It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we always see bodies/figures during sleep deprivation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

That is true and a great description that their environment is our altered perception of the reality/Universe. There could be layers of consciousness in reality as in theories that our consciousness is connected to the Universe, aka parallel dimensions.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
In my opinion, hallucinations are just as real as anything else. A hallucination is just a "species" of reality. It's a part of your experience, and it can influence you just as anything else can.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ohh I see some people debunked brain.

WHAT if this are not hallucinations?
What if your are using your brain for a first time?
How come brain can be so dumb to watch stupid shows and have nothing against it?
How can your brain play poker for 50 hours and not saying, your wasting your precious limited time?

There are more scenarios where your brain is malfunction, but when ur brain finally starts to talk to you, you call this hallucinations.

Sorry guys, but I call this brainwashed.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man Funny to read your post on "Shadow Figures". I see them out of the corner of my eyes quite often. The weird thing is that it's always from the waist up, I never see legs. However, I don't have to be sleep deprived in order to see them.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I see a lot of Bagpuss also but not due to lack of sleep.

Here is Bagpuss....UK show when I was a kid.(i know you would nopt know dear ole bagpuss).

I m not from UK, in my conscious mind i have never see this bugpuss before. But by going trough the posts i noticed your post and i had a crazy ludicrous dream about this creature.

It happen when i was trying out Polyphasic sleep, i was very sleep deprived. I must wake up at 3AM and stay awake for 3 or 4h then go back to sleep. But then it happen, i wake up and went down and at my house entrance door was a bugpuss, laying on the floor, door were open and it was very dark, so i didnt see the color of the bugpuss and i m not 100% sure it was bugpuss, but it was some kind of creature very familiar to bugpuss. I # my pants and wake up at 3AM and then i repeat everything that happen in my dream, but bugpuss was not there and entrance door was closed.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I drove across the states from Vancouver to Chicago once, non stop mostly because I was driving a Fiat (too small to sleep in it). Anyhow, I had meant to leave in the morning after a decent sleep but got distracted at a party and left after having stayed up all night.

Not sure how long I was awake but by the time I reached North Dakota I was exhausted and decided to find a hotel. The highway that night was so foggy that I lost track of space and time and could barely stay on the road or stay awake let alone find a town with a hotel. I contemplated parking but didn't because it was too dangerous in the fog.

Then out of the blue, I was jolted alert because I saw an elderly native man walking, holding the hand of a little boy at the side of the highway. The car drifted a little into the other lane as I slammed the brakes but I looked behind me and there was nothing there. So spooked.

So I've seen people when crazy tired... what it means, who knows.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
On a good night, I might sleep 5 hours, but often I will sleep 2-3. (I am consistently sleep deprived for 30+ years since I was a young child).

I remember when I first saw the figures and remember it did freak me out some, but after so long I now just play with the images.

I know for a fact it is just a mix of dreams and imagination while being partially awake still.

I now form the images into extremely realistic people with very detailed embossed looking faces and then make them move. Often it is hard to keep them in that state as parts of their faces will distort, such as, their eyes will deform, the details of their face loose clarity, and my imagination will get too crazy and I will begin mixing animal faces with the human ones in some disgusting configuration.

Sometimes tho, I can keep it going for quite a while and have some real fun with it.

It has become a fun little past time of mine and have never heard of anyone coming close to it other than this post.

After googling "blurred face black and white" and similar searches, this is the closest I can find to almost what it looks like.
edit on 7-4-2015 by RazielBlaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

prolonged sleep deprivation and if practiced often will lead to brain cells dying and shrinking

just a warning

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: game over man

The way the hallucination works is that any light or shadow in your room forms into a body/figure, if you have been up for over 24 hours and are awake staring around the room

No it doesn't.

I've been awake far longer than 24 hours....never had an halluciation at all let alone one that forms into a "body/figure"

What makes you think that "We all" have these hallucinations?

Exactly. There have been times I've been awake for five days (yes, it happens), and at no point did I see anything out of the "ordinary".
More generally, it's very dangerous to think in terms of "we" and/or "always", OP.
It's unproductive, to say the least.
Try phrasing everything as accurately as possible. You started well, then suddenly descended into generalization.

edit on 7-4-2015 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Interesting story.
Sometimes people see things out of the ordinary when "crazy tired" because the rational mind drops its defences.
The fact that I, for example, can go days without sleeping (and yes, I get crazy tired) yet I DON'T see such things, any "hallucinations" at all, tells me that the usual mechanistic interpretations might be wrong.
Especially because I *have* seen extra-ordinary things while fully awake and rested.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Holy # maybe bagpuss is one of these inter dimensional beings!.
All hail bagpuss!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I regularly go several days with absolutely no sleep.

