It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: greghansen
a reply to: MysterX

"You worked with the NSA, were managing high level contracts and achieved quite a fair amount for the Intelligence community and were ultimately awarded and rewarded with praise and shiny awards and trophies etc.

You didn't spill your guts while you were being patted on the head, but only now, because of what? Sour grapes/injured ego?"
I did not manage contracts - I was a contractor. I did achieve quite a lot for the IC. I did "spill my guts" about wasteful spending and got booted out. Sour grapes? YOU BET!

You can start a thread now...It gives us more options.

Something like...I'm Greg Hansen...Ask me a question.

Unless, the Mods tell you different.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

Hey Greg..., after all those bullets you're already taking in this thread, sure you want to do the AMA thread?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Hey, I understand what you are saying. I actually agree. There are plenty of things I do for free. I wont even shy away from grueling manual labor if that is needed. I dont limit myself doing favors to only people that I love.

What I meant was, I wont throw on a uniform and don work tools /materials for free unless I love you. If I am working full shifts PRODUCING money for you....GIVE ME SOME!!

Also this guy wrote a book about his experiences meant to give insight from what I gather. Its not critical for the general population to know. If it were he would be appearing before congress or something. Its just some insight about one persons POV after working there. WHICH IS AWESOME since we are all mostly conspiracy minded.

Him being here offering his book and time is like those people who sell sun block and sandals to tourists on vacation by the beach. Its actually the perfect place, and we should be happy to have it offered to us. This is why we come here in part.

have a good one.
Hold it down.
edit on 4 7 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: whyamIhere

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Waaaaaaait a minute...just how many NSA agents have infiltrated this website?

What scares me more is...They all know each other.

Look. Part of the necessity of any intelligence agency is to think and act intelligently, right?

If you don't know and take part in your own community, what rights are you absolving yourself of by not participating and calling bull# on someone and something when you see it?

This guy's marketing his book based on evidence he accumulated on the internet. Much like those of you who are convinced there's 10k people working there when there's not. Plain and simple.

Intelligence is a much smaller world than most imagine it is.

After all, there's not a whole lot of intelligent life out there.

Hmmmm...I think I might prefer to read YOUR book. Got a link?

No, I write science fiction and fantasy and some 'mixed' reality work - as well as creating a game engine for Hollywood style video games on the XBOX and PC (C#/XNA type stuff). I'm trying to get into Hollywood as a director and writer..

I'll chat about my story as I find it's relevant to conversations - but truth be told - I have lived it once, I have no desire having to relive it again and again and again by telling the story other than explaining it's my past, ya know?

Thank you for asking though!

You definitely appear to be multi-talented. The SciFi and fantasy video stuff sounds like it might work out for you.
Have you done any work for the inFAMOUS series?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Waaaaaaait a minute...just how many NSA agents have infiltrated this website?

What scares me more is...They all know each other.

Look. Part of the necessity of any intelligence agency is to think and act intelligently, right?

If you don't know and take part in your own community, what rights are you absolving yourself of by not participating and calling bull# on someone and something when you see it?

This guy's marketing his book based on evidence he accumulated on the internet. Much like those of you who are convinced there's 10k people working there when there's not. Plain and simple.

Intelligence is a much smaller world than most imagine it is.

After all, there's not a whole lot of intelligent life out there.

Hmmmm...I think I might prefer to read YOUR book. Got a link?

No, I write science fiction and fantasy and some 'mixed' reality work - as well as creating a game engine for Hollywood style video games on the XBOX and PC (C#/XNA type stuff). I'm trying to get into Hollywood as a director and writer..

I'll chat about my story as I find it's relevant to conversations - but truth be told - I have lived it once, I have no desire having to relive it again and again and again by telling the story other than explaining it's my past, ya know?

Thank you for asking though!

You definitely appear to be multi-talented. The SciFi and fantasy video stuff sounds like it might work out for you.
Have you done any work for the inFAMOUS series?

No, I am new to game programming altogether. Most of my time was in corporate style development - ASM/C/C++/C# VB type stuff - from programming to analysis to architecture to planning and strategy and more. Heck, I had a time I was actually thinking about courting Obama for position of Director of the NSA which inspired me to get an MBA.

In any case, I digress, I am not really a fan of infamous. A big fan of things like Mass Effect, Worlds Of Warcraft (from an RPG basis), and the potential of Star Trek Online (it sucks as it stands I might add, and they dont hire my types there). So the stuff I'm creating is more satirically based - think Monty Python and Doctor Who meets Spaceballs and Galaxy Quest for video games.

