It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. thinks Russians hacked the White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

)—Russian hackers behind the damaging cyber intrusion of the State Department in recent months used that perch to penetrate sensitive parts of the White House computer system, according to U.S. officials briefed on the investigation.

The FBI, Secret Service and U.S. intelligence agencies are all involved in investigating the breach, which they consider among the most sophisticated attacks ever launched against U.S. government systems. ​The intrusion was routed through computers around the world, as hackers often do to hide their tracks, but investigators found tell-tale codes and other markers that they believe point to hackers working for the Russian government. A spokesman for the National Security Council declined to comment. Neither the U.S. State Department or the Russian immediately embassy responded to a request for comment.

www.cnn.com...

Looks like more fuel for the fire!
edit on 7-4-2015 by NotMoose because: add info

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And how many places has the US "cyber command" hacked?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
And how many places has the US "cyber command" hacked?

Why don't you research that and make a tread about it, or you could just stay on topic.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Lol.. This is hilarious!

Which scenario Is more likely?

a. The WH has open ports with access to the internet on sensitive computer systems, that even a basic IT networking engineer can secure.

b. This is complete bs, manufactured by the WH in order to perpetuate the boogyman.
Anything to divert the people from talking about being robbed blind while increasing their power.

My money is on b.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Hillary??? What did you promise Russia???

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I think it was a WH April fools joke...

They leaked to the Russians the e-mails of Hillary were still at the WH.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
lol

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Lmao .. probably was bored kids ...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Lol.. This is hilarious!

a. The WH has open ports with access to the internet on sensitive computer systems, that even a basic IT networking engineer can secure.

b. This is complete bs, manufactured by the WH in order to perpetuate the boogyman.
Anything to divert the people from talking about being robbed blind while increasing their power.

My money is on b.

Everyone knows you don't keep sensitive info on a server that is linked to a network that is linked to the internet.

There is no such thing as an unhackable computer network.

They should have kept it on a server connected only to a local network.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Lol.. This is hilarious!

My money is on b.

Everyone knows you don't keep sensitive info on a server that is linked to a network that is linked to the internet.

There is no such thing as an unhackable computer network.

They should have kept it on a server connected only to a local network.

Everyone also knows that the days of port sniffing to exploit something are long gone. Just like the days of DISA being an easy way to exploit a PBX are long gone.

Sensitve doesn't mean classified so it is perfectly possible that someone got into a secured network and got sensitive info.

I can make it work in my head multiple different way as that what they are saying is true.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7 What's most surprising to me is that Obama has not died in a freak gas fight yet. One can dare to dream.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

While the White House has said the breach only ever affected an unclassified system, that description belies the seriousness of the intrusion. The hackers had access to sensitive information such as real-time non-public details of the president's schedule. While such information is not classified, it is still highly sensitive and prized by foreign intelligence agencies, U.S. officials say.

Hmmm...
www.nytimes.com...

The directive ordered the government to “identify potential targets of national importance” against which offensive cyberoperations “can offer a favorable balance of effectiveness and risk as compared with other instruments of national power.” That means, in essence, that the Pentagon’s Cyber Command and the intelligence agencies would maintain lists of targets around the world that could be damaged more effectively, and more covertly, by a computer attack than by a missile or bomber attack.

www.wired.com...

AFTER THE STUXNET digital weapon was discovered on machines in Iran in 2010, many security researchers warned that US adversaries would learn from this and other US attacks and develop similar techniques to target America and its allies.

A newly published document leaked by Edward Snowden indicates that the NSA feared the same thing and that Iran may already be doing exactly this. The NSA document from April 2013, published today by The Intercept, shows the US intelligence community is worried that Iran has learned from attacks like Stuxnet, Flame and Duqu—all of which were created by the same teams—in order to improve its own capabilities.

The document suggests that such attacks don’t just invite counterattacks but also school adversaries on new techniques and tools to use in their counterattacks, allowing them to increase the sophistication of these assaults. Iran, the document states, “has demonstrated a clear ability to learn from the capabilities and actions of others.”

The document, which was prepared for a meeting between the NSA director and the British spy agency Government Communications Headquarters, doesn’t mention the Stuxnet attack by name, but instead refers to “Western attacks against Iran’s nuclear sector.” Stuxnet targeted machines controlling centrifuges in Iran that were being used to enrich uranium for Iran’s program.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Could explain why Hilary Clinton wiped her hard drive filled with evidence of her crimes and dirty secrets.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

He will die or be humiliated/discredited when his corporate masters have no more use for him or he disobeys an order.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just because we are trying to bankrupt Russia and financially hurt all it's citizens doesn't mean they have the right to hack the White House.

I don't mind, as long as they don't mess around with me they can steal all of the white houses info. I don't think Capital hill has any information worth worrying about. Nobody believes a Politician anyway.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

map.ipviking.com...

see for yourself. the USA is the majority of the time the target from mostly China

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Where is Hefficide? He knows about stuff like this.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

THIS SAYS IT ALL DOESN'T IT

Washington is number one in hacking, did anyone hear about NSA I wonder.

edit on 8-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
Where is Hefficide? He knows about stuff like this.

Maybe he is busy reading about all the hacking and backdoors NSA has built world wide

Even if this allegation about Russian hackers is true, they are kids compared

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Though i think this is another US propaganda against Russia, i won't underestimate Russians programmers ( read Google founder etc..).
edit on 8-4-2015 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join