It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced to get Flu Shot - How can I decline?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I work in healthcare

You're doing it wrong..
edit on 7-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Swing80s

Look for my thread later tonight. I was going make it soon, but your thread is prompting me to let everyone know.

I work in healthcare and will tell you how I did it.

That's a promise.

You're going to tell us how you heartlessly endangered dozens or possibly hundreds of patients in your workplace by refusing to vaccinate against something that could kill them if they're young, old, or immune-compromised?

I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now we have people who (?) work in healthcare (?) determining that the OP will kill millions and be responsible for untold death and destruction if he doesn't get a flu shot.

I am sure that everyone posting is a medical professional and speaks from years of vast experience on flu vaccines and the epidemiological aspects of upper respiratory infections.

I will continue to watch this thread as all the learned educators instruct us on all the proper aspects of vaccines and healthcare in general.

*squeee*

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swing80s
Can anybody here help me or tell me what to say to my superior to respectfully decline but still stay on her good side? Much appreciated.

Have a lawyer draw up a legally binding agreement stating that your boss will accept financial and criminal responsibility for any problems caused by the vaccine. It should include clauses where she agrees to compensate you for any medical bills, loss of work, emotional distress, etc. Include a clause about involuntary manslaughter charges if you die as a result from the vaccine.

Once she signs, take the vaccine.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Now we have people who (?) work in healthcare (?) determining that the OP will kill millions and be responsible for untold death and destruction if he doesn't get a flu shot.

I am sure that everyone posting is a medical professional and speaks from years of vast experience on flu vaccines and the epidemiological aspects of upper respiratory infections.

I will continue to watch this thread as all the learned educators instruct us on all the proper aspects of vaccines and healthcare in general.

*squeee*
Even someone with a less-than-highschool level of education knows that if you're sick, and you're around people, you risk getting OTHER people sick. You don't have to be a doctor to understand that, but thanks for the hyperbole.

If you get the flu, you risk giving it to others. If the people you're around have weak or compromised immune systems, the flu could very well kill them. This is well documented, and freely available to see.

Nobody is saying if one healthcare worker doesn't get vaccinated he'll kill millions. That's, again, hyperbole. But he COULD kill someone. Even if it's just one person, it's one person too much. What does he risk by getting vaccinated? You can't get autism at his age, even if there WERE a link between vaccines and autism. The very WORST that could happen is that he gets an owwie on his arm. But no, that minor inconvenience is worth endangering the people he's employed to look after.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Actually there is documented evidence of individuals becoming ill or even dying as a result of receiving the vaccine.

Commn sense, PPE, hand washing can and does alieviate much of the transmisison issue.

I don't get the vaccine. It'd eventually kill me. Yet I will not change careers simply because a vaccine will kill me. I use common sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just tell the nurse you had the shot at HEB or randalls or whatever grocery store is poisoning people in your neighborhood. I never get the flu shot either and I never get sick. NEVER.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

Good for you but others do.
I honestly can't believe care givers will refuse a flu jab. Duty of care and such.
I guess some are just in it for the pay check.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you work in a hospital you know going in you have to get these.
So unless op was forced to take the job, there is no forcing of this shot.

Find a place that does the nasal one op and you don't have to be prodded.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swing80s

you're allergic to eggs right?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Actually there is documented evidence of individuals becoming ill or even dying as a result of receiving the vaccine.

Commn sense, PPE, hand washing can and does alieviate much of the transmisison issue.

I don't get the vaccine. It'd eventually kill me. Yet I will not change careers simply because a vaccine will kill me. I use common sense.
Of the millions of people who get the flu vaccine every year, only about 70 reported any illness great enough to warrant some settlement. And one death. Exactly one death in 2014 from Flu Vaccine.

But yeah, the vaccines are totally dangerous!

Come on, more people are killed every year by domestic dogs.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

i am literally, allergic to eggs. i can't take the flu shot. i'm also allergic to nuts and shellfish. anything in a shell. there was debate over whether that's iodine related or chrondrotin related, something all things in shells share in common. echinacea comes in handy for flu season, however, only if you don't have an autoimmune disease, otherwise baadd things happen if you take it.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
One of the best doctors I have ever seen for any reason told me never get a flu shot. Did not give an explanation other than my diabetes . When other doctors advise me to get one , I reply with what that one doctor said. Believe it or not , they just go Oh , Ok.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i am literally, allergic to eggs. i can't take the flu shot. i'm also allergic to nuts and shellfish. anything in a shell. there was debate over whether that's iodine related or chrondrotin related, something all things in shells share in common. echinacea comes in handy for flu season, however, only if you don't have an autoimmune disease, otherwise baadd things happen if you take it.
Being allergic to eggs is fine, it's why my brother couldn't take the shot for most of his young life. I also doubt you work in healthcare. My beef is with healthcare workers who don't get the shot.

Myself? I don't get the shot either. Mainly because I'm a big wimp and afraid of needles. But I also don't work in healthcare. If I did, I'd probably grin and bear it. There are flu vaccines now that do not contain egg products, by the way.
edit on 7-4-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
One of the best doctors I have ever seen for any reason told me never get a flu shot. Did not give an explanation other than my diabetes . When other doctors advise me to get one , I reply with what that one doctor said. Believe it or not , they just go Oh , Ok.

no reason given?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You are trying to tell me that doctors from the seventies that had died in the eighties and their offices were not bought out still have records that I can get ahold of. I never had any records transferred to a new doctor from them. I was rarely sick and I didn't go to a doctor for over twenty years except to the outpatient clinic at the hospital if I got hurt.

I can't even get access to the medical records from six years ago from our doctor. They never put them on the computer, the old records got shipped off for archiving and nothing is in my electronic files. My brother's doctor, we have the same clinic, asked him who he had gone to before, all his records from about fifty visits and two associated operations disappeared and the doctor did not know what to do about it.

Seems like when my records disappeared, the doctors don't remember crap. I had hundreds of appointments and tests get misplaced.

I have doctors who I deal with that know what I am saying is true, the current doctor of my grandchildren will vouch for what I say. You on the other hand, who has never met me or known of how honest I am, I can have many people vouch for my honesty, am saying you are right with no evidence at all to back it up.

edit on 7-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You are entitled to your opinion.

I sympathise with those who don't feel the need, or suffer from ill effects due to the vaccine.

C'est la via.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
I asked , and he just said due to diabetes. As he was a doctor , I tend to listen to them . It is just strange over the last 15 years or so , when a doctor advises me to get a flu shot and I tell them this , they do not force the subject . They really all for the most part just say Oh, OK.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You are entitled to your opinion.

I sympathise with those who don't feel the need, or suffer from ill effects due to the vaccine.

C'est la via.
And if you don't work in healthcare you're free to not take the vaccine. As I said before I don't, but I'm an IT professional with little contact with anyone aside from co-workers.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yet people who DO work in healthcare may suffer from a variety of concerns (and they may be more educated than you) and do not, will not take the vaccine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join