Thanks again for the compliments.

I'm a bit beat down lately, so these are appreciated - and my apologies for the cynical tude. I'm working on that.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: universalbri

then is the technology available and utilized (as you suggest might possibly be the case for the OP) for NSA personnel to not just monitor, but travel between these alternate universes?

Yes. Regularly. It's not as straightforward as 'hopping' into a portal or anything of that nature, yet (that technology is still a WIP), but much of modern day technological advances are actually taken from what's retrieved and observed in alternate realities and universes.

If you've watched the tv show Fringe. A little bit of how this worked was intentionally leaked to the public through that show - They aren't entirely hidden about much of what they do - as they were more curious about the community's response to this 'fictional' show and were 'fishing' for ideas on different methods to communicate and interact with these alternate realities.

QE makes it possible for two communication devices to channel a single communication channel in like universes, for instance, which was actually a concept developed based on ideas of the community and a 'far-fetched' comment someone made about 'wouldnt it be cool if you could type stories to another reality'.

AS for the actuality or hypothetical nature of these realities. Einstein got hung up on this semantic too. It's all hypothetical until you witness it with your own senses, end of story. It's what we choose to 'believe in' that can and will shape what shifts from hypothetical to actuality.

On a final note. Starting back in 1999 and ending all doubt of the necessity in 2001, the NSA realized that monitoring alternate realities and timelines was a critical need to maintain some semblance of order in this linear reality.

Most 'secrets' are secret in this world because most people simply are not capable nor do they have any desire to understand what's possible and what's out there. To some degree I can't blame them. But then again. I enjoy knowing the possibilities now I just want to see some in my favor, if that makes sense?
edit on 201547.0 by universalbri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Looks like Greg isn't giving up a whole lot of info before unveiling the book which is his prerogative so I suppose I'd like to respectfully ask the site owners to what extent they endorse his claims given he's been allowed to advertise his product, what kind of vetting process they undertook to verify his credibility, why this is the best platform for his coming out beyond the obvious exclusivity and kudos for them and what they realistically believe the impact of his revelations will be.

I'm not sure I expect them to have the time or inclination to reply but if they do it would definitely be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
greg. ask the op for my information in private. op, you have my permission to hand my email off to greg (if you want to) greg, if you know who i am, let's chat, if not, then I would prefer not chatting.

but if not, i'd still like to hear more.

it's up to you.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Wow!!!!!!

Aren't you worried about a backlash from the NSA?

I mean they are ready to tar and feather snowden before they send him to prison.

Good on you though man, if folks don't speak out there is no way we the people will ever find out.

This will be a controlled leak from the people behind the NSA filled with B.S. and some small insignifiant truths to make him sound credible, this guy is probably an actor with a script, remember these people are masters of deception and propaganda.

Nobody would ever be allowed to do what he's doing right now without threats to life and family or manufactured evidence of crimes he did not commit stacked against him.
edit on 7-4-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

then is the technology available and utilized (as you suggest might possibly be the case for the OP) for NSA personnel to not just monitor, but travel between these alternate universes?

Yes. Regularly. It's not as straightforward as 'hopping' into a portal or anything of that nature, yet (that technology is still a WIP), but much of modern day technological advances are actually taken from what's retrieved and observed in alternate realities and universes.

If you've watched the tv show Fringe. A little bit of how this worked was intentionally leaked to the public through that show - They aren't entirely hidden about much of what they do - as they were more curious about the community's response to this 'fictional' show and were 'fishing' for ideas on different methods to communicate and interact with these alternate realities.

QE makes it possible for two communication devices to channel a single communication channel in like universes, for instance, which was actually a concept developed based on ideas of the community and a 'far-fetched' comment someone made about 'wouldnt it be cool if you could type stories to another reality'.

AS for the actuality or hypothetical nature of these realities. Einstein got hung up on this semantic too. It's all hypothetical until you witness it with your own senses, end of story. It's what we choose to 'believe in' that can and will shape what shifts from hypothetical to actuality.

On a final note. Starting back in 1999 and ending all doubt of the necessity in 2001, the NSA realized that monitoring alternate realities and timelines was a critical need to maintain some semblance of order in this linear reality.

Most 'secrets' are secret in this world because most people simply are not capable nor do they have any desire to understand what's possible and what's out there. To some degree I can't blame them. But then again. I enjoy knowing the possibilities now I just want to see some in my favor, if that makes sense?

