It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of NUCLEAR submarine on fire at Russian shipyard

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hotel1

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: hotel1

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Bang goes the no claims! Royal Navy nuclear submarine suffers £500,000 damage after 'hitting floating ice' while tracking Russian vessels

No worries Jack me old mate. I don't even know what questions to ask, never mind looking for an answer. I'm just glad we are on the same side. Two very powerful Navies that are old friends and cousins. if I was up against our two Navies, Your national might and the strength of the combined UK Commonwealth lead by the Royal Navy, then I would be very scared.

Kind regards
From your British Cousins and Allies.
I can think of no other nation that I would rather be friends with.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: butcherguy

"ehrmagerd! Rediaton! Weze dumed!"

Haha!! That's some funny shizzle right there! Comedy gold I tell

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

Sounds like a threat to me. Where's the NSA?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

Could you provide a source for the information that the US instructed Japan not to seal Fukushima, while Russia had instructed otherwise?
Also, what specifically do you mean by 'seal' the site?
edit on 8-4-2015 by pfishy because: N'yarlahotep made me do it.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

im russian,

the post says: a submarine on fire at Severodvisky

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: johnwick

Which is why you set a "Fire Watch" when any kind of welding is going on.

That means having people standing by with fire extinguishers until the work is done and the metal has cooled.

I stood MANY of these while in the ship yard......DUH.

eriktheawful is correct in this. You also survey the site and clean it up of flammable/combustable materials before beginning work. The fire watches are to catch a fire in its early stages...before it spreads and gets out of control. This is very important particularly if one is way back in a confined space and or a tight space ..difficult to get into or out of....a good fire watch.

Out of curiosity Eric..what yard were you in???

While some of you are dogging out the Russians...remember this history from back in 1969 where a US Submarine was sunk on the piers in San Francisco.. @ Mare Island.

USS Guitarro (SSN-665)

ussnautilus.org...

Fires and sinking have happened in US shipyards as well. And this was a nuclear submarine.

This historical event is standard training for workers in this shipyard...about communicating/coordinating what jobs are happening at the same time. What they had which caused the sinking was the famous.... "Failure to Communicate."

It is not cooling rods per se...but control rods. Depending what events are happening the rods are all down in many yards. Shut down. But cooling systems are removing/maintaining heat..and monitored 24/7.

They do not want to sink a submarine at the pier if it can be helped..even in a fire. For often there are large cuts made in the hull to remove gear and equipment. These cuts cannot easily be replaced and sealed up. Also there are often lines running into the boat where many openings cannot be shut down...water tight. So they do not want to sink the boat on the pier if it can be helped.

Some of that insulation gives off dangerous fumes if it catches fire..very dangerous even for the fire fighters wearing their breathing gear. It is even worse if the insulation gets saturated by oils and other lubricants normally used for maintenance and now function as fire accelerators. I believe this was part of the problem with putting out the fire on the USS Miami...grease and oils in the insulation around the torpedo rooms. Lots of grease to be found there on many boats.

Just some additional informations.

Orangetom
edit on 9-4-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WineAndCheese9

Don't worry Russians are not puppets of Washington,

They are not like Japan who listened to their US masters and left Fukushima to spill 24/7

If there is a leak, Russians will deal with it

EDIT: Russians told Japanese to Seal Fukushima Problem, but nooooo, US told them leave it open

Wow, the Chernobyl accident proves what utter nonsense you spew. Then kept it secret as long as possible. They delayed evacuations. Everything you claim is wrong with the US, Russia is guilty of tenfold. You are easily seen through as a raw raw Russia fanboy with bare chested Putin posters on your bedroom wall, and plenty of petroleum jelly always at hand.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

[snip]

Because it is a submarine of Russia and they don't burn every day.
edit on 20/4/15 by masqua because: Off topic quote removed

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join