It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAWR! Stop blaming Sunnis & Shiites! It's Wahabis and their backers! (*Calms down) Let me explain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 0 x 0

Look at Rumi. He is higly respected by many of the Yogi sects...Sufism is highly regarded by those who respect self discipline and personal responsibility. Religion is for the rest, until they succumb to experience and wisdom.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Awesome thread OP

I knew the truth long ago but it is extremely difficult to cut through western propaganda that demonizes

You are a good man for at least trying

CIA and Mossad and Saudis have been abusing and manipulating Muslims in Middle East since the 1960s

And British even before that
edit on 8-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

Awesome thread OP

I knew the truth long ago but it is extremely difficult to cut through western propaganda that demonizes

You are a good man for at least trying

CIA and Mossad and Saudis have been abusing and manipulating Muslims in Middle East since the 1960s

And British even before that

Thanks. I just want to do my part in ending the cycle of lies, pain, war and death. I remember right after 9/11 because I was in college at the time. And people who'd known me for years suddenly were suspecting me of being a terrorist. Even one of my best friends, whose Mom was like a 2nd Mom to me, asked me if I was like al-Qaeda.

Another time, I was studying in the campus library w/a friend, & another of our classmates approached us. She told me that some of the students were getting together after class to talk about "the Muslim problem" at school. Apparently she didn't know I was a Muslim. I stayed quiet b/c I wanted to know what she was talking about. But once my friend mentioned I was a Muslim, the classmate ended the conversation & walked away.

I'm not saying any of this for sympathy, but just to get people to understand that real people are affected by this stuff. And even a little bit of knowledge can go a long way.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Just don't be disappointed but you won't really be able to change anything with one thread, nor the outcome God has already set

But it is good for your soul resume to still fight the good fight

I am Christian but I too call out evil when I see it, regardless where it comes from

In Ww3 about half the Muslims will be dead in Middle East

About 70% of Israelis

And about 60 percent of Christians worldwide

In that last war not only will good people die but ALL of the bad ones too, and we will finally unite under a single God

Surviving Jews will do lot of apologizing but the rest of us will forgive them because we will make the past past, and begin to rebuild

edit on 8-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I = 9 9 + 9 =18/ 1 +8 = 9
S = 19
I = 9 19 + 19 =38/3 + 8 =11
S = 19 ISIS = 9 11

Sorry OP thats a New world odour Satanist intelligence agency signature not an Islamic one.
edit on 8-4-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

It wont let me post this properly but the code for ISIS is 9-11
edit on 8-4-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: infolurker

I believe in Jihad and submission to Allah and protecting that by force...

So do 99% of Muslims...

Because that's what Jihad is.

"No compulsion in faith"...

You know what that means?

"Let them believe what they choose, believe what you choose"...

Know what that means?

The tax is payed by Muslims as well...
It's called Zakat (charity) and anyone in Muslims lands has to pay it...

You pay your taxes to your government yes?

Imagine a Muslims saying "I'm not paying it"...

You call them a welfare scumbag!

Wow...so can you please type your definition of Jihad so as not to be confused with wiki definitions.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

I would like to Add that I am Salafi and I am on par with most of what OP shared .

But I also wanted to make note that these Khuaraij make claims of being salafi but they are not .

Real quick Bio , Born raised Christian , studied religion , found Islam , studied Islam for years , became salafi , Because its based off of FACT and Evidence of scripture and not bid'ah ( innovation of scripture ) . One can say it's the purest form of Islam .

You see the salafi trace everything back to the Shahaba and Muhammad (pbuh) we follow Islam how they followed . If it's not able to be traced back then it's questionable (in rearguard to hadith etc ) because over the years like many other religions Islam has become Infected with Innovation of scripture and culture tradition . so as a salaf we want to practice the purest form of Islam .

one can compare it to Orthodox Christianity vs west burrow . of course salafi being orthodoxy lol .

So long story short ! True Islam does not have all these extremes you see on MSM and the internet . Much of that comes from Innovation and culture tradition and influence .

anyway hope this helps !

P.S Op I still go fishing , hangout with friends , live life ! do fun things ! you name it i do it ! being salafi means siticking to the Quran and Sunna !

Salam alikume Akhi thanks for the post

Nice post Kapusta, Salam.

& now that this has been stated, there is one more you missed OP...

Myself, I am a Quranist.
& do not follow Hadith...

Quite a minority, but I could back it up with scripture when I have the time to edit this post why I chose to be a Quranist.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Two types of Jihad, Mario...

The inner struggle.

Which consists of overcoming daily hardships in life with family & friends & of course spiritually.

The second is Jihad that has been media hijacked...

Basically self defensive reaction to persecution or declaration of War against Islam...

& even Jihad has rules to follow.

Do no dismember the dead, befoul the dead, abuse the dead...
Do not exceed what would have been done to you... (eg Do not behead someone who would have only stabbed you)
One ISIS forgot, do not burn people alive.

& most importantly, if persectution or aggressive action ceases, do not continue to fight, but forgive.
edit on 8-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So is there a written source, preferably muslim, that defines what consitutes this true Jihad...what you wrote...somehow seems to me like your own understanding of the term...and perhaps some of it is wishful thinking.

