It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting case i found online with photo and convincing story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi. I was browsing the live map on mufon and above UK i set the filter to only show events with photos/videos(media only setting).
There appears to be a UFO hotspot in Liverpool...even with the media only filter, there's quite a few events.
This in just the second i've looked at. Here's the story. But look at it like i did:
-jumped to LOOK AT PHOTO FIRST, it seems a bit blurry and hazzy. Ran it with edge detection/invert colors/ sharpen..looks ok i guess.
-then went to the page to read the mile long story telling myself that i'll endure through the whole boring read.
-turns out the mile long story GIVES IT PERSPECTIVE.
-NOW GO and look at the photo again. i won't tell you what the catch is, you might be surprised like me.

The photo
Look at photo first, read story, look at this photo again

The story:

''

I am relaying this story on behalf of my father, who swore my mother and I to secrecy when it first happened because he was very scared by his experience and didn't want to be ridiculed if details ended up in the public domain. Over a year later, he's finally agreed to let me share details of this incident with MUFON because I've convinced him it should be recorded *someplace* publicly, even if he doesn't want to go public himself. On May 1st 2006 my father had to drive from Chester, England to Porthmadog, North Wales, for work reasons. At approx 4:45pm on the return journey, he was driving south, approaching the village of Gellilydan when he became aware of a "silhouetted cigar shaped object" flying 'gently' below cloud level in an easterly direction about two miles ahead of him. He lost sight of it a few times due to the landscape, but having passed by the village, it became apparent that it was flying slowly north (towards him). Assuming it was a 'regular aircraft' that he couldn't quite visualize properly, he was more interested than concerned at this point, and due to its apparent flight path over the open countryside, he figured it would clear him by less than a mile to the west when it passed. So, his interest was piqued ("is it a helicopter or a plane?" he wondered) and he reduced his driving speed to approx 20-30mph in order to get a better view. As the flying object approached a point about 3/4 mile south west of his vehicle, he realised it was actually 'cylindrical'. It had a reflective convex base and a very subtle (barely noticeable) "electric blue" aura. He could only really see the underneath due to its angle. This took him back ("my heart rate accelerated") and having a camera on him, decided to pull over onto a grass verge and take a photo. As he did this and scrambled for the camera, he realised the object had accelerated in his direction (it was very high up) and a huge shadow enveloped the area for about a mile around. "It was like a very dark thundercloud was right over me." He pushed his head forward in the windscreen and looked up (awkward angle) - and to his horror could see that this thing was about 1/4 mile wide and just hovering beneath cloud level directly above the part of the road he was on. He said it had huge tiles on its convex base. He had never seen anything like it in his life. It was "impossibly enormous". He realises -- due to the sheer size of this thing -- that he probably underestimated how far away it was previously, but in relaying this event we've decided to use distances as he "perceived them" at the time. Anyway, his heart was pounding, he was truly terrified because he couldn't make sense of the object and he was in the middle of nowhere (Snowdonia National Park) and decided to get the hell out of there. He hastily started up his vehicle and pulled off when he noticed the shadow just disappear, "like somebody flicked a switch and the thundercloud vanished". He looked around as he drove, pushed his face into the windscreen and looked up but he could no longer see it. Then (within sixty seconds), as he passed the Trawsfynydd Twin Nuclear Reactors, he became aware of it hovering above some high ground to the west. The camera was on the passenger seat so without stopping the vehicle he just instinctively picked it up, snapped, then accelerated to 70mph intending to get out of the area as fast as possible. He was overjoyed when he realised this 'object' had appeared on the exposure because it proved he wasn't going mad and he *had* actually witnessed something very unusual. If it hadn't, he says he's not sure he'd have told my mother and I the story in case we thought he was cracking up. Ever since, he has been scared of driving through rural areas alone, and won't drive at night time at all. (Not that it was night time when this incident occurred.) I can understand that. It's a good job he had to retire last summer really because he'd no longer be able to do his job due to the amount of driving involved. ''

What do you think ?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Choice777

looks like what i have seen with my friends while we were near a school it dissapeard in a flash whitin 10 seconds.
i've seen an ancient type of flying disk

edit on 7-4-2015 by UNKNOWNPURPLE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2015 by UNKNOWNPURPLE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

My first impression having read the story, is that either the gentleman who recounted this tale has difficulty with identifying cylindrical objects, or the picture is nothing to do with the story. The picture contains nothing even remotely cylindrical.

