It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Music's Sad State of Affairs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, it wasn't my initial intention, but since nrd101 posted his music I might as well too

Here are a couple rough mixes from my upcoming album, Love Under Will:

Step Away - this song was written for TPTB. Intro won't be that long, it will fade in.

Magdalena

If anyone else wants to post their music, as OP I say I'd love to hear it so go right ahead!

edit on 7-4-2015 by humanityrising because: stuff

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Not even close.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Of course a lot of the modern music and songwriting is terrible,it's fast food music

Cheap and quick to make and the big radio stations bend over backwards for the big labels to promote the garbage and the no culture audience lap it up

There are in fact far more recorded bands out there now than there ever has been with the low price in audio recording equipment and it's easier these days to sell online or even sell CDs at gigs to punters

It's not all bad,there are many pop songwriters and bands out there who are still weaving a gorgeous tapestry of sonics and lyrics

It's not just the music industry that seems to have dumbed down it's also the film industry,guess that's the way things are going now

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Not even close.

Then you have an over developed idea of Jimi Hendrix's abilities. I recognize that he was an innovator and one of the best, but to pretend like none have matched him since then is folly.

The fact you wrote Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa off tells me you didn't even watch the videos. By the way, Warren Haynes has been the guitarist for the Allman Brothers since the mid-80's. Joe Bonamassa is a freaking blues god.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The formulas for producing modern music (1900's to now) has been perfected to such a degree that music can now be crafted and sold like any other product a factory may produce. This has lead to the massive influx of pop music diluting the art of music, at least that is what it looks like when just skimming the surface.

In reality there has never been a time when more artists were putting out original works. The thing is however that the old medium of distribution ( Radio, music videos and even physical CD's) is dead and is only used now for the most part by pop music producers.

There is a whole world of great music out there, but you have to go looking for it.
edit on 9-4-2015 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ugmold
Not even close.

Then you have an over developed idea of Jimi Hendrix's abilities. I recognize that he was an innovator and one of the best, but to pretend like none have matched him since then is folly.

The fact you wrote Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa off tells me you didn't even watch the videos. By the way, Warren Haynes has been the guitarist for the Allman Brothers since the mid-80's. Joe Bonamassa is a freaking blues god.

I've seen Bonamassa live.
I am not a Hendrix freak by any means, and I do think the acts you showed are talented indeed. Just not like Hendrix was, he not only a "pop" audience, but was a musicians, musician. An Icon, those other acts will be remembered, but not like Jimi, sorry again.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Well here's the problem you are looking at. The market has become much more saturated in genres of music since Jimi was around. It is harder to make a huge impact on the music community as a whole because of this. So it can easily be said that the reason that Jimi reached more people in his time was because rock music wasn't as varied as it is now. If Jimi came out today, I wonder if he'd touch the same amount of people as he did in the 60's.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join