It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

As CYBERCOM commander General Keith Alexander has stated the NSA does not have the capability to monitor domestic email communications. You can sleep well tonight!

That's actually a tough thing to do if you're wanting to sample them all. If you want to get ONE person's email, not so tough.

That said, they do a DANDY job monitoring stuff you send from little circumscribed environments where they're actually interested in what you're sending and have some motivation to put in the effort. So emails sent from, say, some military bases, or through cell towers in reach of the base could be monitored with less effort. Or places like that.

I've seen a demo years ago (posted here somewhere before all the recent NSA hooha, I think) where they produced some of my old emails like little rabbits out of hats.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'd be interested in reading the original version of your book before it was REDACTED BY NSA.
edit on 8-4-2015 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS greg! I read the book, and it is indeed a fascinating look at how government agencies work...or more specifically don't work together.
Sad really because you would think that such people in higher positions would recognize when internal conflicts are damaging the government's ability to gather valuable data, organize it, analyze it, and be able to act upon it by using the best tool for the job (instead of trying to re-create the best tool). And then squash any and all dissensions for the "greater good" as it were. Anyway cheers, and look forward to more stuff from ya!
edit on 8-4-2015 by AutOmatIc because: tools

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Hey, I understand what you are saying. I actually agree.

- you had me worried there. In a world that revolves around "making money" instead of "doing useful things" I often feel alienated. Of course, even in Europe, you have to ensure you get a steady stream of money to stay alive and to keep your family alive; it's just that in most parts of Europe we have (bareley..) sufficient State allowances for those that aren't able to establish that flow of money themselves. So, in practice, many people in Europe have some time at their hands to do useful things - and most do.

What I meant was, I wont throw on a uniform and don work tools /materials for free unless I love you. If I am working full shifts PRODUCING money for you....GIVE ME SOME!!

As I see it, our world is not in need of people that make money, but in need of people that do useful things to help each other. Give all you have and take just what you need. As it is now, 'making money' often gets in the way of 'doing the right, useful thing'.

About Greg: if Greg has something to share with us he should do so. The "mystery man act" does not work for me and to be frank: I don't trust Greg. He will charge money for disinformation and I'm not buying.

You can say what you want about Snowden - but he did spill real beans and does not charge money. He can't. If you are employed by the secret services you promised, signed for, even sworn an oath on it: not to tell. So, if you tell - you either only have useless disinformation to share (like Greg's - his book was even reviewed by the NSA) or you will tell dangerous stuff - in which case you won't make any money and may consider yourself lucky to be alive.

So, unless Greg is in Russia now - he is wasting our time. Mark my words.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
So, if you tell - you either only have useless disinformation to share (like Greg's - his book was even reviewed by the NSA) or you will tell dangerous stuff - in which case you won't make any money and may consider yourself lucky to be alive.

Or, there's other alternatives that aren't a false dichotomy. For all you know, Snowden is a talented actor, releasing things that they wanted him to release, and playing the man without a country bit.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

That said, they do a DANDY job monitoring stuff you send from little circumscribed environments where they're actually interested in what you're sending and have some motivation to put in the effort. So emails sent from, say, some military bases, or through cell towers in reach of the base could be monitored with less effort. Or places like that.

I've seen a demo years ago (posted here somewhere before all the recent NSA hooha, I think) where they produced some of my old emails like little rabbits out of hats.

You just described a local connection...

But if the backdoor is on your side. It doesn't matter where you are.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Or, there's other alternatives that aren't a false dichotomy. For all you know, Snowden is a talented actor, releasing things that they wanted him to release, and playing the man without a country bit.

Could be VERY true.
Is it that hard to stop one person?

I don't think it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

I know who you really are! But I won't say anything LOL

Oh, Q...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

originally posted by: greghansen
a reply to: Indigo5

Sorry - cannot say - not that I don't know, I just cannot say.

So what good are you for than?

Seems to me that your "tell all" is merely an attempt to profit from the very people you have done a disservice to.

K~

Are you joking?

Why not just call the Dept. of the Navy and ask them for the latitude and longitude of the entire naval fleet?

Telling all doesn't mean giving away strategic defense information. It is sad that people could be so utterly without education that they would ask someone for these types of information. Now go stand in the corner and think about that.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
So, if you tell - you either only have useless disinformation to share (like Greg's - his book was even reviewed by the NSA) or you will tell dangerous stuff - in which case you won't make any money and may consider yourself lucky to be alive.

I've often wondered if he was a plant sent to overstate US capabilities in order to gain access to Russian systems. He's certainly an interesting and confusing character.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

Welcome aboard.

I am looking forward to reading more of what you have to say.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

What a great post Sir. You're right, double intro thread creating expectations for a third one to sell a book.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Wow! I just wasted over 3 hours of my time. As people said, if it is too good to be true, its too good to be true. Sorry, but I think what we are hoping for is something like the pie in the sky to hit us with the truth on how we all must fear our employes of the US government.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

For all you know, Snowden is a talented actor, releasing things that they wanted him to release, and playing the man without a country bit.

