It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS's lack of backbone in regards to the cannabis issue.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't know how long this thread will stay up. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I suppose it depends on who gets stuck moderating it and/or who actually takes the time to read it but I'm going to post it anyways. I have to. My conscience won't allow me not to, not after seeing what I just did...on top of what I have seen over and over in the past in regards to some things regarding the cannabis issue here on ATS.

Allow me to explain....in a sort of "rant" form, given I am told [here and abound] often that I am a bit harsh and come off sounding like I am "ranting" about various things...

So....

WHY?

Why, after all this time and the various changes in laws and policies in the US and abound....after the PLETHORA of responses here (and need I said, practically EVERYWHERE?) championing the FREAKING PLETHORA of evidence that cannabis is a VITAL drug that CAN AND DOES SAVE LIVES and in FACT eases various symptoms of a TON of different illnesses......why, oh why can ATS not get on board?

Why is there no stance taken besides the old (and severely outdated) T&C regarding discussion of "drugs".....though big pharma meds are discussed here EVERY FREAKING DAY with no recourse, editing, and/or banning?
Is ATS OK (or complaint) with the suppression of information regarding cannabis? I mean, I know a bit has changed. BUT IT'S NOT ENOUGH!!

In most all others areas, the members here are allowed to discuss personal experiences. Hell, people are here discussing big pharmas meds and their effects/side effects and PERSONAL EXPERIENCES....every....single....day. But if one provides some links about the healing effects of cannabis and then relays some personal experience to back it up (which I personally often find to be more viable than "studies"

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
mostly biased information, no matter who provides it) then it's taken down and, after a while...keep posting it and you will be "disappeared".....ATS style

Now, before everyone jumps the gun and gives me the old, tired ass responses.....let me say this (which I know, there will probably be that one or two that has already hit "reply" at this point...because they just can't wait to "school me" on this issue and the stance ATS takes)......
I understand it. I really do. I "get it". If we had a bunch of stoners around, discussing getting high (especially if it's conversation about harder drugs) then it really does pollute the site. Of course, there's already about a million threads not worthy of this site, devoid of ANY AND ALL substance, "polluting it"...but that's just my humble, personal opinion, of course.

BUT.....WHY can't ATS update this policy and moderate it in a different way?
ATS can't differentiate between those discussing cannabis on a "medicinal value" level vs an "I got sooo f'n stoned dude...blah blah blah, yata yata".?
How is it that a differentiation can be ascertained during discussions about various big pharma concoctions (maybe of which are derived from f'n plants, just like the one being discussed here...often, those plants are of the FAR more potent variety, btw).....yet, discernment is more often than not the case in regards to cannabis discussions. < I only say "more often than not" because I have actually seen a bit of shift, as I said, but only in some cases. In many others, the "more often than nots", I will be lurking a thread "real time" reading comments before there is time to take them down that are "medically related" personal experiences.......2 hours later, *snip*.

because this information COULD actually save lives....and it's information no more "fringe" or "controversial" than someone discussing the effects and/or "wonders" of some anti-depressant or pain killer (sh*t I've seen a million times over here)

edit on 7-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why is ATS standing on this policy?
Honestly, I'd like to see responses from the owners, but I don't expect it...and tbh, doubt that I will be around if they see this. I might very well be banned for posting this, especially if it's seen as "hostile" (which I'm not being, though I am ranting and venting a bit while writing this...it's only my thoughts on the issue in the end).......but we'll see about that. Heck, I doubt they'll be enough people read through all this to even see this wordy bunch of mess I'm writing here

ANYWAYS....onward rant >>>

Is this a money issue?
Somehow, I feel it may be...and that saddens me, even though I understand it (from the perspective of those standing to gain/lose, IF that is the case)

Where is NLBS on this issue? They've done like what.....44 f'n episodes now, yet haven't addressed this IMPERATIVE issue?
Sweet baby Jesus on fire, the ENTIRE F'N WORLD is discussing it for various reasons, yet NLBS is this far behind on this one? But hey, they can talk about "no dinos", 'cause god knows that will save a lot of people some strife and/or suffering [ < obvious sarcasm is obvious, but this is ATS, so that must be addressed each and every gd time]
Or did I miss something and am talking out my rear end? (Kinda doubt I missed that one, as I am around here quite a bit...but hey, never can tell about these things)

Is ATS afraid the discussion, especially a more "lax" stance [in regards to personal experience] would drive away some of the traffic here?
I'd imagine it would bring traffic....and not the kind that some think it would (e.g. the idea that it would bring the "wrong" traffic around more).....I think that's a bit outdated and backwards way of looking at it.

I see SO MUCH discussion by "good" [potential] people, members here and people around basically every site I visit and bother to read comments on.....discussion that IS what I thought ATS to be about; fringe topics, cutting through the establishment bs [at times] to find the truth.
....The truth is becoming clearer, for those willing to open their eyes and their mind. It's painfully obvious what is going on, and in many ways WHY it is (and has been) going on for MANY years.......it IS the epitome of a "conspiracy", yet it goes unaddressed, edited in ways that make it incoherent (or just plain edited out of existence)...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
*Suddenly gets tired of ranting....realizes that venting here is kind of useless, forgets what he is even on about

Anyways, this rant is basically for me. If others read it, so be it.