No hallucinations.

Never had them, not even with mind-bending drugs.

Not only no hallucinations, but not even all that tired.

I guess I'm just a tough old bird with a steely constitution...or so my giant pet unicorn, Harry, assures me. And he should know, for he is the very same Harry who wrote the holy verses of Thwaag with the immortal line, "and one shall come amongst you who needeth not sleep, for it is for wimps."

Thank you.

It's time for my lie down now.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
When someone has a near death experience it's the same phenomenon as haunted house or shadow figure, and what I'm getting at is as our mind becomes adjusted to this reality is our mind observing the universe in a physical state that is different than what we normally observe?

Do we exist in a reality where .........um...

You see many people experience this, and we all have the same brains,

we all are human

So does this reality, is it a conscious collective, or a collective consciousness?

It's so abundant does this dream state exist in actuality as a "fabric" to our 3-d world?

Where it's structure is almost a mist? Or ora that is borderline to our consciousness or imagination?

If it can be mapped out 4 dimensionally, adjacent and parallel to our consciousness.

If that is so, do we have an intelligent life that exists in this realm? Does it interact with us?

That is what I'm asking

How do you know that these hallucinations don't have an intelligence of their own?

If there are wormholes all around us, and the LHC can make tiny blackholes, then you know our existence can have another existence on the other side if you explode/rip through it.

To ignore these layers in reality is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Some people get sleep deprived faster and some need more time. There is a guy in Taiwan or in Asia somewhere, he had brain fever and now he cant sleep. He is wake for ages. He is not very popular because it is in some weird part of the world, but all people around him know that he dont sleep.

He also dont see any shadow beings or other out of this world creatures.

So if you dont see it after 5 days, then go for 10 days without sleep.

And what other guy up there type, sleep deprivation will lead to brain cell dieing.
So you better sleep like a baby. (but i m sure too much sleep can do same thing)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
And what other guy up there type, sleep deprivation will lead to brain cell dieing.
So you better sleep like a baby. (but i m sure too much sleep can do same thing)

But to put into perspective, brain cells are constantly dying and regenerating. So its not like going without sleep is going to eventually give you brain damage or something.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Some people get sleep deprived faster and some need more time. There is a guy in Taiwan or in Asia somewhere, he had brain fever and now he cant sleep. He is wake for ages. He is not very popular because it is in some weird part of the world, but all people around him know that he dont sleep.

He also dont see any shadow beings or other out of this world creatures.

So if you dont see it after 5 days, then go for 10 days without sleep.

Right!

And some people are able to be tuned into something different, enough to get the whole room feeling that way. It's all the same dimension. They can do this without sleep deprivation or the assistance of anything.

That is what I'm saying, it's an energy.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

But to put into perspective, brain cells are constantly dying and regenerating. So its not like going without sleep is going to eventually give you brain damage or something.

Yea i agree with that. Brain will never allow to die. If you stay too long from sleep and get deprived where you could get brain damage or die, i m sure brain will push the sleep button and you will crash and sleep.

The guy in Taiwan that don't sleep, some scientist say that his brain found a way to regenerate during a wake time. But i think he is not too smart guy, because he watch cattle or something like that. And maybe that daily simple tasks don't really need the brain to process lots of stuff on daily basis.

But if you wish to be master Yoda you will need to get sleep or your force will be low.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I used to be good friends with a trucker that told me about a phenomenon where sometimes truckers who are driving at night and are very tired will see a something cross right in front of their truck they refer to as a black dog. I often drive at night and sometimes when I'm really tired and my eyelids are drooping I will occasionally think I see something--in the road in front of me. I'm sure it's a combo of the headlights in the dark and my tired brain, but man the resulting rush of adrenalin really wakes me up!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RazielBlaze

Wow great story...

Why do some of us have these encounters?

Are all the people who claim physic abilities, being able to communicate with the dead, all hoaxers?

If space and time is curved could our reality actually be an optical illusion? Therefore during certain environmental changes or changes in perception of space and time (sleep deprivation) enable us to view a different dimension? Could this dimension be swirling with metaphysical matter that our eyes and brain naturally hallucinate into objects or people?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join