It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In key swing states, weed is polling better than all potential 2016 candidates

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I dare anyone to say that a six foot tall pot plant couldn't do a better job as president

President bong for 2016!

Let the most chilled presidency in history begin!
*Sings*
I was gunna go Into Iraq but then I got high
I was gunna bomb iran but then I got high
Now Israel hates me and I know why cause I got high cause I got cause I got high

edit on 7-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Marijuana, makes people withdrawn and docile. It should make the government want the stuff. A no hassle from the public solution for the government.

edit on 7-4-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This just presents another huge problem for the Republicans.

I think Marijuana is going to be an issue on the table during this election...not a huge major issue...but an important minor issue that will swing a small, but important percentage in the vote.

So Republican candidates have to make a choice...try to win and concede that Marijuana isn't the devil so they don't sound crazy to rational people...or stay true to their Conservative base and have everyday voters roll their eyes at them.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

...actually, it's the people OVER 45 that are starting to realize they've been lied to, and using the MJ to east the pains of aging

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tothetenthpower

To be honest, medical marijuana shouldn't even be a discussion anymore. It should just be an accepted fact that needs to just be written into law.

I still wonder who is against medical pot?

Who is that 10-20%?

Same people who buy margarine over butter, think bread is healthier then bacon, supports MADD and anyone over the age of 45. Basically people who grew up from 1950 - 1980's and are in their retiring years. The same people who have screwed this generation out of progression for the last 20 some odd years.

I'm 48, I use marijuana, I am pro medical and recreational use. I didn't screw your generation. You must be young so I will let your ignorance slide.

There is always the exception in all assumptions and statistics.

There are a LOT more exceptions than you realize. At this point in our lives we may not want to talk publicly about this, but we will speak our mind in the sanctity of the voting booth

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

This is a good point. I really didn't want to make the thread a partisan thread, but it is true that most of the discussion revolves around Republicans not being completely on board with it. Most Democrats across the board are already pro-legalization.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I am hoping that Republican candidates shift their attitudes to be pro marijuana to steal votes from democrats..
To me it would be a win win..

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tothetenthpower

To be honest, medical marijuana shouldn't even be a discussion anymore. It should just be an accepted fact that needs to just be written into law.

That Should Have Been into Law from the Start!!! (Silver Lining is: We got Pineapple Express ) lol

Regards,

Ha! nice.

I bet those percent who voted against were college teachers, cops and..... pot dealers themselves! Wheres the money to be made illegally if everyone get go to the local pot-office

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Wheres the money to be made illegally if everyone get go to the local pot-office

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their pot delivery.

Sounds good.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
#PresidentPotPlant will be running in 2016

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Has nothing to do with "Pro-pot". If Republicans are true to their stance, it is about personal freedoms.
But, neither Dems or Reps are about personal freedoms.

Hence why more and more people are turning Libertarian.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I take it one step further as "medical Marijuana" doesn't really cover the issue. Just legalize it, regulate it it to some degree if we have to...I dont see Dandelion leaf being outlawed even though its used in medicine for pericardial edema.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

The thing is, "conservatives" have been co-opted by "Christian conservatives". When people today think of a "conservative" they think of a Bible thumper.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Your right, its the older crowd that saw "reefer madness" when they were kids, that movie sticks. My best friend of 2 years is 65 and was a little weird at first when I medicated, but after seeing me do it for 2 years and seeing no difference except a positive slight change and a better 10k time, he is totally for it now.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
just stick the plant in the oval office already... it can be the decision maker. Meaning, before a decision is made by government, they must form a circle and partake and discuss. Ok they may never reach an actual conclusion on the matter at hand, but oftentimes, with the government, its often better for the nation if they just do nothing rather than making things worse. They could go in to talk about warfare, and come out of the discussion saying "you know what? we really need to feed and house the homeless"

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Pretty positive note there in Florida as well as all around. Medical and recreational support goes beyond the left/right paradigm and may be a defining factor here. Wonder how much it will weigh in this coming election(minus the selected/not elected).

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

True. It should be legalized regardless, but my point was that we shouldn't even be HAVING the medical marijuana discussion anymore. Politicians just need to admit that it is medically beneficial and deschedule the drug.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is one issue on which America is moving faster than most of the rest of the western world. In the UK this is still being fought rabidly by the ignorant loons in government and their equally ignorant puritan backers, and unfortunately it's rarely on the agenda.

We've even seen government medical officials hounded out of office for daring to tell the truth. Anything other than the mantra of "all drugs are evil and must be destroyed!!!!!" is not accepted by our ignorant politicians.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
Your right, its the older crowd that saw "reefer madness" when they were kids, that movie sticks. My best friend of 2 years is 65 and was a little weird at first when I medicated, but after seeing me do it for 2 years and seeing no difference except a positive slight change and a better 10k time, he is totally for it now.

I agree, I think people were just blindly led to believe in such nonsense.

The older generations are either for it, strongly against it, or are just to plain stubborn to realize.
My girlfriends mother is no where near against it, but her father is strongly against it and when you tell him otherwise it goes in one ear and straight out the other, turning a blind eye.
Funny thing is tho, he will gladly down a few ciders in one sitting and not bat an eye lid. Goes to show the generation he grew up in.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Those are Republicans. Not Conservatives.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join