Other than that, this seems generic UFO fare to me. Interesting no doubt, but nothing earth shattering!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

untill you see one yourself bro above your head in the clear sky.

link   

Looks legit to me!

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

My first impression having read the story, is that either the gentleman who recounted this tale has difficulty with identifying cylindrical objects, or the picture is nothing to do with the story. The picture contains nothing even remotely cylindrical.

Other than that, this seems generic UFO fare to me. Interesting no doubt, but nothing earth shattering!

The object looks quite close, maybe he thought it was cylindrical when it was further away?

And the story actually goes into detail about what the object truly looked like

he realised it was actually 'cylindrical'. It had a reflective convex base and a very subtle (barely noticeable) "electric blue" aura

And light can make things seem look different.

He said it had huge tiles on its convex base. He had never seen anything like it in his life.

edit on 7-4-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

There is something odd about the placement.. Almost like it quite doesnt belong in the picture. Can't quite explain it.

However, It looks very much like a blimp.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think some Beatles in the background would make this post a True 10..

What is the shiny thing left of the tower from the third row down?

Hasn't there been "more than a few" of these UFOs around nuclear reactors/launch sites? I think this adds more credence to the story than detracts.

Didn't the report in that Forest in the U.K. by USAF personnel, weren't there nukes there as well?

"Some" need to swim in proof, I'll take the guys word for it and He did offer some "proof"..

I will say that those clouds look natural and NOT the checkerboard clouds I'm seeing for the chemtrai...uh er... 'contrails'

Good one.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
looks like a spot of "something" on the window, that the photo was taken thru

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the pic and story OP. Another pic to add to the collection.

Not sure however of the relationship to a Liverpool hotspot though? Chester to Porthmadog goes nowhere near Liverpool.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Congratulations on your find of a online picture with the fantasy story that comes with it.

That is a copy pasted ufo into that picture and some blur is then added, made in gimp or Photoshop.
Look how sharp the overall picture is, ground and sky.. and then look at the very bad blur effect of the photoshoped dot.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

It does like it was added to the picture. You can clearly see the details of the mountains but fail to see any color and that reflective convex base the story mentions. It looks pretty big too so I can imagine the details would be very visible.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
So if this was a real UFO then the craft would have an electromagnetic field around it, and the electromagnetic field wouldn't affect the picture?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Interesting story. It adds to our myths about UFOs. Where once there were virtually universal (on Earth!) anthropocentric views about our assumed dominant position in the Universe right next to the seat of a supposed God, today, the tide is changing as science and clear thinking is, at least, thinking: "Why not ETs?"

Why not indeed if you have seen something that seems to move in impossible ways according to accepted human concepts of physics. Either we have such devices, kept highly secret for well over half a century, or we have visitors.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To me the ufo looks out of place, like it doesn't belong in this picture. Perhaps added in? Or maybe its something stuck on a window?

It just doesn't look right to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I feel like I've seen this before story and all.
And I'm not saying this like an "already a thread posted"
kind of thing but,
My brain is telling me there is
a past thread on this because I'm experiencing major
ATS déjà Vu...It may just be a similar one.
interesting none the less S&F

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I find it odd that there isn't more blur considering he just grab the camera and took the shot while still driving. I would also think if that was the case there might be more angle or tilt to the picture. seems like a picture taken when one has the time to aim it properly if that made sense, and also aim it while not moving.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I thought everything was in kilometers over there.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

There is something odd about the placement.. Almost like it quite doesnt belong in the picture. Can't quite explain it.

the placement in the picture maybe - i'd expect it to be closer to the centre of the picture

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I thought everything was in kilometers over there.

in the uk we use both metric and imperial

distance is usually given in miles

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join