It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like somethig strange is going to happen or maybe is already happening

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

first, Lyrica is for pain.. and meds are only necessary if a doctor tells you they are. And for that, the doctor recommends..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Are you trying to convince me (a pharmacist) that Lyrica is not used for anxiety and depression?

Anyway, from Wikipedia:
"The World Federation of Biological Psychiatry recommends pregabalin (LYRICA)as one of several first line agents for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, but recommends other agents such as SSRIs as first line treatment for obsessive-compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.[12] It appears to have anxiolytic effects similar to benzodiazepines with less risk of dependence."

Btw, from my knowledge, doctors usually prescribe the pill which makes them the best profit.
They ain't interested in your Heath.

Lyrica is made by Pfizer, the biggest PHARMA company on Earth at the moment, so they can pay A LOT.
Doctors get their Money. you pay for the drug, we get your Money, we give something for the distributor and the rest goes to pfizer as a Pure profit.

everyone in this business is payed-off, except for the custumer, who only got more screwed than before and even payed for it

I've seen doctors laughing their arses off because of this at the meetings
edit on 12-4-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

www.webmd.com...

Neurontin is a medication for epilepsy,. but one of its side effects is that is was found to block nerve pain and it began to be used in MS patients. They developed Lyrica as an alternative to the pain relieving aspects that are found in neurontin, without as much of the other side effects that neurontin causes such as being tired..

It is used in MS patients, RSD patients and Fibromyalgia patients as well as people with diabetic nerve pain, etc.. whom it works better for.. although it can still be used to treat seizures as well...

Wiki does not appear to know everything, and if you were a pharmacist you would know why Lyrica was created and what it was created specifically to treat..
edit on 12-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You are wrong.
Lyrica is prescribed for anxiety like a candy.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Large Hadron Collider is whats messing with alot of peoples moods and actions.

Its messing up our earths manetic fields and causing chaos among earth weather conditions ,animals and humans alike.

CERN/16 Tev/Earth's Shields Hammered.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7/30/2012 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You Gotta be kidding me mate, most of the damn pills are created for something and then used for million other indications as it is profitable...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I am 46 years old and can remember the day Lyrica came out and why it was developed..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I know why it was developed....
But this is what i am saying...it has changed.

Primarily for pain. Ok.
Now for the anxiety as well...

Go to your local pharmacy and ask them

Ask them this;
"I've been told by a friend of mine, who is a pharmacist that there is a drug called Lyrica used for anxiety and depression, is that true?"
edit on 12-4-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I am 46 years old and can remember the day Lyrica came out and why it was developed..

That's not what the other person is arguing. Often some "side effects." to the original purpose prove "useful." Or to put it another way, use the same drug on as many people as possible.

Lyrica is commonly used for Anxiety as far as I hear. It seems to be most used for GAD.

And basically anything that numbs your responses to stimuli will also reduce anxiety.. I prefer Heineken. That's the brand name of the drug I use lately, but there are cheaper generic versions available as well. Some of those may or may not have increased side effects do to purity levels of ingredients.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join