It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting case i found online with photo and convincing story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

IF ufo's exist we have no proof of a magnetic field around them and why do you think that would affect an image ?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I dare say it was poorly recieved for several reasons.

For me it was the artifacts I mentioned. But also the defensive postures.

Truly unbiased would not be defensive or attempt redirection to other images nor character attack even by just someones avatar.

I am a believer that life exists elsewhere. I would like to believe we have been or will be visited someday.

But my mind is highly analytical and I question everything. Even the mundane. And as such I believe the image uploaded is altered.

It hurts my feelings not, to be questioned or accused. But I didnt upload the picture nor do I feel I have to defend the obvious.

Occams Razor will be telling. That this imaged is being pushed instead of displayed. The agenda behind that is self explanatory.

You know what would impress me?

4 words...

Independent third party verification.

Then we can all party.

See, this pretty much sums up what I thought was the problem, and the reason for the poor reception this photo received.

The problem as I see it is simple: You, and people like you, are not aware that alien contact is a reality.

As a result, you look to pictures like this great photograph for answers.

For THE answer.

You want a photo that will finally be the one that will convince you that aliens are here. A photo that will knock you off the fence you're sitting on, and lift all the doubt from your soul, and make you shout "Hallelujah! I finally have the proof I needed!"

I would like to believe we have been or will be visited someday.

Then believe it. That's up to you, and it's not a hard thing to do. In fact, no belief is really required, save the "belief" for Santa or the Easter Bunny. Alien contact is as real as any other event in 20th century American history. But I'll tell you right now, if the record of evidence of the past seventy years of sightings and alien contact hasn't convinced you, then no photograph ever will.

When it comes to judging a photograph of a purported alien ship, people who have never seen one are poor judges. But people who don't know if they really exist are terrible judges.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

You are wrong. Nobody is qualified to judging a photograph of a purported alien ship. Neither has any human being seen their spacecraft.

Because they make you see things!

And not only that. They have full control over the electromagnetic and acoustic spectrum, can create false images on film and radar as easily.

So all you do is chasing mirages.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Is it possible that the object in the picture could be this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe they were testing it out somewhere outside the US..

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

See, this pretty much sums up what I thought was the problem, and the reason for the poor reception this photo received.

The problem as I see it is simple: You, and people like you, are not aware that alien contact is a reality.

For THE answer.

You want a photo that will finally be the one that will convince you that aliens are here. A photo that will knock you off the fence you're sitting on, and lift all the doubt from your soul, and make you shout "Hallelujah! I finally have the proof I needed!"

I'm not sure why all of that matters when we are trying to discern whether or not this image is genuine.

Whether or not there may or may not be other evidence of intelligent aliens visiting Earth really has no relevance to the veracity of this image. All we are trying to do is verify THIS image -- and THIS image has some issues that make it suspect (e.g., the compression artifacts seem to be wrong).

edit on 4/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Because of the clouds in the sky, I might also conjecture that unless it's just a hoax, the thing in the photo is a stray raindrop on the windshield, perhaps something like this:

edit on 10-4-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Is this an anonymous photo? Is there anyone attributable to it in any way>

Jeff

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Thank you.

You know, if you had just asked, you may be surprised to find out that I have had more experience than you percieved.

But yet regarding the photo, I have established my opinion on it well. But yet your defensive posture suggests to me that it isnt about getting feedback on a simple questionable image publically displayed. The first post inquired on forum opinions on the photo and the story. But when opinions start turning south the responce is quite illuminating.

Instead it appears that credibility established is desired exclusively.

Ok I byte....

That photo is amazing !! So real and so credible. It simply proves to everyone without question that alien ships are here and we are being visited!!

There. Does that fit the agenda desired?

Everyone else that may be skeptical, my apologies. But that is what is being requested by the sellers of this photo. A bandwagon response.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Because of the clouds in the sky, I might also conjecture that unless it's just a hoax, the thing in the photo is a stray raindrop on the windshield, perhaps something like this:

Isn't that the Arizona Birdship?

edit on 10-4-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

Thank you.

You know, if you had just asked, you may be surprised to find out that I have had more experience than you percieved.

But yet regarding the photo, I have established my opinion on it well. But yet your defensive posture suggests to me that it isnt about getting feedback on a simple questionable image publically displayed. The first post inquired on forum opinions on the photo and the story. But when opinions start turning south the responce is quite illuminating.

Instead it appears that credibility established is desired exclusively.

Ok I byte....

That photo is amazing !! So real and so credible. It simply proves to everyone without question that alien ships are here and we are being visited!!

There. Does that fit the agenda desired?

Everyone else that may be skeptical, my apologies. But that is what is being requested by the sellers of this photo. A bandwagon response.

Please don't mistake me for someone concerned with your opinion, you are welcome to believe whatever you want, I'm fine with that.

And frankly, I was unaware that people were selling this photo, as you say. I thought they posted it for free. And in what way have they requested a bandwagon response? You don't really seem to be making sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

For THE answer.

I'm not sure why all of that matters when we are trying to discern whether or not this image is genuine.

Whether or not there may or may not be other evidence of intelligent aliens visiting Earth really has no relevance to the veracity of this image. All we are trying to do is verify THIS image -- and THIS image has some issues that make it suspect (e.g., the compression artifacts seem to be wrong).

Actually, it matters a great deal.

