It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen, the US and the Houthis What the WikiLeaks cables reveal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Several interesting points emerge from the documents:

The Saleh regime made persistent efforts to draw the US into the Houthi conflict.

In 2006, Saleh sought American help to assassinate a Houthi leader, in furtherance of his re-election campaign.

The Saleh regime made repeated claims of Iranian involvement in Yemen, but failed to back them up with supporting evidence.

The US believed Saleh's battles against the Houthis were ill-conceived, describing them as "dangerous and delusional".

In 2009, the US became especially alarmed by Saudi and Emirati support for Saleh, which it feared would expand "regional and sectarian dimensions" of the Houthi conflict.

It would appear that as usual we are getting some of the truth from
the mainstream news folks, but not all of it.

I would also appear they are bending the truth, and even a few
obvious lies are tossed in there.

My take on this as it really has been ongoing for over 10 years is
this is a civil war where a possible puppet of Saudi feared the
rise of this man with the last name of Houthi.

The citizens respected this man and named their movement after
him and are ready to die over it, and are sick of Saudi and other
outside manipulators messing with their nation.

This is merely my opinion, but it is shared by quite a few in Yemen.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech
Yemen is complicated to say the least. I thought I would post this short video for those who would like to sort some of this stuff out.

Democracy is the biggest threat to all the Oil Sheikdoms and with the new radical (as far as western views) developments in the region between the two major sects of Islam there really is a fire in the hole just waiting to be detonated.

Saudi has some of the best military equipment money can buy from the USA. That plus our intel support should have all bets placed on Saudi prevailing unless some force inside their own borders grabs them by the funholies and applies enough pressure to draw their attention inward.. The Wahhabist of Saudi as far as I am concerned could stand a little neutering however neither sect (Saudi / Iran) is worth a darn as far as world peace .... again just my opinion..

youtu.be...

Well I would post the actual video but my pop up blocker will not let ATS show the window for youtube. If someone can post please go ahead

edit on 7-4-2015 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Saudi has some of the best military equipment money can buy from the USA. That plus our intel support should have all bets placed on Saudi prevailing unless some force inside their own borders grabs them by the funholies and applies enough pressure to draw their attention inward..

Well I'd be inclined to agree with you on this until I read this...

Saudi Arabia asks Pakistan for troops to help fight Houthi rebels in Yemen

I found this surprising, then I found out that Yemen is the 3rd most
armed nation per capita.

Arms per capita

Add in the two Saudi F-15's shot down, one in the ocean, and one on land,
and they may not be the push over most people think.

I will admit if the US heavily backs the Saudis and Pakistan enters then
it doesn't look good for them.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

You also have consider the fact that the Saudis can send in ISIS fighters into Yemen.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

You also have consider the fact that the Saudis can send in ISIS fighters into Yemen.

Yeah and according to the Iraqis we resupply ISIS, go figure...

Iraqi forces shoot down US heli with supplies for ISIS

This confirms your statement about Saudi supplying them too:

ISIS supplies in Saudi marked boxes

I'll grant they could be forgeries, but based on other articles I do not think so.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

In 2009, the US became especially alarmed by Saudi and Emirati support for Saleh, which it feared would expand "regional and sectarian dimensions" of the Houthi conflict.

Isn't this exactly what the US wants? - The Middle East to be entrenched in regional and sectarian violence? This provides them with an excuse to keep their bases all over the Middle East - Order out of Chaos.

WikiLeaks is a Joke.
edit on 7-4-2015 by James1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: James1970

Yes, this is what the US puppet masters want, but I don't
think they planned on the Saudis having to ask for help
from the Pakistanis.

So while causing conflict is part of the plan, its not going
100% according to plan.

They thought Syria was going to be a push over, and it wasn't.

They are talking about a 3rd trip to pacify Lybia ? etc etc...

The provinces are not staying pacified as they planned.

The installed puppets sometimes end up having to run for their lives.

The Iraqi's are calling out the US for supplying ISIS with supplies
and blew the heli out of the air.

I just keep waiting to see when those 20,000 MANPADS from Benghazi
make their appearance, I have a feeling it will be when the US or Israel
makes a major attack commitment.

All I have to say about Ukraine is surmised in these videos...

Truth about explosion in Ukraine

100 foot crater 3 stories deep

edit on 7-4-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

US is infamous for supporting enemies of enemies of enemies

only to have it blow up in their face

Just look how they supported Syrian rebels who turns out were all ISIS,

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech
a reply to: 727Sky

Saudi has some of the best military equipment money can buy from the USA. That plus our intel support should have all bets placed on Saudi prevailing unless some force inside their own borders grabs them by the funholies and applies enough pressure to draw their attention inward..

Well I'd be inclined to agree with you on this until I read this...

Saudi Arabia asks Pakistan for troops to help fight Houthi rebels in Yemen

I found this surprising, then I found out that Yemen is the 3rd most
armed nation per capita.

