It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of a Yeti? Maybe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Full Article

Subject has always fascinated me...being a scientist and psychologist I've always wondered, is it possible the Yeti is truly what we as a sources evolved into if it wasn't for outside intervention? Unfortunately I must live by the facts however this may be a great step towards finding out...

Discovered in a remote region of the Republic of Abkhazia, a towering woman named Zana was captured by local hunters in the 1850s and sold to a nobleman who "tamed" her and kept her on his estate as a servant until her death in 1890, according to local accounts.

Zana's resemblance was described as that of a wild beast, "the most frightening feature of which was her expression, which was pure animal," wrote one Russian zoologist in 1996.

Now Professor Bryan Sykes at the University of Oxford says he believes Zana had a strain of West African DNA that belonged to a subspecies of modern humans.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

The predictive texting has mangled your OP, but the article is there and the source ...good.

Bigfeet and Yeti being a human branch wouldn't surprise me one iota... anyone looking into the literature (or talking to a decent witness... or seeing one oneself) knows something is up with tall, hairy men in the wilder regions of the globe.

Another step in the eternal quest for data!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

The predictive texting has mangled your OP, but the article is there and the source ...good.

Bigfeet and Yeti being a human branch wouldn't surprise me one iota... anyone looking into the literature (or talking to a decent witness... or seeing one oneself) knows something is up with tall, hairy men in the wilder regions of the globe.

Another step in the eternal quest for data!

Swype and I aren't the best of friends as you can imagine haha. I've gone over and corrected some but still. Think it's time for a new kernel, rom, flash and swype update. New version of Lollipop is available, may code it next.

Thing that always catches me at amiss is they always appear to come to the conclusion we share terrestrial ancestry. This creature is a subspecies of us...why can't we be a modified subspecies of it?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Stared & flagged cause this topic has always interested me too.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yeah, as far as us as a "tweaked" subspecies (I'll leave the choice of new phone apps to you!).

Tech in the skies that shouldn't be there... strangely mutated, too smart (relative to the rest of the world's life, that is) apes that sprang from seemingly nowhere, living in cities, eating already domesticated crops and critters... it isn't exactly supported by concrete evidence, but our origins as a mutation of one of a myriad of bipedal native apes seems pretty logical to me... even if it was a directed mutation from some space faring scientist.

But then I'm considered even more aberrant than the usual mutant ape... so who knows.

edit on 4/7/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Previous ATS thread.If you research the threads here, you will find that an anthropologist tracked down and found the grave of one of the offspring of Zana and a local man. The DNA was tested... completely human.

I will look later for the thread.
edit on bu302015-04-07T19:47:18-05:0007America/ChicagoTue, 07 Apr 2015 19:47:18 -05007u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

My problem with that is, most of us have some neanderthal and denisovan DNA in us, if Zana was a remnant of either of these species, is completely possible her child would genetically seem no different than any other human. Especially when having mated supposedly with humans.

Also as a potential remnant, is possible she wasn't full neanderthal or denisovan either, so she was potentially very human as well.
edit on 4/7/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If Zana was a remnant, then her child would be a lot different than a modern human, DNA-wise.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Possibly so, possibly not. If human DNA is largely more powerful than Neanderthal DNA, which seeing as we have so little in us is a very big possibility, than the recessiveness of that DNA would result in very little crossing over into that child. I mean if we bred with Neanderthal's and Denisovans, and their DNA was really strong, it wouldn't have died down to such a small amount in us as it has.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Possibly so, possibly not. If human DNA is largely more powerful than Neanderthal DNA, which seeing as we have so little in us is a very big possibility, than the recessiveness of that DNA would result in very little crossing over into that child. I mean if we bred with Neanderthal's and Denisovans, and their DNA was really strong, it wouldn't have died down to such a small amount in us as it has.

Going along with this...look at how close humans and chimps are related however we can't inter breed. Zana however could which would suggest an even closer relation. Throw in some human dna in addition to zanas...and you might possibly get something very similar to a human.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well I guess this answers the age-old question of "if bigfoot exists, would someone have sex with it?"

At least 4 guys thought it was a good idea.

She was probably just an abnormally tall and ugly woman.
edit on 4/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Agreed.
The DNA says a subsaharan African human.
How she got in that neck of the woods is the question.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just to clarify, I'm of the opinion Zana wasn't truly that special, mostly I'm pointing out the DNA evidence when it comes to our really really close relatives is not so cut and dry.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

at this point though, were Zana to have had HN or HD genetics, it would have been obvious as a result of their genomes being decoded over the past several years. Her entire DNA was scoured and what the end result was, was Sub-Saharan genetics similar to the Khoi-San people who are coincidentally, the only people on earth to have no Neanderthal or Denisovan DNA in them.

A leading British geneticist, who recently found the DNA key that could answer the mystery of the ‘Yeti’, has now solved the riddle of Russia’s own Bigfoot, ‘Zana’.

www.channel4.com...
edit on 7-4-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
sounds like a nephilim! or like those hairy mexican indigenous people or something. cool!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

In the 1980s a picture surfaced of her. I'll link you but I can't remember which side she was on the left or right?

source

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
sounds like a nephilim! or like those hairy mexican indigenous people or something. cool!

Or, you know....a human...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Totally ROFLMAO!!!

new topics

top topics

join