It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Charleston cop charged with murder after video surfaces of him shooting man in the back

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: bullcat
From all the videos of community policing in the US, I see two common traits

1) If you surrender, you get punched, beaten, kicked, tasered and then suffocated in a choke hold
2) if you run, you get shot, evidence planted and killed.

How do we win?

I NEVER EVER want to risk that by going on holiday to the US. EVER.

I also do my bit in bankrupting you lot by boycotting American made (not that there is much made there anyway) products.

Speaking as a Brit with an American wife and an ex-cop for a brother in law can I please ask you to not generalise. For every bad cop there are at least ten good ones. Their training leaves something to be desired in places, but they're not all violent trigger-happy bent coppers.

Then my question to you is , WHAT DO THESE non-bent non-trigger-happy coppers DO to stop this?

My guess is they just passively sit idle by and turn a blind eye.

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING. If there are TEN good cops as you state, for every ONE bad cop, that should be easy 10:1 good:bad. Why are the bad still there? WHat have the 10 good to 1 bad cops DONE to stop it? SWEET FECK ALL.

Those 10 have an OBLIGATION to do something, they don't, they are as guilty by their inaction, they claim to be police, they are not doing a very good job of it if they don't police their own peers.

edit on 10-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

That's what many of us have asked. They are in a line of work that is to enforce rules. You would think they're own place of work would be the first place to clean up. But this is rarely the case.

We've been given lost of reason as to why and each one of them just adds another department of another cop to the pile meaning it's more then a 10 to 1 break down. If cop one shoots someone in the back, cop two responds and find victim with bullet wounds only in the back. Does nothing or ask anything about it. This mean cop two is not doing his job. When an autopsy report is done and report is files and reviewed all people that handle the report are not doing their job as well. Suddenly it's no longer 10 to 1.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

1) If you surrender, you get punched, beaten, kicked, tasered and then suffocated in a choke hold

How do we win?

I also do my bit in bankrupting you lot by boycotting American made (not that there is much made there anyway) products.

Speaking as a Brit with an American wife and an ex-cop for a brother in law can I please ask you to not generalise. For every bad cop there are at least ten good ones. Their training leaves something to be desired in places, but they're not all violent trigger-happy bent coppers.

Then my question to you is , WHAT DO THESE non-bent non-trigger-happy coppers DO to stop this?

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING. If there are TEN good cops as you state, for every ONE bad cop, that should be easy 10:1 good:bad. Why are the bad still there? WHat have the 10 good to 1 bad cops DONE to stop it? SWEET FECK ALL.

Those 10 have an OBLIGATION to do something, they don't, they are as guilty by their inaction, they claim to be police, they are not doing a very good job of it if they don't police their own peers.

We saw exactly what they do in the video. The second cop watched the shooter plant the taser and did nothing about it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: DarthFazer

Yeah..we should eliminate the police force. Nothing good happening there....

I think we would be better off at this point. The police do not stop crime they show up after said crime occurs. I can live with someone stealing my lawn ornaments as i sleep as opposed to cops kicking down my door and killing me over something they do not agree with on the internet. Besides I have a CCW and carry so I am protected as every responsible gun owner should. We should police ourselves. We can make citizens arrest if need be. I outlined exactly why this is the case read it and read it again if you have to. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you debate these facts ?

Whilst i agree with you on a lot of things regarding this matter..i think you are harming your argument with this. We would most certainly NOT be better off with no cops. Ill take a few crooked/murderous/trigger happy cops ANY day over mob justice.

You wanna see paediatricians houses burnt down and the owner killed because the "mob" doesnt know the difference between that paediatrician and paedophile? (yes, it happened)...no thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Instead of race, lets go with WHO I am instead.

Hang on, lets confront this shall we?
Your attitude seems to be that some are deserving of execution for something as minor as "not obeying". This suggests that you have devalued Human life to a point where ending a life over something meaningless is justifiable.

Like it not, you have suggested that you believe some people are deserving of execution for minor infractions, we should explore whether you think this is about class, education, gender, or indeed race. I find it hard to believe you could make any assertion about his social standing, and I find it unlikely that this opinion is about him being male, the only thing left is race.

A sane person cannot devalue Human life to such a point without there being a reason behind it. I for one would love to work out what that reason is.

No...I never said that...I said the man was partially at fault for running, fighting, etc. and in my previous post I said the cop was going to jail and rightfully so.

So...everyone commenting to me...READ THE FING POST or learn English before you put words in my mouth. The cop made a very bad call, a man died who may not have if he hadn't run. The cop will be in jail for a long time and deserves that.

That is absolutely atrocious thinking.
edit on 10-4-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

How do we win?

With all due respect. Unless your brother in law was willing to turn against his colleagues if they did something wrong then he is just as bad as the bad cops. As Cenk says in that Real Turks video, if yo see your friend assaulting someone (doing it repeatedly) and you protect him and do nothing then you are guilty...

i would dearly love to see the cop who assisted Slager , who must have see him plant the tazer on the body, get fired. Lose his job. His benefits. Goodbye. You failed at being a decent policeman, go do something else.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

How do we win?

you're basing this on five or six selected incidents?
thousands of people interact with the police every day--questioned, arrested, booked--without incident. only those who resist or fight get treated as you mention. no one wants to post a video of a peaceful uneventful arrest.
go holiday in Mexico. I'm sure you'll love their policia!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Sure, it doesn't happen to everyone.

