community. If that's true there are still a lot of world changing bombshells that have yet to be revealed. Hopefully they don't wait long if they have a bunch of additional information. There could be reasons why it hasn't been released yet. Stuff about the black budget, secret space program, overclassification, high profile crimes etc.
Who knows what crimes against humanity have been buried in the millions of terabytes of data in Utah and other server farms.
edit on 4/8/2015 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

USA! USA! USA! USA!
2nd.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
" they" tell us ...if you have nothing to hide why worry about who is looking. So what does hiding this statue tell us?

That selling your country out is considered treason.

Tell him to move in with Putin.
edit on 9-4-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
What information has Snowden revealed that we don't already know? I think Snowden just transferred information to Russia for Obama, and he made it looked like he was outing the US which got all of the tin foil hats yelling yay. Nothing to see here.

From a legal standpoint, there is a big difference in what you know and what you can prove. We all knew the NSA could do it, but you can't sue or force the government to change policy over a hunch. What Snowden provided were documents that prove what is going on. That is something tangible that can be used as evidence for change.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Actually, there is quite a lot which was revealed. While many had suspicions of what the government agencies were up to, no one knew the extent to which they were doing it. Nor did they know the techniques and programs involved.

As for Snowden handing information over to Russia, i don't believe that to be the case. He was never intending to stay in Russia, as the USA cancelled his passport en route to South America when he was in transit to a stopover in Moscow. He also handed the sensitive materials to journalists before boarding the flight.

Don't forget that he tried to avoid Moscow completely, but the US flexed some muscle and had his flights canceled which left him with few options that wouldn't be canceled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join