It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels kill eight Iran soldiers on Pakistan border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Tehran (AFP) - Eight Iranian border guards have been killed in a clash with Sunni rebels who had infiltrated from neighbouring Pakistan, Iran's official IRNA news agency reported on Tuesday.

"Armed terrorists entered Iran from Pakistan and clashed with border guards, killing eight soldiers before fleeing back to Pakistan," Ali Asghar Mirshekari, deputy governor of Sistan-Baluchistan province, told the news agency.

The southeastern province has a large Sunni Muslim community and has seen repeated attacks by militants on the security forces of mainly Shiite Iran.

Sunni militant group Jaish-ul Adl (Army of Justice) said its fighters carried out the incursion in Negur district on Monday night, Iranian media reported.

The clash was the deadliest since October 2013 when 14 border guards were killed in an attack also claimed by Jaish-ul Adl.

Mirshekari urged Pakistani officials to "arrest the terrorists and hand them over to Iran to prevent Pakistan from becoming a parade ground for terrorists."

There have been repeated deadly clashes in the border area. Three Iranian soldiers were killed in an ambush in December and three more in an attack in the town of Saravan in October.
news.yahoo.com...

Ohho this don't looked too good an attack from Pakistan a nuclear power, full of Sunni rebels..what are the chances of Iran doing a cross border raid to go get em,what if those rebs start to make common cause with ISIS if they haven't done so already.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I've said it for months...

Latin Kings (Iran) is sitting with armed neighbours who are Crips (Pakistan) & Bloods (Zioreal)...

A gang banging neighbour from 2 streets away (USA) is telling Iran they cannot arm themselves despite their neighbours...

Wouldn't happen to any other nation on the Planet!

Now, even I'd be hesitant to allow the Ayatollah nuclear arms...

But that's like thinking the Pope holds Italy's nukes...
Military would have the final say... Always.

& Iran's military have been purely defensive for over 300 odd years.

With Pakistan & Israel both nuked up to the eyeballs is detriment to Middle Eastern peace imo...
I'd have sold them to Iran rather than let them build them.

With a stipulation that any usage outside of necessary defensive conflict they'll be shut down by a third party like Russia...

Win win all round imo.

Sad story, but Pakistan have also been at the brunt end of hegemony for a long while and imo can be expected to lash out now and then.

Soldiers have always been "viable targets"...
Ugh, that's equally deplorable a statement as "civillian casualties" when they mean innocent murder victims...

Sad.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is just a continuation of the Sunni/Shia conflict going on for several hundred years.
I don't pretend to know the details of the ongoing conflict nor care to.I do know two things.
Our supposed ally Saudi (Sunni)is pretty much as guilty as Iran for most of the trouble in the region via funding terrorism/arms/guerrilla training etc.
I strongly hope my country stays out of this ancient blood feud as we have absolutely nothing to gain here.And like every ME policy of ours,ends up futile.

new topics

join