It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender Evolution - Another Challenge To The Theory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
(post by Blue_Jay33 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

There were male animals and female animals (and plants!) long before there were human animals.

Even in the Bible.
edit on 11/4/2015 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
As one poster described it

What likely happened was that certain species gained the beneficial mutation of being able to combine genes both sexually and asexually. Since sexual reproduction is better for genetic diversity and adaptability, it prevailed and became the norm. Asexual reproduction phased itself out because it wasn't as effective and became irrelevant to survival, whereas sexual reproduction did.

I read that and something just doesn't seem right. The organs that became sexual for both male and female had to develop slowly according to evolution through either mutation or adaptation. The whole time they are not being used while they are developing because well they aren't ready yet, then one day they are ready, did the asexual ability get lost on this day ? How did all the species now know to perform the act of coitus to survive when they had never done it before? And how was every gender of every species in perfect synchronization both male and female. Evolution deals in millions of years of development, if one developed a hundred year difference they would die as a species

Wrong. You need to think outside of the box. At the risk of sounding like a liberal, you need to think outside of our modern gender binary

Here, I drew a schematic of my theory:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Gender Evolution - Another Challenge To The Theory

if i may propose a small correction...

"Gender Evolution: Another Challenge to My Understanding Of the Theory"

and by "my understanding" i mean yours.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
How often do we get credulous posters