I've never watched Fringe, but will check it out.
Did this tech come out of QE cryptography research at Stanford?
Also, do these capabilities exist exclusively within the confines of the NSA....OR is quantum entanglement communication used by our adversaries as well?
edit on 7-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hi Greg,
Welcome to ATS. I usually don't post, however, I really want to know did you see the
Information Dominance Center? I read about this center being designed for Gen Alexander by
A Hollywood set designer. He had a chair that would let him feel like he was Jean-Luc Picard according
to the Gaurdian newspaper.

Did you get to see the "Big Screen?"

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Who am I and how do I relate to the NSA? :-)

I know who you are...

You are the guy asking a ridiculous question.

Or, maybe one of the arrogant employees OP was referring to.

Either way...Stifle yourself please.

And you wonder why you weren't recruited.

lol!

You do see how we would not understand how he must know you ?

No disrespect intended...Not only are you one in 30,000, you are a random poster.

To be fair if he had some sort of job in HR everyone might know him

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Did this tech come out of QE cryptography research at Stanford?
Also, do these capabilities exist exclusively within the confines of the NSA....OR is quantum entanglement communication used by our adversaries as well?

ASU (Arizona State University) actually, if you're familiar with QE I am sure you're aware of the research they are doing on light based computing partnering with Microchip and Intel in their research park in Arizona, which even the big guys like MiT and Stanford are actually light years behind - pardon the pun. They're also on the cutting edge of IR Simulation, QE and QT, they just don't publish most of what they do - intentionally - as they're partnering with companies and the government for their funding.

Are they exclusively within the confines of the NSA? Oh no. Heck no. The computing initiatives are actually pretty open working hand in hand with the research communities of the southwest. Most of the east coast research facilities are considered dead weight with real research initiatives, as they are too busy playing these whack a mole security cyber attack games based on bad politics and corrupt profiteering as greg suggested was problematic.

Such questions!

As for adversaries. As greg can attest, if he speaks up, the notion of good guy / bad guy system went away in the last 10 years with research findings suggesting that this notion of labeling the cowboys vs the indians needed to mature substantially - based on psychological discoveries made by the CIA (surprise!) after the 9/11 attacks. There's still some old school types who like having their enemies, most of them with ties to politics - which is what made R&D shift to the southwest - but that is slowly but surely being deprecated over time.

My advice is - not to think of the intelligence agencies as research arms.

They're conduits. And selective disseminaters of ideas and information, and absolutely are expected to feedback into the communities they interact with when they make 'discoveries' which they had not been doing before unless it was for profit. Which kinda defies the purpose of having a government by the people for the people if the government's making a profit off the people.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Such questions, indeed.

Honestly, if I hadn't been so dumbfounded by your revelations, I would probably have found less-dumb questions to ask.
I had no idea this technology had not only been advanced so far, but that it has been so actively and, I hope, productively in use.

I just seems strange that with such awesome power to wield, the world remains so chaotic and untamed.

'"Is it not worthy of tears that, when the number of worlds is infinite, we have not yet become lords of a single one?"

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So, welcome to ATS.

I must say I am a bit of a skeptic already, just because having a position and loosing it seems to put people off about their previous employers as a whole.. employer is great while one is in good graces, get fired and the gloves come out.

Had you been unhappy with policy or any other aspect of your job while still in employ and decided things needed said it would gain you more credibility..

But I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and hear you out. I have downloaded a sample of the book onto my kindle, and will begin in the next two days as I am able to read it.. and we will go from there..

Hope you enjoy your stay on ATS, we are what we are... I'm sure you will fit in just fine!

edit on 7-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

He is a former employee... its easy to check one's references...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just bought the book !

armakirais

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I just seems strange that with such awesome power to wield, the world remains so chaotic and untamed.

It's only chaotic and untamed if your mind hasn't organized your perception of reality yet.

Awesome power?

Think about how fire might have looked like to a caveman or how a light bulb might have looked like to a rural farmer...

I can understand why these things might be regarded as awesome powers if you're not exposed to it on a regular basis. But to me, they're just tools and technologies - some released already without the public really knowing what they are - which make life easier in some ways and complicate it in other ways.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

He is a former employee... its easy to check one's references...

Yeah. Because you know how the NSA's going to have this information readily available for anyone to access...

lol

*ring ring* NSA? yeah. I just want to check if Edward Snowden worked for you? Not in this reality? Ok. On that note. Does MagnaCarta2015 work for you? Not in this reality? Ok. Got it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join