Back in school...we were told a simple definition...something like...holy war against the infidels. So...can you please point me to scolarly definition from a valid muslim source....i would appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

So is there a written source, preferably muslim, that defines what consitutes this true Jihad...what you wrote...somehow seems to me like your own understanding of the term...and perhaps some of it is wishful thinking.

Back in school...we were told a simple definition...something like...holy war against the infidels. So...can you please point me to scolarly definition from a valid muslim source....i would appreciate it.

Gonna sound like a fundamentalist cop out...
But my source is The Holy Quran, Mario buddy.

However, if that's too much scripture for you to wade through...
www.whyislam.org...

The above link has a decent breakdown.

Of course there are far too many verses to quote, but it is sprinkled all throughout the Book.

Holy war against infidels, is a pretty vague and misinterpret-able assessment ...

An infidel is someone who persecutes Muslims or fights against Islam (tries to quash it) & tries to stop Muslims believing what we do...
So in that sense it's a Holy War against infidels...

But it's deeper than that. (Cliche I know)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I wouldn´t put all this blaime about Jihad on western media or sources. There are more than 160 verses of Jihad in Quran and most of them are indeed violent. So if a believer in Islam faith sees those verses to be read as they are written ( isn´t that the way it should be read? ) so that every word of Muhammad is true and this gives him a reason to be violent against others and justify his action by the book. Violent towards those who is not in truce with Islam.
There is also this chanting involved in Islam, what is its purpose other than memorize exact verses as they are written ?

Of course the actions of these people who are violent get media attention just like every other crime does.

edit on 8-4-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Give me just one example and I'll show you why that is not the case.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Quran 4:89
They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I have no interest in ME wars, but if both superpowers would leave Syria alone things would calm down.. this is what i understand.

There was no Syria or Iraq before the British Empire and the French got their fingers into that part of the world. Those straight borders you see now of North Africa and the Middle East were drawn with a ruler by guess who?

None of this mess would have happened if the people weren't divided up.
Divide & conquer. There would be no Wahhabism or Zionism today without it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It's easy to take things out of context, use it to murder someone OR claim something/someone is violent.

The key lies in the context. Say for example, you told your child "If you eat that cookie, I'll eat you". Now, say your child told the school teacher that you said you would "eat your child". Sounds pretty frightening when taken out of context.

Verse 89 in Sura 4 was directed to the companions of the prophet from Allah/God against a disbelieving people who were hell-bent on destroying them.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

It's easy to take things out of context, use it to murder someone OR claim something/someone is violent.

The key lies in the context. Say for example, you told your child "If you eat that cookie, I'll eat you". Now, say your child told the school teacher that you said you would "eat your child". Sounds pretty frightening when taken out of context.

Verse 89 in Sura 4 was directed to the companions of the prophet from Allah/God against a disbelieving people who were hell-bent on destroying them.

So are you trying to tell me that all those fundamentalist muslims who shout "Allah Akbar" and "Jihad" when they go fighting and killing people are children?
What is the purpose of Verse 89 in Sura

Quran 4:91
You will find others who desire that they should be safe from you and secure from their own people; as often as they are sent back to the mischief they get thrown into it headlong; therefore if they do not withdraw from you, and (do not) offer you peace and restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them; and against these We have given you a clear authority.

Where does it say that there was this exact time in history when it was ment to be applied and no other time ?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

going through your link...

in the mean time...

An infidel is someone who persecutes Muslims or fights against Islam (tries to quash it) & tries to stop Muslims believing what we do...
So in that sense it's a Holy War against infidels...

a definition of a word infidel:

noun
Religion.
a person who does not accept a particular faith, especially Christianity.
(in Christian use) an unbeliever, especially a Muslim.
(in Muslim use) a person who does not accept the Islamic faith; kaffir.
a person who has no religious faith; unbeliever.
(loosely) a person who disbelieves or doubts a particular theory, belief, creed, etc.; skeptic.

Your definition of a word infidel is a bit different than what the dictionary says. You assign a much more heavier meaning to it...than the word itself means.

According to the dictionary...it is simply a person that does not believe or accept certain religion. Nowhere does it state:

An infidel is someone who persecutes Muslims

...not believing and persecuting believers is not the same. To me this appears, since it's all about interpretation and context, that you want that word to be more than it is...simply to validate the concept of Jihad as...somewhat benign and defensive....while if we go strictly by the definition of the word infidel...in language we are both using...Jihad would than be... war on non believers in Islam.

I am...by definition...an infidel...a non believer...whether from Christian or from Islamic point of view (I reject both).

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's just like people to blame everything on the boogeyman. It's like people are blind to what is going on in the mideast right now.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

In Quranic context and infidel is always named as a persecutor or fighter against Muslims...

Nothing else.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

In Quranic context and infidel is always named as a persecutor or fighter against Muslims...

Ok. So what's the word you would use for me in Quranic context...as I defined myself in the previous post ?

If I'm a non believer...and I criticize religions...or specifically...Islamic religion. What am I ?

from your link:

“…if any one slew a person – unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land – it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.” [Al-Qur’an 5:32]

What does it mean to spread mischief in Quranic context and would I be "spreading mischief" if I criticize your religion ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join