It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huxley NWO vs. Orwell NWO, Which is Worst and Most Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For those of you who have read Brave New World and 1984, which is probably all of you, which NWO scenario do you think is worst and most possible? I'd have to say 1984 because not all of the world would cooperate in the revolution. Brave New World's caste system is kind of far-fetched also.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by invader_chris
For those of you who have read Brave New World and 1984, which is probably all of you, which NWO scenario do you think is worst and most possible? I'd have to say 1984 because not all of the world would cooperate in the revolution. Brave New World's caste system is kind of far-fetched also.

1984 has always given me the creeps. The book is loosely based on the USSR, with Big Brother being based on Stalin, and Goldstein on Trotsky.

However, the threat today seems to come from militant right-wingers (fascists) instead of militant left-wingers (communists). Nevertheless, the type of government/social system described in 1984 could easily fit a rightwing dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Orwell was a true visionary thats for sure. Great book.
Lots of things in real life are getting to be just like that.

When I was in boot camp back in 88, they sent us to a class im not quite sure but I think it was called AO Yellow. Everything was AO (color).
They told us a guest officer from the Cuban Militay was visiting the base, and would like to brief us on what he was seeing. He then gave us a slide show, and talked about how lazy we were and superficial, a real insult fest while showing pictures of dead american soldiers in trenches, threatening that their hardcore dedicated soldiers, would cut our throats when we fall asleep on post. The intended reaction was to piss us off, and for the majority it worked. After the first few outbursts from the crowd, it soon turned into a frenzy. And when he demanded that we salute the new US flag, which had a soviet Sattelite emblem in the corner, the place went nearly to a riot. Chairs were flying and people were screaming. The drill instructors, who up untill that point wouldnt let you crack a fart without permission, just stood in the rear and watched the whole thing. At the point where it seemed to get out of control, the "Cuban" left the back of the stage, and Ole Glory came on the screen blaring "God Bless America".
The frenzy of hate instantly turned into pure joy as the whole company cheered and cheered. The whole time all I could think when I was there was how it was exactly like the "2 minute hate" to a tee. I didnt get emotionally involved myself in the incident, because from the get go I understood what that was all about from the good old book 1984.

new topics

join