It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Foreign Policy Establishment Poised To ‘Swift Boat’ Rand Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Looks like the "Foreign Policy & Military Industrial Complex" establishment wing of the GOP will try and squash Rand Paul quickly. The article states that their new campaign against Paul will be bigger than even the "swift-boat" campaign they launched against John Kerry.

Strange how the GOP is going to spend so much against Paul instead of focusing their efforts on the DNC. Well, not really. These establishment POS's want BUSH and CLINTON as the only choices.

radio.foxnews.com...

The Foundation for a Secure and Prosperous America, a 501(c)(4) group led by veteran Republican operative Rick Reed, will go live with its campaign against Paul on Tuesday, while the senator is in Louisville, Kentucky, announcing his presidential candidacy. The group will begin airing ads on broadcast TV, cable and the Web in several early primary states accusing Paul of being weak on Iran and tying him to the Barack Obama administration’s Iran policy, which polls show is deeply unpopular among Republican voters.

edit on 7-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well, he is running as a Republican, so I'm not inclined to defend him. But he is probably the only candidate of either party I would choose over a bullet to my head.

Anyone else, I'll take the bullet.

I anticipate similar smear campaigns, media blackouts and marginalization that we saw directed at his father's campaigns.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thanks for this info, cant say I am surprised sadly.

This confirms to me Rand would be a GOOD choice.

link   

Perhaps the delay in announcing was to better prepare his counter-attack with his father's help if needed.

What "ignorant Republicans" are they targeting with such ads?
Good luck!

link   

2016 will be the most interesting "election" in a long time. I am looking forward to it so I can observe the process itself.

It may offer unprecedented peeks behind the curtain at who really owns and operates USA inc. For those that are paying attention, of course.

For wide swaths of the US population, it will further cement feelings of disenfranchisement and intellectual capitulation. Giving away the proverbial "keys" to self-governance.

I won't vote as a matter of conscience. The electoral college is specifically designed to nullify votes the two party canard is designed and enforced to offer only false choices and distraction.

Who counts the votes anyway?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Good, if he really did support a lot of Obama's weak foreign policies in the way he voted we need to know if he tries portraying himself differently. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Is there even a remote possibility that another Bush can even get close? I really hope not, people should have learned their lesson over the last 16 years of the freaking Bush demolition of America! Please people don't let another Bush even get a sniff of being elected!

GO RAND!!!! Any Paul I will accept...He has to have some of his daddy in him somewhere! The problem is, he will never be allowed to come close....He should be the republican candidate right now and nobody else!
edit on 4/7/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Also... Rand Paul will swift-boat Rand Paul.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

G who would've thought the evil empire that is FOXNews would've let this information slip. After all according to everyone here Fox bangs the war drums constantly, it hardly makes sense that they would give us warning about what the military-industrial complex is going to try to do to Rand Paul. (did anybody catch the sarcasm in that post?"

On the bright side one of the best things Rand Paul has going for him is his wife doesn't have a penis.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

2016 will be the most interesting "election" in a long time. I am looking forward to it so I can observe the process itself.

It may offer unprecedented peeks behind the curtain at who really owns and operates USA inc. For those that are paying attention, of course.

For wide swaths of the US population, it will further cement feelings of disenfranchisement and intellectual capitulation. Giving away the proverbial "keys" to self-governance.

I won't vote as a matter of conscience. The electoral college is specifically designed to nullify votes the two party canard is designed and enforced to offer only false choices and distraction.

Who counts the votes anyway?

You won't vote so basically you're just giving up , throwing in the towel ?

While your statement may or may not be correct, there is one statement that is always correct.

" Quitters never win"

If everyone abides by the belief that your vote don't count, you can be rest assured our votes will never count.

I've actually come to believe that phrase is a tool the government uses to control the number of voters. It's a lot easier to rig a election when 30% of registered voters turnout than it is when 90% turnout.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If this doesnt shwo how the US elections are fixed I dont know what does....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If this doesnt shwo how the US elections are fixed I dont know what does....

Lol, the very first day he announces way before the primaries, the fanatic Ron Paulites are calling the election is rigged.

Get ahold of yourself man (not literally), that is the worst case of premature ejaculation in an election cycle yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The GOP is like the Android platform. There are a ton of versions out there, and the landscape is very fractured. The Democrats are more like Apple -- everyone on that side is more or less on the same version of software.

The Republicans are going to suffer from their own political in-fighting as well as trying to fend off the Democrats.

On one side you have Democrats. Just Democrats. On the other side you have hardcore right-wingers, libertarians, moderates, tea party folks...

It'll be interesting to see how they are able to come together as a party with a united front against the DNC.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If this doesn't show how the US elections are fixed I dont know what does....

They kept his dad out of the televised debates by 'fixing' things beforehand, too.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The DNC will do this to anyone not Hillary Clinton too and liberals (overall) are too chicken sht to vote third party.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well, Rand Paul is a much better candidate than John Kerry ever was. They will have to really work had to make him look bad. My guess is go right to the unsubstantiated sex allegations.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh... the AQUA BUDDAH !!

Did you see the size of that Aqua Buddah?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh FFS - of course they'll drag Rand Paul through the mud. The GOP has gone increasingly insane and increasingly pro-zillionaire in recent years. Jeb doesn't stand a chance and neither do Cruz or Paul. Nope, they'll go for Santorum or Huckabee. Which will be suicidal.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Looks like the "Foreign Policy & Military Industrial Complex" establishment wing of the GOP will try and squash Rand Paul quickly. The article states that their new campaign against Paul will be bigger than even the "swift-boat" campaign they launched against John Kerry.

Strange how the GOP is going to spend so much against Paul instead of focusing their efforts on the DNC. Well, not really. These establishment POS's want BUSH and CLINTON as the only choices.

radio.foxnews.com...

The Foundation for a Secure and Prosperous America, a 501(c)(4) group led by veteran Republican operative Rick Reed, will go live with its campaign against Paul on Tuesday, while the senator is in Louisville, Kentucky, announcing his presidential candidacy. The group will begin airing ads on broadcast TV, cable and the Web in several early primary states accusing Paul of being weak on Iran and tying him to the Barack Obama administration’s Iran policy, which polls show is deeply unpopular among Republican voters.

So their point is that he's not a big enough war-monger?

The military industrial complex sure has its claws deeply embedded in the Republican party.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Rand Paul is interesting as a candidate. He is the rare GOP guy who will say something like: Black people are being unjustly jailed…
That’s a good thing for a GOP to step out of the box their in…

Although because of his typical right-wing economic dogma I wouldn’t vote for him, but I have and will praise anyone when they do and say things I think are positive and Paul on foreign policy and some social issues has transcended the typical GOP dogma and for that he should be praised.

Paul might be the best GOP candidate but I doubt he wins the nomination because as the op indicates he has too many enemies amongst the neocons.

And if he gets anywhere near the nomination he better change or he may end up with problems of his own like Reagan and Kennedy had

Paul will be forced to change or he going nowhere

edit on 7-4-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join