It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Angelo Batio: Double Guitar Shred Medley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I just found this while messing around on youtube. It's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I'd never heard of him before but I like his playing. In this video he plays a double guitar. I've never seen anyone do this before. I'm impressed. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Who needs a band if you can just hire him.

Awesome !

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

True. All he needs is drums and he's set.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
he was lead guitarist for 1980s band nitro,was fastest guitarist back then......rock on

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

technical question. i thought you had to pluck the string on the body to get it to vibrate, and once it was vibrating you could do all the fancy neck work. however, for 2 minutes hes just playing the neck. is that possible? if so, why do people bother with all the fancy body picking?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

And i struggle to play a mp3 player .

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Using a pick and plucking the strings is not required kit is there a specific spot, such as the body of the guitar as opposed to tapping or hammer ons and pull offs on the neck a necessity. There are a variety of techniques at your disposal when playing a stringed instrument, especially if it employs active pickups as opposed to passive. The difference being that passive pickupss are basically little more than copper wound magnets that transmit the frequency of the tone you're playing from the string, through the wood, into the pickup and finally to your amp. It relies on activation of the magnetic field when a string is played and vibrates across the pickup. Active pickups are battery operated and as a result more sensitive and give more gain and volume as well as sustain and consistent tone. It's much easier to do what Michael Angelo Battio is doing with active pickups than with passive. As long as you're able to vibrate the strings you will get sound to transmit through the pickups. As cool as what he's doing sounds, you're limited in what you can do and with a pick(or you can finger pick) you can play full chords, arpeggiated chords, sweep picking etc... Or combine playing chords with left handed tapping/ hammer ons and pull offs A' La Eddie Van Halen for example. I hope that answered your question instead of making it more confusing.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Neat, kind of reminded me of this guy, Zak Kim (but different).

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

It's called a hammer on and pull off. Just hitting the strings with your fingers causes the string to vibrate, which is picked up by the guitar pick up.

ETA I see that Peter Vlar beat me to it, and did a much better job at explaining it, too.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

That was cool! Funny too. I don't know why but it really made me laugh.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You and me both.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

LMAO with what tune he demonstrates that !
edit on 7 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here he is being even sillier.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Been around forever....I suggest digging up some of his many videos!

He plays without group using sequencers.

new topics

top topics

join