But it shouldn't happen to anyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

How do we win?

you're basing this on five or six selected incidents?
thousands of people interact with the police every day--questioned, arrested, booked--without incident. only those who resist or fight get treated as you mention. no one wants to post a video of a peaceful uneventful arrest.
go holiday in Mexico. I'm sure you'll love their policia!

This part is true. By and large the cops are professionals with a tough job to do. The reason why these things make national news is because they aren't all of the time.

That said, in this case, the shooting appears completely indefensible

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

That might be true, but its irrelevant

It is irrelevant now, but for anyone else in that situation in the future...it is pretty damn important. Isn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Instead of race, lets go with WHO I am instead.

Hang on, lets confront this shall we?
Your attitude seems to be that some are deserving of execution for something as minor as "not obeying". This suggests that you have devalued Human life to a point where ending a life over something meaningless is justifiable.

Like it not, you have suggested that you believe some people are deserving of execution for minor infractions, we should explore whether you think this is about class, education, gender, or indeed race. I find it hard to believe you could make any assertion about his social standing, and I find it unlikely that this opinion is about him being male, the only thing left is race.

A sane person cannot devalue Human life to such a point without there being a reason behind it. I for one would love to work out what that reason is.

No...I never said that...I said the man was partially at fault for running, fighting, etc. and in my previous post I said the cop was going to jail and rightfully so.

So...everyone commenting to me...READ THE FING POST or learn English before you put words in my mouth. The cop made a very bad call, a man died who may not have if he hadn't run. The cop will be in jail for a long time and deserves that.

That is absolutely atrocious thinking.

Well, then excuse me for thinking how the entire situation came to be instead of simply jumping on the hate wagon. But I would much rather learn and address a situation instead of just becoming a rioter or hate monger carrying a flaming torch. Maybe if more people would think instead of simply react like a mad dog, we could actually solve these things instead of yelling in an internet forum where your voice and anger means...NOTHING.

But that would require thinking and action.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Spending soooooo much time defending a murderer....

If I tore up a parking ticket in threw it on the ground, Should I get shot and murdered or reticketed?
If I mooned a police man from a football stand and ran should I be shot and murdered or arrested?
If I ran from police because I had just seen them beating someone, and they told me to stop should I be shot and murdered?
Have you a uniform hanging in your closet shiny and ready to come out when the fascit police state is achieved at last?

edit on 10-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Indigo5

You have the idea.
There is an us vs them mentality, not only in police departments, but in young black men... especially when they watch an incident like this play out on video.
That cop is at least unstable, if not a maniac. What he did wasn't a result of poor decision making skills. He committed murder.

Agree.

I do think MANDATORY Body camera's are part of the solution...I heard that stats even show they INCREASE the number of plea deals and DECREASE the number of police abuse claims. It makes it infinitely harder for a suspect to make stuff up about the encounter.

On the flip side, it makes it harder for the cops to get away with stuff. AND the technology is such right now where Cops have the option of TURNING OFF the body camera's...and they have done so...so that needs to be fixed with live streaming to a central server and no Off-Button...penalties financial or otherwise for when the camera becomes "Mysteriously obscured" or has "Technical difficulties" during an encounter.

Camera's will also help with public perception...there are already a few body camera vids where good cops were either shot or beaten badly by suspects while the cop was doing everything right.

Body Camera's for every cop and let the truth be seen and let things shake out from there IMO.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Body cameras are a great idea. Anyone that opposes them opposes the truth, IMO.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

OK...First off...Understand that I feel strongly the Police Officer in the OP is corrupt and a murderer...and that other COPs are similar...BUT not ALL and reality matters when considering such things..

"From all the videos of community policing in the US..."
Body Cam footage of a COP being perfectly rational, civil, even friendly...and He did not live.

Skip to the 3 minute mark if need be

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Here's another South Carolina officer who was arrested for murdering an unarmed black man.

www.addictinginfo.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

According to the articles, the cop shot the man while he was in his car in his own driveway. The shooting happened in 2014 but the officer is just getting charged for murder now. The police say there's a video but aren't releasing it because of the ongoing investigation. (I would've started a thread for it but apparently I can't start threads in this forum grrrr...)

They are trying to get out front of a Justice Department investigation IMO..."Hey Tom...I know we said we had you covered on that thing, but with all the news this week, the feds are likely on their way and we are going to have to take a closer look, sorry buddy"
edit on 10-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING.

Police departments have the "brotherhood" thing going similar to deployed soldiers.

Meaning when in combat...even if one of your platoon members has less of a moral structure than yourself and might be less strict with the rules of engagement etc....Your life still depends on that team member...they have your back.

Not defending the culture in Police Departments...but IMO that is why good cops tolerate bad cops, cuz the alternative has severe personal and professional risk associated with it.

The question should be how to change that dynamic.
edit on 10-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat
If there are 10 cops..1 or 2 is real good/solid 1or 2 is real bad and the rest filler..you may have no problems dealing with the filler if it's 1 on 1, in a group though it only takes 1 asshole to set something off then you have gang/riot mentality. Best thing to do is comply..although with some of the recent vids showing people surrendering and then having the piss beat out of them does not inspire faith that you will be treated properly.
In the end they are only as good as the lowest common denominator.

edit on 10-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Very true..it's like being in a gang..or criminal orginization, some members are sociopathic nightmares and other not so much but have to go along with what happens as a survival method.
I'm probably being a bit of a dick but in terms of people in an orginization it's not far off.
They do have a tough job.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Excellent observation sir.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join