It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible says Jesus is Lucifer, not the devil (2 Peter 1:19)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Lucifer is just a title. Venus was called Lucifer and sometimes still is by some alchemists/astrologers. Heylel ben sachar (Lucifer the shining one and son of dawn) as Isaiah wrote in the bible was still only a TITLE.

He was calling a babylonian king that TITLE to mock him (sarcasm). This king said he wanted his throne to be above the stars of God, so calling him Lucifer - Son of Dawn - Venus would be the perfect way to mock him.

If you read the bible in the original Greek and read 2 Peter 1:19 , it refers to Jesus Christ as Phosphoros and in Latin as Lucifer.

Latin: Lucis (of Light) + Fero (Bearer) = Lucifer (Light Bearer)
Greek: φωσ (phos/light) + φορος (phoros/bearer) = φωσφορος (Light Bearer)

"et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris" - II 2 Petri 1:19

"και εχομεν βεβαιοτερον τον προφητικον λογον ω καλως ποιειτε προσεχοντες ως λυχνω φαινοντι εν αυχμηρω τοπω εως ου ημερα διαυγαση και φωσφορος ανατειλη εν ταις καρδιαις υμων" - ΠΕΤΡΟΥ Β΄ 1:19

"We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." - 2 Peter 1:19

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
No wonder the Illuminati are all Luciferians because they all believe in Jesus and do nothing but good.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Devil worship with blood sacrifices are taught in the bible. It says to sacrifice lambs and goats for yahweh the devil. Paul, an anti-christ, claims Jesus is a human blood sacrifice to make the devil/yahweh, happy for being displeased with humanity.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think it's ridiculous to take the Bible literally, or to scour its pages for obscure references and hidden meanings. There's absolutely no evidence it's the word of God.

Just be kind and good towards others and you will receive good things in return.

My two cents.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

But people don't see things that way. They call yahweh the devil who demanded blood sacrifices God.

As long as people keep worshiping yahweh the devil, they'll keep trying to cause problems for every one.
edit on 6-4-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

The word in 2 Peter is indeed what you claim. There is no connection to Lucifer (as a term for the Devil) in the original language. The connection is only made if you combine Latin, Greek, and King James versions to twist the meaning into something it clearly does not say.

phōsphoros

light bringing, giving light
the planet Venus, the morning star, day star
metaph. Christ

This is the word for Lucifer where it is used in reference to Satan.

heylel

Lucifer = "light-bearer"
shining one, morning star, Lucifer
of the king of Babylon and Satan (fig.)
(TWOT) 'Helel' describing the king of Babylon

It's a completely different word.
edit on 6-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Heylel does not mean the devil, either. It just means "shining one". The full title being "Heylel Ben Sachar" which means "shining one, son of dawn" who Isaiah sarcastically/mockingly called a Babylonian king.

No where at all in the Bible at any point does it say the devil's name used to be Lucifer and later his name was changed.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My point is the only time Satan is referred to as Lucifer is a completely different word than is used to refer to Jesus.

heylel

Satan's actual angelic name is never given that I can actually recall. The word Lucifer in English misses a lot of context from he original language.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Isaiah doesn't refer to satan as Lucifer , only a Babylonian king. Satan wasn't mentioned.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Isaiah doesn't refer to satan as Lucifer , only a Babylonian king. Satan wasn't mentioned.

Isa 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

First, how does a Babylonian king fall from heaven? How are they cast down to Earth?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It's a metaphor. Did Satan rule the nations in heaven? No. Satan rules the world now because he is in rebellion against God and Heaven according to the Bible. Does satan and his family need a funeral? No.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

It's a metaphor. Did Satan rule the nations in heaven? No. Satan rules the world now because he is in rebellion against God and Heaven according to the Bible. Does satan and his family need a funeral? No.

Yes, it's a metaphor. The verse does not talk about ruling nations, which would be fine if it did, it talks of making them weak. The verse seems to be drawing comparisons between Satan and the Babylonian king. Isaiah talks about them both.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It is day star not morning star in 2Peter 1:19. What star do you see in the day.

Isaiah 14:12 it is lucifer not translated to light bearer because it is a name. Anyone who translates it makes an error. He is called a son of the morning because he was created early on before there was an earth.

The error of many is they do not believe God preserved his words to our generation. So they are left to their own devices to interpret gods word any way they feel fit.

edit on 6-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Either way we are going completely on a tangent. Jesus is not Lucifer, nor ever referred to as such. Two words, one with a positive context and one negative, are used.

phōsphoros is only used in one verse I believe, and has nothing to do with Lucifer. The only word that DOES have any context of Lucifer and being associated with Satan is a completely different word.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

If you can't understand it in English you will never understand it in Greek Hebrew or any other language

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

If you can't understand it in English you will never understand it in Greek Hebrew or any other language

Except everything you posted is wrong. I already gave the actual word used in Isaiah, which was not in English. Bye.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
I think it's ridiculous to take the Bible literally, or to scour its pages for obscure references and hidden meanings. There's absolutely no evidence it's the word of God.

Just be kind and good towards others and you will receive good things in return.

My two cents.

Not to mention, if you're going to try and cite Greek as the basis of your claim, you should probably try ANCIENT Greek not the google translatable modern version. Big difference. Etsi eina zoie

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just to add to the debate:
The other time where the word "heylel" was used in the bible is in Revelation 22:16
“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

I did the bolding.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Quite simple totally WRONG.

Here is the passage from the new testament
The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." 18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.…
Cross References

And here is the Passage from Isiah speaking of the same event but calling SATAN LUCIFER.
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

And here is the Passage from Revelation that reiterates it.
The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Now what Does Christ say to those that mock him by wrongly calling him Lucifer when in fact he is one with the father and was before Lucifer, the so called GOTU but whom is actually not as Christ is the true architect.
Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"

And in the Gospel of John does it not say the PRINCE OF THIS WORLD IS JUDGED AND DAMNED.

If you are looking for the false Synagogue who are the synagogue of satan when look no further than the Lodge.

Sorry but God is not a two faced liar and the devil is.

God created the universe, he spoke it into being.
His word is truth

Satan did not create it and he is the father of lies.

CHOOSE YOUR ETERNITY or is the short term gain of a few pats on the back worth losing your very soul for.
CHOOSE NOW in the name of Yeshua HaMeshiach Emuel God incarnate the living word of Yaweh.
edit on 7-4-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Lucifer a.k.a Light Bringer, is the counterfeit light. Just like the moon reflects the Sun.
Jesus declared himself to be the bright morning star in Revelation 22. Jesus is the true light , while Lucifer is the false light.

Lucifer is not mere title. Lucifer is Satan and the light be brought is knowledge. The god of Freemasons and other mystery schools is Lucifer. They do not believe in the God of the Bible and neither believe in a literal devil. Their god is the worship of intellect whereby man can perfect himself and become 'God' or Christed.

Some declare Jesus and Lucifer one in the same, they are liars or outright stupid.
edit on 7-4-2015 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join