It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders wows Austin: Watch out Hillary, here comes Bernie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
At first I felt Bernie Sanders had a snowballs chance in hell of running for president of the US of A, but it he just keeps plugging along and is picking up supporters across the country.

Quote Sanders:

There is a world out there that the media doesn’t understand – they don’t leave their offices – where people are sick and tired of working longer hours for lower wages, not being able to send their kids to college, not being able to afford health care at the same time as the wealthiest people are doing unbelievably well, and people know, they may not be economists, but they know that there’s something wrong when the top tenth of one percent owning more than the bottom 90 percent, and when 99 percent of all new income is going into the hands of the one percent, which is currently the case. And that’s the message I take around the country and that is the message that I believe people are and will respond to. We need a government that represents all the people and not just the billionaire class, and that’s what I’ve spent my life fighting for and that’s what I’ll continue to fight for whether or not the Boston Globe likes it.

From Sanders:

Some of those people are working class people who want to be able to send their kids to college, who are as disgusted with Wall Street as I am, who understand that there is something wrong when both political parties are heavily dominated by big money, and I think what we will do, if I run, is to introduce members of the tea party to the people who founded the tea party, the Koch brothers, and to tell the tea party members what the agenda of the Koch brothers is, which is, end Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, and also to have unfettered free trade. I don’t believe that is what most tea party members support.

Which is not talked about – because the media never writes it. The media says, “the Koch brothers are going to spend an enormous amount of money.” But, what do they stand for? What do they want. What does the most powerful political organization in the country want? And they’re very clear: End Social Security. End Medicare. End Medicaid. End federal aid to education. Among other things. And give tax breaks to billionaires.

source

Sanders for president!

Honestly anyone other than Hillary interests me...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

What, are you trying to build the....."Bernie Bandwagon"

Couldn't help myself. It will be a much more interesting election if he's in it, or at least has a major say in the coming Democratic administration (be it Clinton's, Kerry's, or the "Al Franken decade").

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Like I said Honestly anyone other than Hillary interests me..

I remember Bill Clinton as a president that was owned by the corporations and I know Hillary is cut from the same cloth.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I don't buy into the notion that any candidate is all good or all bad. Having said that, I don't think a uber liberal, big government, big spender is going to have a chance. Not sure if we'll ever have any real choices. Turd Sandwich or Total D-Bag. Take you choice.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this is a capitalist nation, you don't win elections by pissing off billionaires. you must first get into office and convince those billionaires that something is good for them, at the same time it is good for the country as a whole.....much like charitable giving....people with a certain amount of income/wealth get a 35% deduction for charitable giving, while those at the lower levels get only a 25% deduction....this is suppose to "encourage" larger donations

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

The big difference is whether the candidate is owned by the corps or is representing the people...

...but just getting elected president is only half the problem!

For those that want real change, staying alive is the other half.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

To me, from the quotes you posted, he sounds like he is parroting the same old democratic party line drivel.

'I am for the people, the little guy, and Rep's are stupid and tea partiers are even more stupid. And oh yeah, EVIL Koch brothers.'

I didn't read anything in your OP that said what he was going to do, other than educate the poor ignorant opposition.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The bar is set so low for the US political system. Would love to have a beer with Bernie and talk about this game they are all playing.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't care for any of the potentials, but I will listen to what they have to say.

The moment any of them are in opposition of the big issues I am for I will write them off. Most of those issues deal with science.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing anyone would seriously consider Sanders, but I do hope he picks up enough supporters to battle Hillary and hopefully split the Dems into smouldering rubble. Get out the popocorn.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Rand Paul is the only candidate so far I would ever vote for.

And he is not his father.

A rand Paul Ron Paul ticket I would vote for all day.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

He scores points with me by openly criticizing one of the elite US families.

The establishment won't have anything to do with bernie sanders nor will it have anything to do with one of the pauls.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Talking about the common worker, transparency, the poor and those damned rich fat cats, equal representation...blah, blah, blah.

Are we so far in the future that we forget Obama's little speeches? Clinton? Bush....

Rinse and repeat because I see nothing different. How can anyone not see this? Must be the new American good 'ol buddy thing because anyone with a moniker like Bernie just has to be a great guy right?

Cut Obama and insert Bernie.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Science is important and should most certainly be a deciding factor in how we coexist with the rest of Earth's eco system, and what we leave behind for our future generations. But then science needs to be an open source rather than our current system in which results are heavily influenced by money and power rather than based on pure scientific facts.

Of course we know it would take a lot more than changing presidents to fix our corrupt political system, but hope is better than despairing, imho.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I see, you think an independent from Vermont is cut from the same cloth as Obama,

drinking a bit early are we?

Or just could not be bothered with reading the article?

Maybe you just felt the need to make a snippy reply?

Anyway thanks for adding to the conversation, without your insightful post I would have never made a connection between Bernie Sanders and Obama.

Oh wait I still don't, rolls eyes!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Would love to have a beer with Bernie and talk about this game they are all playing.

Every (or nearly every) Friday Bernie spends an hour with Thom Hartmann on the Thom Hartmann show that you can find in various places. They've been doing this for years and Bernie always talks about specifics and answers phone in questions.

He's not perfect, but he is damn good and smart.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
How did this thread make the front page already and the Rand Paul thread, with 3 less flags but many more responses is no where to be seen?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I would never vote for this guy for a variety of reasons, but the main one is that he is anti-second amendment and is rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record. There are other reasons that I might share later, but gun control is a deal-breaker for me and there are plenty of pro-second amendment candidates giving me better options.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
How did this thread make the front page already and the Rand Paul thread, with 3 less flags but many more responses is no where to be seen?

It's the mouse that roared.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: jude11

I see, you think an independent from Vermont is cut from the same cloth as Obama,

drinking a bit early are we?

Or just could not be bothered with reading the article?

Maybe you just felt the need to make a snippy reply?

Anyway thanks for adding to the conversation, without your insightful post I would have never made a connection between Bernie Sanders and Obama.

Oh wait I still don't, rolls eyes!

Connection? Never said there was. Please read again.

Similarities? Plenty.

If you honestly can't see the similarities of what Good 'ol Bernie is spewing and what Good 'ol Barry promised, I think I've made my point.

Thanks.

Jude11

top topics

<<   2 >>

join