And as I said, when it comes to judging a photograph of a purported alien ship, people who are unsure whether alien contact is real make terrible judges.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Actually I am making perfect sense.

The selling doesnt have to be read literally. It was a figure of speech.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

For THE answer.

Actually, it matters a great deal.

And as I said, when it comes to judging a photograph of a purported alien ship, people who are unsure whether alien contact is real make terrible judges.

Actually, I'd take the advice of those I know to be competent in image analysis like Pinke, Armap, and jritzmann, over random forum posters, especially those with a history of claiming alien contact is real, yet never producing anything other than opinions.

An image has been shown (and a tale proffered), and we have been asked our opinion. Forum members with a lot of experience in image analysis have offered forth reasonable explanations. It seems churlish to be so dismissive.
edit on 10-4-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
For me the error level tool proves the object isnt photoshoped in...adding the story to it, make me believe it like 80%, adding the 1000s of ufo cases across history, makes me believe it 90%...Most skeptics explanations are just puerile conjucture. Rain drops, sure, blimps, sure...if it makes you sleep better at night thinking that aliens dont exist and wont kidnap you to rip your guts out...fine , believe it's all swamp gas and rain drops.

Also the pic from this case in which a soccer mom uploaded photos to tweeter and the saw the object which souldn't be there.
Huray ! this one also passes the error level check.
This is the original
www.mufoncms.com...
This the error level check
s27.postimg.org...
edit on 11-4-2015 by Choice777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Choice777
For me the error level tool proves the object isnt photoshoped in...

Do you have any idea what error level analysis is and how it works? Myself, ArMap and others have discussed / explained it a few times around ATS.

ELA is not a silver bullet image authentication process, and it's easy to fool. There is no silver bullet image authentication process. If you would like to know more about ELA you're welcome to U2U me and I can send you reading materials. If you like I can also send a picture of a flying rabbit turtle. It will pass ELA. Flying rabbit turtles. They're a thing.

Most skeptics explanations are just puerile conjucture.

And when it's science and maths you will ignore it anyway.

Take your blinders off, respect your fellow ATS'ers and realize that most people don't actually care about this whole fantastical believer vs debunker nonsense and you might discover there is this whole other community here that you can tap into.

Lost me though.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Here’s my take on the image, as a professional photographer:

The story mentions that the ufo was hovering at the time the photo was taken from a moving car. That’s impossible because there is horizontal motion blur (horizontal edges are sharper than vertical edges) on the ufo, and not on anything else in the image.

If the car was moving during exposure, then this would have been a short exposure (probably at least 1/250 sec, depending on the focal length of the lens and the speed of the car). Otherwise, you would see horizontal motion blurring of at least the foreground (foreground moves faster than background while moving, relative to the camera’s perspective).

IF the blur of the ufo was not caused by motion, but by it being out of focus, then that would mean that it is a lot further away than the farthest hill (on the left) in the image. That would probably make it at least a mile wide…

And then there is this: Notice the blurred reflection on the underside of the ufo, which is more on the left side of it. Even if the sun was low enough to cause that (which I highly doubt, due to the lack of orange hue that a low sun would cause) then the reflection would be more towards the right. Take a good look at the clouds, and you will see that the sunlight is coming from the right.

That’s enough red flags for me.

soulwaxer

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Choice777
As Pinke already posted, ELA can not be used to exclude manipulation. It can be used to spot lazy photoshops though.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
Is it possible that the object in the picture could be this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe they were testing it out somewhere outside the US..

It was built by a British firm but if you read the article in the link you provided, the project didn't begin until 2010 and is 4 years after this photo was allegedly taken. Of course it may have been something similar (assuming that it actually is a real object).

Anyway it seems to me that here is where we are at with this :

1) There are questions about the object really being in this picture at all or if it was manipulated in some way as it looks blurred compared to the rest of the picture.

2) Despite driving away at speed the picture shows absolutely no blur on the fence a few yards away or any of the other object in the foreground of the picture.

3) The picture doesn't look like it was taken from a vehicle (see above)

4) Analysis of the picture suggests the UFO has been added into it.

5) The route the guy took from Porthmadog to Chester doesn't really make sense as he headed south when he should have been headed north east.

6) Those of you who have never seen an alien ship will be terrible judges of whether this is an alien ship or not (despite your knowledge of digital photography and image manipulation.)

7) There are no corroborating stories (that I can find anyway) of this sighting. Even though it was taking place on a UK Bank Holiday Monday, over an area of Wales (Snowdonia) that is very popular with tourists and near some busy roads.

Choice777 - correct me if I am wrong but I suspect you posted this because you believe aliens are real, were highly impressed by this picture and really thought other forum members would be congratulating you on a great find.

However you seemed to have become somewhat disappointed and defensive because others have doubted it's authenticity.

Now forget all that for a moment and let's assume the object in the photo is real. Well it still proves what? That there was an object, looking similar to a blimp, flying over North Wales. If you go back across the last 70 years there are thousands of these type of "UFO" photos. Not one of them has ever been convincing, solid proof of anything beyond , (at very best) being described as unidentified.

In sizing those hills maybe these shots will help a little more:

edit on 11/4/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Is someone that never saw a penguin a terrible judge of a photo that has a penguin?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Is someone that never saw a penguin a terrible judge of a photo that has a penguin?

yep.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join