*Realizes he sounds like some kind of activist attempting to have ATS rallying for some cause (ie...."recruiting")......however, it's not the intention. Hell, there is no "intention"....just a rant. In the end, nothing will change here, not because of someone posting some rant...lol

I'm just sick and tired of seeing people suffer...both medically, and at the hands of the controllers because they choose to utilize such a wonderful substance, proven time and time again to be JUST AS medically beneficial, if not more so in many cases. Sick and tired of the bs lies....and sick and tired of the truth not being able to be displayed in "my home" (my internet home at least.....btw, I love you ATS. :lol

Of course, I know it isn't "my home", I just get to "live here" because "the boss" allows me to....but that is besides the point when it comes to how I feel about this place. This site really does mean something to those of us that have learned so much here. < K....done "buttering up" those with authority here

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Jesus, God almighty!

FINALLY got all that to post. What....the...hell.

I have NEVER had so much trouble posting something.
Strange, I would "preview" it and it would all be there.....would post it and half of it would be missing.

My second post....the "preview" showed it all. I post it. There is NOTHING THERE at ALL.

So I go back to take a screen shot of the preview....but decided to first attempt to post it again, it then shows up the post...

Oh well, broken up or not...it's all there.
Like I said, posted to vent....not "recruit" or whatever. Doesn't really matter.
Just strange how difficult that was to get up....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Cannabis Saved my grandmoters life..

She was dying.

Colon cancer..

She couldn't handle the chemo..

Cancer was still spreading..

She was depressed from carrying a bag of well you know on her waist.. That smell, and the chemo... She couldn't eat..

Her brain was turning off.. She was getting so weak.. losing too much weight..

And then like MAgic.. She got better.. She ate.. And slept.. And felt good..

THANK YOU Cannabis... Seriously Thank you so much. This was 5 years ago.. Her brain is back to normal.. She's quite healthy again..

Some People on this Earth ARE EVIL... And ATS should pick a Side.

Posting difficulties.. It's happening to me too.. ATS has been having an influx of yuckiness lately.. I was training with these guys.. They seem to be in here. Army types..
edit on 7-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Um… have you seen this?

It doesn't seem like you have.
edit on 7-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Authorization required?

dev.abovetopsecret.com/

Working Link below:

Link that Skeptic Overlord posted.
edit on 7-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Ah, sorry. I see now.
Thanks Knight.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: link works now

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

He's logged in as a developer of the site..
I gave the normal link.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I do see your point, and you aren't alone.

Many of us also believe the same as you.

But it is SOs world, we just play in it.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
Where is NLBS on this issue? They've done like what.....44 f'n episodes now, yet haven't addressed this IMPERATIVE issue?

Now I know you're not really paying attention, and just ranting on misinformed assumptions.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I have...and I understand.
Did you read my entire OP? It's in multiple posts because, like I stated, it wouldn't post initially.

Please read the entire OP....
I am not "advocating" anything. Simply venting. Is that not what this forum is used for?

Although, I did ask some questions.
I feel that enough people are speaking/have spoken up about the suppression of medical information....How is cannabis not part of that but basically ANY "big pharma" drug is......there is PLENTY of discussion (personal use and experiences) when it comes to those "medicines" (often poisons wrapped in a bow)....

So, because "the establishment" deems it to have "no medical value" it is regarded by ATS as having "no medical value"......is that the stance? (I'm honestly just asking...really don't care either way. Not being an ass, just wanting clarification)

And will add.....I mainly posted this because I got pissed (emotional "knee jerk") after reading a few different stories about children being stripped away from parents doing their best to SAVE them.....and realized that this is a discussion that NEEDS to be had....

I mean, here I am ranting...I go back to the forums and there is some NSA guy and the discussion is, "we need to help him get this information out because it's important"....yet this isn't important enough to discuss and at least verify or debunk the notion that cannabis can be and is a life saving medicine?
Is the information provided about the NSA going to save lives? Can it? We can "verify" or "debunk" that and have discourse about it, but not this issue?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I wish I could be more open about it.. I sort of understand not leaving traces of searchable words that say "Arrest me." Still though.. Wish I could.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Yes, yes...

I understand.....and said as much.

Just venting....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I've seen those.

Those discussions are not the one I am talking about.

Edit to add.....thanks for letting this stay up, even just this long...
LOL...thought I'd be crucified for this one

edit on 7-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
couple months late on this rant OP?

ATS has changed its policy slightly. Just go to Posse forum. Problem le solved.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

But that could be moderated out. Those "go ahead arrest me, I get high" types could be taken out of the conversation with haste, just as those that come here and spam or go on some profanity fueled rant are...

Notice how fast that stuff is taken down...?
The same could be applied to this issue.....and like I said, I think it IS being a BIT more now than it has been. It was a bit more strict and I have noticed a bit of "lax"....but it's not been addressed [the issue, or our ability to speak of personal experiences in a "medicinal...this substance healed this or that, did this or that"..etc etc...type of fashion]

Every time I dare post in threads regarding the issue I usually just post about how I hate prohibition because I fear that any discussion about "personal effects" of the substance is going to see me banned here. There's been nothing to address the recent shift I've noticed in allowing SOME comments to stand (which has been a good thing..like I said)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I see another didn't bother to read the entire OP before jumping in to comment

How very typical...

ATS has changed its policy slightly

It seems we have an echo in here....
edit on 7-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: no reason....just lol because I just went back through and realized others starred posts addressed in the OP...

edit on 7-4-2015 by Jakal26 because: Does anyone here bother to actually read the content anymore, or are most just so ready to jump in with snarky responses that they don't bother. *sigh

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

well whats ur main discussion? Do you have a Cannabis Medical article to post showing tests against cancer? Le medical forum.

Or Conspiracy against legalization VIA MSM? Posse.

As for general drug use, that is prohibited.
I don't really understand you're post OP.

Do an ATS search on medical cannabis benifits and there is still plenty of threads alive and not shut down.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join