It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm an NSA Insider, and wow, do I have a story to tell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
welcome greg, and looking forward to the book and conversation. well done my man.
-b

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
This whole thing has got me so confused.

If i post a thread saying for example "I was once a CIA SAD Operative I have this amazing story to tell and I am going to do it on ATS, Just visit my YouTube Channel, the thread would be either shut down for breaking ToC by advertising my own Youtube channel or it would be ripped to bits by members quite rightly smelling a little bit of BS.

Yet If i have a self published book making the same claims all of a sudden I get the full backing of the Mods?

It really does kind of piss me off that if a new guy turns up like this they seem to get some kind of special treatment that is not afforded to those of use who have been hear for years.

What Greg is saying could be true, but this is yet another example of individuals trying to use ATS for advertising purposes. It annoys me because it detracts for the content being produced by members which in my view should be what the mods should be doing more to promote.

sigh.....

lets see what happens but I am not going to hold my breath for anything spectacular.

I have found nothing about Greg or his book other than on Amazon or on ATS other than a linkedin page. Not a thing, do we have any way of verifying your credentials Greg?

I think you missed the 2nd post. SkepticOverlord is allowing it. I'm still a newb here but SkepticOverlord's rank says "ATS Owner". If he/she really is the site owner and he/she made a point to vouch for the OP, there shouldn't be a problem, right?

As for the topic. Welcome OP. I wish I had some questions for you but a good portion of my friends & family are military, ex-military, and/or work for the US defense industry. (And the World of Warcraft guild I was once in was all defense contractors lol) So the things you're saying seem right on the dot to me, especially about the arrogance & refusal to share info.

So good luck to you & your book. And maybe I'll think of something to ask later.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Who am I and how do I relate to the NSA? :-)

I know who you are...

You are the guy asking a ridiculous question.

Or, maybe one of the arrogant employees OP was referring to.

Either way...Stifle yourself please.

And you wonder why you weren't recruited.

lol!

You do see how we would not understand how he must know you ?

No disrespect intended...Not only are you one in 30,000, you are a random poster.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What's up Edward?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Waaaaaaait a minute...just how many NSA agents have infiltrated this website?

What scares me more is...They all know each other.

Look. Part of the necessity of any intelligence agency is to think and act intelligently, right?

If you don't know and take part in your own community, what rights are you absolving yourself of by not participating and calling bull# on someone and something when you see it?

This guy's marketing his book based on evidence he accumulated on the internet. Much like those of you who are convinced there's 10k people working there when there's not. Plain and simple.

Intelligence is a much smaller world than most imagine it is.

After all, there's not a whole lot of intelligent life out there.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

What's up Edward?

Close. Same class. 2002/2003 at Fort Meade. But still way off in a way.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I know who you are...

lol!

No disrespect intended...Not only are you one in 30,000, you are a random poster.

Where'd you get your statistics on how many the NSA employs?

Did you ever think those are fabricated?

Probably not. You like to think you know everything.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: greghansen

Hello!

I have always wondered about the various big brother type software that is being used. I remember the fascination of hearing about project echelon for the first time. The fascination has never faded but the credibility of the sources has. I hope you can restore what, for me and I think many others, has been lost. It would nice to get a glimpse of how deep and far-reaching the data collection and analysis really go. For that matter, I would like to know honestly what the security sector of the government really thinks of the average citizen. I hope you can offer some insight into the thought process behind technology, not just the technology itself.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Waaaaaaait a minute...just how many NSA agents have infiltrated this website?

What scares me more is...They all know each other.

Look. Part of the necessity of any intelligence agency is to think and act intelligently, right?

If you don't know and take part in your own community, what rights are you absolving yourself of by not participating and calling bull# on someone and something when you see it?

This guy's marketing his book based on evidence he accumulated on the internet. Much like those of you who are convinced there's 10k people working there when there's not. Plain and simple.

Intelligence is a much smaller world than most imagine it is.

After all, there's not a whole lot of intelligent life out there.