Arms per capita

Add in the two Saudi F-15's shot down, one in the ocean, and one on land,
and they may not be the push over most people think.

I will admit if the US heavily backs the Saudis and Pakistan enters then
it doesn't look good for them.

One major thing to add about Saudi Arabia is that they only have roughly 28 million people. And up to 8 million of those are poor migrant workers in the Kafala system. There is strong nationalism there, but they seem to be allergic to a sustained war. And the Wahabis & other militia groups they send on foreign "adventures" are usually their poor & disenfranchised citizens, not the middle or upper class citizens.

Pakistan, on the other hand, has like 150-160 million people. And Egypt has 80-90 million (too lazy to check). The Saudis probably figure it's easier to use fighters from those countries since they have so many more people. Basically, send other countries' people to be cannon fodder or to be the "boots on the ground".

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well apparently the Saudi's are not doing very well. Apart from slaughtering Men, Women and Children of course which is all they seem to be good at!

In its ongoing effort to prevent the rise of “any popularly supported government in the region”, the US has joined Saudi Arabia’s savage war of annihilation against Yemen’s northern tribal rebels, the Houthis. The Pentagon has expedited the delivery of bombs, ammunition and guidance systems to assist the Saudi-led campaign and is providing logistical support to maximize the impact of its bombing raids. The US has also set up a “joint fusion center”, provided “aerial re-fueling platforms” and “advanced US-made weaponry” with the explicit intention of suppressing a militant group that overthrew the US-backed puppet government in the capital of Sanaa in the fall of 2014. The level of coordination between the makeshift Arab coalition (The Gulf Cooperation Council or GCC) and the US suggests that Washington is not only fully aware that food depots, water facilities, refugee camps and critical civilian infrastructure are being deliberately targeted and destroyed, but that the White House has given the green light to actions that will inevitably lead to widespread famine and social collapse.

No surprise there of course. The Middle East is in turmoil because of the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia. All for regime change as usual. Their puppet got bitch slapped and run out of town with his head between his legs. Now the Saudi's, Israeli's and Americans are bombarding Yemen with Bombs, Bullets and Missiles. And as per usual they are aiming at the innocent people. The forces targeting Yemen are the Terrorists not the Houthis!

Saudi Face Defeat In Yemen

‘Saudi warplanes target US intelligence-designated sites.Civilian men, women and children are considered fair game. They suffer most in all wars.

Deliberately targeting them is longstanding US policy – a shocking war crime by any standard.

Tuesday was the latest example. Reports indicate Saudi warplanes struck a populated Ma’rib area. A local source said dozens of defenseless schoolchildren were massacred in cold blood.

The exact number of dead and wounded isn’t known. The source indicated massive Saudi terror-bombing killed dozens.’

Cowards!

Saudi Led Terror Bombing Killing Kids

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So to sum up everything, the US and the Saudis are evil and Iran is a victim.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Well Yes as a matter of fact. How many countries has Iran invaded in the last couple of hundred years? How many countries has Iran attacked to covertly change their Governments. The answer would be ZERO. Can you say the same about the US? Or Saudi Arabia?

I think it is way too obvious who are the Terrorists and who are the innocents!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nova937

Well Yes as a matter of fact. How many countries has Iran invaded in the last couple of hundred years? How many countries has Iran attacked to covertly change their Governments. The answer would be ZERO. Can you say the same about the US? Or Saudi Arabia?

I think it is way too obvious who are the Terrorists and who are the innocents!

It must be nice to be naive. I got to try it sometime.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The trick is, the saudis have the tech, but they don't actually have the ability. The saudi military is purely nepotistic - hell, you can't be a pilot unless you';re both related to and personally vetted by the royal family. For fear of a coup, you see.

During the 1st Gulf War, Saudi fighter pilots were famous for having launch errors on their missiles - as much as 'not firing missiles" can b considered a "launch error." Mbasically htye just flew around, waved to the like, five MiGs Iraq still had in the air, and went back home. Their infantry was also really fond of advancing in a reverse direction - they happily left several Saudi Arabian towns and villages for the Iraqis when faced with such scathing combat as 'sidearm fire' and "boisterous shouting."

The saudis have the money, and the toys that money can buy. But money can't buy training, ability, and certainly not morale - The saudi military is basically a bunch of no-nowhere peasant grunts being ruled over by vaguely-royal commanders (who, again, need to be personally vetted by hterulers.)

Two military defeats, and the saudis will crumple like a schlitz can against Karl Malone's forehead. Which is why, like Israel, they are wholly dependant on the US for defense against anyone more ferocious than the average carjacker.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here is some insider information My GF (soon to be wife ) is from Yemen and she tells me the current leader of the Huthie's is the son of Yemen's ousted president. She says the present of yemen has openly made claims of being a Shia and he supported the huthie's at one point.

What's clear to me at this point is that the president of yemen has made some big mistake and now he seeks the aid of KSA .

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You just som1 by their actions not their words

top topics

join