It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAllOne

Wow, So you have something against the plethora of members who have sold books or their art, fan fiction, or other work? Dont buy it, its not like membership here costs you anything. This is a book that covers some interesting stuff. Its not being marketed as classified material we morons will get to look over as we down pizza and beer.

Do you work for free? I dont unless its someone I know and care for dearly. The guy wrote a book, he SHOULD get paid.

Also, what has he done thats so wrong? Worked for the government? Big deal. Has it ever crossed your mind that not everyone who works for the government is a lab grown minion?

If I had the skills I would work for the government. Pay is good, job security, and you get to do some real good sometimes.

He isnt our enemy JUST for working for the NSA. What has he done to you personally, besides trying to promote quality content on a site you seem to like that we are all curious about?..... well besides you who knows it all.

Also, the rest of your post....

edit on 4 7 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: universalbri

Our OP seems to be MIA...How about answering a few questions for us in his stead?

What can you tell us about HRC?

Unlike the op/poster, I am not here to do an expose or create a revenue stream.

I'll chat about my life and my story, over beers or dinner, I'm homeless as a result of the way I parted ways - so this is me just being real, as I am tired of the mind games and all that goes with that line of work.

The intelligence community's a tight knit community. I'm suspecting some Chinese or Indians adjusted the wiki entry to place down how many they estimated worked at the NSA and CIA based on their utterly predictable methods of intelligence gathering and information acquisition.

And this guy here. His title's the giveaway. He comes across like Jerry Springer doing an expose.

To be honest. Working with the NSA is actually quite dull. Just a boat load of hours spent fixing a lot of other people's problems and messes and making them look good is about the best way to sum it up. I've since applied through my channels to the CIA. I have HEARD it's less of a mind game and since I can't find work anywhere else - we're going on three years now - I was tired of living on the streets so i applied.

I suspect when I told the 'right' people they can 'take this job and shove it up their ass' as I walked out of a meeting at Fort Meade in 2011, I probably I burned some bridges with the intel community for good.

When ANYONE starts a thread concerning the NSA with "Wow, have I got a story to tell" - unless they come from an alternate reality where the NSA actually does something truly interesting, it's not that hard to say *cough cough* bullsh*t, ya know?

However, I want to give the guy a benefit of a doubt. So if he knows me. I'd like to hear it here.

SO If you're in the intelligence community and you don't know me, then Houston we have a problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

originally posted by: whyamIhere

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Waaaaaaait a minute...just how many NSA agents have infiltrated this website?

What scares me more is...They all know each other.

Look. Part of the necessity of any intelligence agency is to think and act intelligently, right?

If you don't know and take part in your own community, what rights are you absolving yourself of by not participating and calling bull# on someone and something when you see it?

This guy's marketing his book based on evidence he accumulated on the internet. Much like those of you who are convinced there's 10k people working there when there's not. Plain and simple.

Intelligence is a much smaller world than most imagine it is.

After all, there's not a whole lot of intelligent life out there.

Hmmmm...I think I might prefer to read YOUR book. Got a link?

No, I write science fiction and fantasy and some 'mixed' reality work - as well as creating a game engine for Hollywood style video games on the XBOX and PC (C#/XNA type stuff). I'm trying to get into Hollywood as a director and writer..

I'll chat about my story as I find it's relevant to conversations - but truth be told - I have lived it once, I have no desire having to relive it again and again and again by telling the story other than explaining it's my past, ya know?

Thank you for asking though!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Thank you. You've been very open and honest. I think good things are ahead of you...for you.
I hope the OP can be as open and forthcoming as you've been. CHEERS.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I will say this... I myself always question the motives of a person who has information that the "public needs to know", but will only reveal that information for profit.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
If he's as good of an analyst as he says so yeah, he helped them a lot. I assume he wrote several data sorting algorithms that they use to this day.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Welcome, and no offence,
but i'll take your story with S**T load of salt.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Feeling uneasy ... are not NSA "Them"?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Who am I and how do I relate to the NSA? :-)

I know who you are...

You are the guy asking a ridiculous question.

Or, maybe one of the arrogant employees OP was referring to.

Either way...Stifle yourself please.

And you wonder why you weren't recruited.

lol!

You do see how we would not understand how he must know you ?

No disrespect intended...Not only are you one in 30,000, you are a random poster.

Where'd you get your statistics on how many the NSA employs?

Did you ever think those are fabricated?

Probably not. You like to think you know everything.

so, you seem to have a real fascination for star treks Q....why?....and why give Greg so much crap?...if he is out of the NSA, maybe he is just trying to make some extra bucks with his book....

Why give him crap? Simple credibility. I have nothing against anyone saying they worked with the NSA.

But in my opinion. And I will be honest - I was trained in Public Affairs, and there's a lot of good peeps (pardon the pun) who work at the NSA who are being demonized by others who have obtained information via the internet thinking they have enough information to act as an authority on the subject matter when they know absolutely nothing other than what other countries have learned - which is absolutely boo.

I had a man in Costa Rica ask me about two years ago - about the truth of 9/11.

Now how do I educate someone who's 78, who has always thought in a linear sense - about nonlinear timelines? How do I tell someone like that that - yes Apollo did in deed land on the moon and there's another reality where it did not so BOTH accounts are entirely accurate? And how do I explain that ideas create reality and the technology I worked with while employed with the NSA let us interact with these alternate realities and timelines?