Oh yes, there are many options. Russians and Americans might even be secret allies and Snowden may work for them. But I'll stick with the official story for now.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A lot of whistleblowers I have come across exclusively from ATS and a few other places are often quite brilliant scientists or experts in their field and were apparently enormously disillusioned enough from their experiences within different government agencies that they felt compelled to "yell it from the rooftops" - and maybe make some money while doing so, because they also apparently got canned in the worst way.

Many whistleblowers fit that same type of scenario. John Virapen as a former Eli Lilly big pharma insider, who pushed and promoted Prozac despite many serious health studies showing its risk, was all posh and making loads of cash and being corrupt beyond reason for years, until he had a fight and there was some backbiting and he lost his job. Then all of a sudden he unleashed his fury and wrote a tell-all book. He said that he was writing it because his conscience got the better of him in the end. This could be partially true. Perhaps it took an immensely humbling (read: personal) experience to accomplish that. On the other hand, when he gave radio interviews he often refused to divulge very much information and instead directed people to buy the book. In which case his love of money never actually left, but was merely turned against the people he felt screwed him over, in his own way.

[Greg, however, seems to openly welcome any and all questions - the ones he is allowed to or can answer. Also, I do believe he just admitted on the forum that his OP on ATS itself was edited with redacted information from an external source. Perhaps the NSA?]

Most Westerners [i.e. non-Buddhists who do not spend all their waking hours meditating on tops of mountains for world peace] have an inherent ego, specific talents and goals or aspirations. When anybody spends essentially a lifetime of education and personal pursuit in a career with their own set of accomplishments, they will tend to want to "toot their own horn" and seek validation and/or acknowledgement. Especially if said accomplishments were felt to be stolen or misused in some form or fashion, according to the perceptions of their own life's work...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So one NSA whistle blower is hiding for his life in Russia and another is promoting a book with a tantalizingly captivating title promising much but delivering nothing but a garbled resume. Sponsored by a website known for dropping their standard just to get paid..............Yeah im on the edge of my seat for the earth shattering revelations (where is the dam eye roll emoji)

If you have something to say then say it and be done with it. All this pretense with mystery and drawn out info is deleterious to credibility. Which this site seems to be losing by the day.

I only come here to check the trending topics so I know what BS NOT to believe.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
For those whining about the truth costing some money to learn, just think about how the world works. To get a story out to the whole planet requires a process that only works using the current system to write and publish commercially and have that work printed and distributed using that system. After that is done you can get it at the bookstore. What other way is there that works as well and reaches the masses with enough force to do any good?

There isn't any other way. And the average sheep will only discover these kinds of things at your local Barnes and Noble, so get over it and live with it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Barnes and Noble?? Whats that? A bricks and morter store hahahahaha you're living in the 90's

Ever hear of Kindle? Books are digital and with social media and the digitization of the world ANYBODY can write a book and self publish. This is his marketing campaign, this is the target audience....Oooooh the suspense I can hardly wait to be the first to discover how much the government are screwing us over so I can share the truth with my buddies over a beer..

WOW just WOW

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: greghansen
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

The answer to your question is "both." There is a great series of videos called "Great Decisions", one of which is called "Privacy in the Digital Era." I gave a lecture on that recently and one point I made is that we give away personal information all the time via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. We are complacent.

On the other hand, as I point out in my book, Intelligence Agencies are loathe to share information. Just look at the Boston Marathon bombers. We were warned by the Russians but the FBI didn't see fit to notify the NSA who could have legally (via FISA) done surveillance on the bombers.

There is no shortage of arrogance in the IC.

Welcome, Greg!

I have a book called The Shadow Factory by James Bamford that tells about the distrust between the FBI and NSA. This distrust failed to stop 9-11. I wonder how accurate this book is?

I'm very interested in reading the first chapter of your book.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

So, all this "big deal" made about you here at ATS (by the owners) and you can't even be bothered to stick with your own thread?

Wow...thanks for so many "shocking" revelations.

All you are doing is attempting to sell a damned book. Nothing more, nothing less.

You care not about this country. You're a sell out and you know it.
I agree with others here (that some are whining "have been harsh on you") you are a traitor to this nation, and now a traitor to the ones you defiled this nation for.....

.......I do hope you cash in enough on this book thing to find a nice island to disappear to.

Honestly, I'm not even remotely interested in what you have to say. Mainly because, as others have pointed out, if you had anything relevant to say, you wouldn't be prompting a book and making money....you'd be hiding from prosecution by the traitors in some country that granted you asylum...or you'd be dead.

Thanks for wasting our time and not even bothering to provide any substance beyond three different "introduction" threads about "your story" (aka your book)....

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join