It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of NUCLEAR submarine on fire at Russian shipyard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Reports of nuclear submarine on fire at Russian shipyard

DETAILS TO FOLLOW.

I'll post updates asap.

Reports of nuclear submarine on fire at Russian shipyard

DETAILS TO FOLLOW.

I'll post updates asap.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

A fire has reportedly broken out at a Russian nuclear submarine during repair work at a shipyard in Severodvinsk. The cause of the fire is believed to be related to welding work on the sub.

“The fire affected an area of some 20 square meters. The insulation between the hulls of the sub is burning,” a source told RIA Novosti news agency.

RT
edit on 7-4-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Any thoughts on this?

Seems like you were in a rush to get it posted but forgot to leave your commentary. It appears to be a non event as it's allegedly a fire due to a welding mishap. Hopefully it stays contained to the 20 meters the story mentioned. I don't see the fire making its way past the insulation plus whatever methods they are using to put out the fire.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Any thoughts on this?

Seems like you were in a rush to get it posted but forgot to leave your commentary. It appears to be a non event as it's allegedly a fire due to a welding mishap. Hopefully it stays contained to the 20 meters the story mentioned. I don't see the fire making its way past the insulation plus whatever methods they are using to put out the fire.

There was nothing that I could comment on at the time I had posted this.

To your point that the fire won't go past the insulation, the insulation itself is burning according to the article

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Don't worry Russians are not puppets of Washington,

They are not like Japan who listened to their US masters and left Fukushima to spill 24/7

If there is a leak, Russians will deal with it

EDIT: Russians told Japanese to Seal Fukushima Problem, but nooooo, US told them leave it open
edit on 7-4-2015 by WineAndCheese9 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineAndCheese9

They are not like Japan who listened to their US masters and left Fukushima to spill 24/7

EDIT: Russians told Japanese to Seal Fukushima Problem, but nooooo, US told them leave it open
They will deal with it?
Like Chernobyl? When they didn't even announce it until after Western Europe has radiation detectors going off?
Five worst Soviet nuclear accidents

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Let's hope this doesn't turn into another Chernobyl or worse, considering it's in the coast.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Cant they just seal off that bit and submerge, then pop back up and pump the water out? I should be a submariner.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

wait till you see what kind of Nuclear Accidents are waiting US mainland

too complicated to explain, so lets just call it Karma

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

What are you referring to "accidents on the U.S. mainland"? Too complicated to explain - can you at least state what these accidents are related to? THAT comment got my full-fledged attention

link   

You mean they'll dump it in the shallow sea like they've done with other reactors?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineAndCheese9

LOL

Do you not remember Chernobyl? The worst Nuclear Accident in history? The Nuclear Accident that wasn't known in the west until Radiation Detectors started sounding alarms? The Nuclear Accident that let the Residents of Pripyat were told was "Minor" for almost a week before finally evacuating, exposing many of the residents to extremely high doses of radiation? That nuclear accident?

The one that had government officials scrambling around trying to find out how best to cover it up rather than actually dealing with it?

Yeah, I trust the Russians to handle a nuclear accident like I trust the North Koreans to feed their people.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Doesn't look good

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Damn.
That looks like more than smoldering insulation.
Looks like it could be out of control, no?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

what is this a photo of, I can't even see the submarine just a lot of smoke. Is the situation deteriorating further?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

What are you referring to "accidents on the U.S. mainland"? Too complicated to explain - can you at least state what these accidents are related to? THAT comment got my full-fledged attention

It got my attention too.
If the poster is not 'blowing smoke', do they know some terrorists or something?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Those are photos off twitter showing the current situation. I'm no expert but this seems like a big fire

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yes we all saw how mother russia handled the sinking of the Kursk. Your sub command couldnt coach little league footbal, let alone handle a serious problem on a nuclear powered sub.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join