On that note. YES there's the distinct possibility that Greg HAS indeed worked for a version of the NSA. Read up on the multiverse to understand how this is possible. All i am trying to get to is - is he a part of this one, here?

As for the reference to Q. Funny you should ask. We all have our secrets. I still have mine.

I am curious if our man Greg can answer mine.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal
Welcome to ATS.

I will say this... I myself always question the motives of a person who has information that the "public needs to know", but will only reveal that information for profit.

Kudos to you!

I am not against information for profit. But I am against the rhetoric and propaganda currently being used to manipulate the public mindset via fear and antagonism to sell it.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Thunderheart

my question is to S.O., will ATS, you or any of the 3 amigos profit from the sale of this book?

Who cares? He owns the business. Why shouldn't he be able to use it to generate profits? (Assuming that's even happening.)

because profits are evil, producing is evil. Best to stop working, collect welfare, unemployment, disability and everything else you can get your hands on.

Success is measured by how harwd you are, how much streetz credits you be havin, dawg. What other people think about you is da most important, hashtag homiez.

LIKE ME!!........NOW!!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I have to say it is so frustrating to be the kind of person that will actually wait to hear what someone has to say before passing any personal judgment about it.
Typical ATS couldn't even get past the first page without the attacks commencing. I'm sure if three quarters of the people that have attacked already were people that found themselves to be in the position of a AMA, and they were attacked like that right after their introduction, would probably say the hell with this, why bother, I have better things to do with my time.

Come on people, if you can't muster any respect could you at least muster a little common courtesy and wait to see where this goes. Some of us are truly interested.

I'm guessing the good news is, our guest has probably already had his skin toughened up from the very job he worked for and can take this.

Btw, welcome from one member that is interested to hear what you have to say.

Lost good troops along with several friends in vietnam because of damn spooks during my four tours with s.o.g .. nothing good ever comes from dealing with damn spooks .. respect is earned NOT given ... especially in the case of spooks ... had the misfortune of dealing with them enough to know what they are ...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

I'll be really interested in you 'Ask me anything' so I'll save my questions till then!

Welcome to ATS I hope your book goes well

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: holton0289

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Thunderheart

my question is to S.O., will ATS, you or any of the 3 amigos profit from the sale of this book?

Who cares? He owns the business. Why shouldn't he be able to use it to generate profits? (Assuming that's even happening.)

because profits are evil, producing is evil. Best to stop working, collect welfare, unemployment, disability and everything else you can get your hands on.

Success is measured by how harwd you are, how much streetz credits you be havin, dawg. What other people think about you is da most important, hashtag homiez.

LIKE ME!!........NOW!!

LOL!

I personally LOVE ATS. AS do many I used to 'consort' with. Believe it or not, this site makes us feel good about what we do.

I am sure you've heard of slashdot.org, right? It's the technical version of ATS. Unfortunately because it's technical, it's taken as absolute fact.

The beauty about ATS is people have an opinion here. People aren't Lemmings. and the operators of this site absolutely encourage free thought.

If these guys are using this site to sell books. All the power to them.

Even if it is 'fictional' and/or sensationalism - my hope is to see a wider array of entertainment offerings.

Not reruns of the X Files and the Bourne Identity over and over again.

On that ote. Did ya'all hear about XFiles coming back?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Welcome Greg! Can't wait to read your book!
I am curious as to what brought you to ATS??
(Apologies if you've already answered that and I missed it!)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Apollo did in deed land on the moon and there's another reality where it did not so BOTH accounts are entirely accurate? And how do I explain that ideas create reality and the technology I worked with while employed with the NSA let us interact with these alternate realities and timelines?

On that note. YES there's the distinct possibility that Greg HAS indeed worked for a version of the NSA. Read up on the multiverse to understand how this is possible. All i am trying to get to is - is he a part of this one, here?

Given a rudimentary understanding of alternate timeline/realities...Are you suggesting that various Actual...or Hypothetical alternate timelines are being physically monitored at the NSA?
If the former is true, then is the technology available and utilized (as you suggest might possibly be the case for the OP) for NSA personnel to not just monitor, but travel between these alternate universes?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

"You worked with the NSA, were managing high level contracts and achieved quite a fair amount for the Intelligence community and were ultimately awarded and rewarded with praise and shiny awards and trophies etc.

You didn't spill your guts while you were being patted on the head, but only now, because of what? Sour grapes/injured ego?"
I did not manage contracts - I was a contractor. I did achieve quite a lot for the IC. I did "spill my guts" about wasteful spending and got booted out. Sour grapes? YOU BET!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Intriguing.
I look forward to hearing what you have to say as well.

I hope the AMA thread is soon!

I do not know if that is truly a picture of you but, have you been told you bear a resemblance to Tommy Lee Jones?
Of course you have!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: TheAllOne

Do you work for free?

I know this question was not directed at me, but you hit a nerve here, so I'll respond.

Actually, many people work for free. In my part of the world - The Netherlands - it is more rule than exception. Our nation is often said to totally depend on voluntary labour and that, in my opinion, is a Good Thing (tm).

I dont unless its someone I know and care for dearly. The guy wrote a book, he SHOULD get paid.

If it was presented as a work of fiction, or a novel or even as pure speculation / fantasy, yes, probably. But that is not how this book is being presented. If the information that is presented in this book is of importance to the general public, it should be made available for the general public too - free of charge.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Greg and I am most certainly looking forward to what you have to offer here.
This is a big one in my opinion.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join