Hmmmm...I think I might prefer to read YOUR book. Got a link?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

I asked another guy who claimed he was NSA if he knew who I really am. This doesn't require accessing resources you'd no longer be in touch with, so don't use that as an excuse.

I know who you are.

But we don't allow other members to reveal the personal private information of other members. So please stop asking.

You know what I told you to think.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

I dont know if you are insinuating that you worked there, or are a person of interest to the NSA....

are you initials BSG?

If so that is probably not your name. Intelligence agencies (I have heard) use specific names, generic names they all go by for chit chat. If you greet them with the wrong name then you are flagging yourself.

Its not a Tim?, Not a Tom.

Maybe the OP could verify that for me. I always thought as much, but never had it verified. Thanks in advance.

edit on 4 7 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
NSA has 30-40,000 employees:

en.wikipedia.org...

Did you see the big huge edit button on the wikipedia entry?

Consensus collection of information does not guarantee accuracy.

If anything. It serves more to provide a false sense of security among those who consume it like food in a dog bowl.

That's something the NSA learned a VERY LONG time ago.

That's funny you'd use wikipedia as a 'reliable' source in regards to a supersecretive spy agency.

Comical in fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I know who you are...

lol!

Where'd you get your statistics on how many the NSA employs?

Did you ever think those are fabricated?

Probably not. You like to think you know everything.

so, you seem to have a real fascination for star treks Q....why?....and why give Greg so much crap?...if he is out of the NSA, maybe he is just trying to make some extra bucks with his book....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Our OP seems to be MIA...How about answering a few questions for us in his stead?

What can you tell us about HRC?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So not only do we keep geting annoying adds on ATS.
we Keep geting Post selling books too!
how many Books has ATS sold us so far?
looks like they are just in it for the money now.

edit on 7-4-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and good luck with your book. However, given your previous place of residence and your "new" one here the words "frying pan" and "fire" immediately spring to mind.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The most interesting thing about the book to me is that if Greg was targeted by the NSA, it may provide some interesting clues to people as to what to do when or if they are targeted. Honestly, I would be most interested in a book by Greg that would describe what he does himself with his browsing habits. What sort of browser(s) he uses, plugins (if any), operating systems, and that sort of thing. I may pick up the book, just because I'm sure it would be a fascinating read.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I keep waiting for the "good guys" to knock on my door, asking me for assistance in saving the world.

It's OK, I know budgets are tight...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So he basically got #ed by the NSA, now he gets his revenge by revealing some unimportant stuff and, above all, gets to promote his book and doesn't reveal anything ( which means he doesn't want to help, he just wants your € ( or $ ) ).
Anyway, don't forget he's the kind of guy with no honor or sense of morality since he kept working for the NSA for a long time and knew very well what the agency is about.
And you all behave as if some god arrived. And the "SkepticOverlord seal of approval"? You guys seem to think way to highly about a guy that gets his notoriety only by keeping the same skeptic stance about every topic ( because he's afraid of being wrong, so he uses the safest position : that of not saying anything constructive and not risking being outbrained ).
If I was a mod I wouldn't let a man like that one promote his book on my website, especially one that's supposed to be about exposing such people, or has ATS become something else? I think the owner was too weak to endure the pressure he probably received from different malevolent sources and the website evolved into this ramassis of utter nonsense, with nothing interesting but some fools claiming to have found some truth about the bible, some human faces on Mars or other stuff ( not that it isn't real : for example, I'm pretty sure the moon is an artificial satellite and we aren't the first civilization on this planet ).
Don't walk too far off the path we're supposed to be walking here boys.

A (very) long time lurker that doesn't reply a lot, but when he does he makes it rain.

edit on 7-4-2015 by TheAllOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I keep waiting for the "good guys" to knock on my door, asking me for assistance in saving the world.

It's OK, I know budgets are tight...

I am waiting for the " neutral" guys to knock on my door, asking me for assistance in keeping the world in its tracks.

It's NOT OK, I know budget is not an issue....

PS: I do have a pretty good resume (in my humble opinion) but sadly not from the states..but if You ever need a abroad man, give me a call, or a knock ...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join