It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Imprisoned After Filming Eric Garner’s Death, Refusing to Eat, Rat Poison Found in Jail Food

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Man Imprisoned After Filming Eric Garner’s Death, Refusing to Eat, Rat Poison Found in Jail Food

22-year-old Ramsey Orta, the young man who filmed the NYPD killing Eric Garner, was arrested shortly after on trumped up charges. He has since been locked up at the notorious Rikers prison in New York.

Immediately following the killing of Eric Garner, Orta was stalked and targeted by police. They allegedly scrutinized Orta’s daily life until they were able to find something to charge him with. Eventually, he was confronted by police who illegally searched him and arrested him for the non-violent crime of carrying an unregistered firearm.

Orta had expressed concern for his safety after his arrest because he was sure that the police were retaliating against him for exposing what they had done to Eric Garner.

While in prison, Orta has taken seemingly drastic measures to ensure that he is not killed by the gang he witnessed murder Eric Garner. Orta has been refusing to eat, as he fears that guards may poison him because he is a high-profile opponent of police brutality. Sadly, Orta’s fears were well-founded. While he has been behind bars at Rikers, dozens of other inmates have reported traces of rat poison in their food, a claim that was actually recently admitted by prison officials.

The article further writes: "It was reported by the New York Post last month that 19 different inmates were denied medical testing after bluish green pellets were found in their food. The prison admitted that these pellets were rat poison, but failed to give the inmates medical attention, and failed to offer any kind of explanation as to why the prison’s food was tainted with rat poison." based on a NY Post piece;

Medical testing denied for inmates who say they were fed rat poison

Of course the more time passes the more difficult it would be to prove anything, they would have had to have toxicology tests done immediately, but prison being prison, that wasn't going to happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You would think some big civil rights lawyers would have this poor guy in protective custody by now.

Something's not making sense with the whole story.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Whisky tango foxtrot over!!!

Command we have a FUBAR situation here!!!!

How are the prison guards not in prison for this?

Its OK to give inmates rat poison now?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Seems the NYPD is worse then the criminal element they are policing. No wonder so people fear a meeting with them anywhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
You would think some big civil rights lawyers would have this poor guy in protective custody by now.

If you believe even 10% of the police stories we see on here every day then it isn't that hard to believe at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Your right my friend! Rat poison in prison food is something not likely to pass the muster. Something is definitely wrong when the lawyers aren't touching it! What I find odd is the things Corporations put into the normal food the populous consumes and not a peep.....

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I love that the article is trying to link two completely different things together. Orta's food wasn't poisoned, it was 19 other inmates who claimed it.

The jail wasn't the one that denied treatment. A judge refused to order the jail to provide further treatment, in response to the petition filed by the inmates.

They (the inmates) did a good job of trying to tie it all together with a neat little bow, though. One of them is quoted as saying "Being denied the proper treatment is causing me mental and emotional pain and distress, anxiety, mental anguish and stress,”

Ticked off all those buzzwords nicely, didn't he?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yankees,can't TRUST 'em.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The two are linked. Orta refused to eat because he was advised about the rat poisoning other's food.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I love that the article is trying to link two completely different things together. Orta's food wasn't poisoned, it was 19 other inmates who claimed it.

The jail wasn't the one that denied treatment. A judge refused to order the jail to provide further treatment, in response to the petition filed by the inmates.

They (the inmates) did a good job of trying to tie it all together with a neat little bow, though. One of them is quoted as saying "Being denied the proper treatment is causing me mental and emotional pain and distress, anxiety, mental anguish and stress,”

Ticked off all those buzzwords nicely, didn't he?

*SNIP*

Admit nothing deny everything and make counter-allegations.

the article is quite clear: orta wasn't on the poisoned inmates list,
precisely because he's on a hunger strike.
it's also obvious that NYPD and prison authorities are in collusion here and are responsible for the rat poisoning:
else there wouldn't been any collateral damage,
nor are there ANY REPORTS of prisoners working in the prison KP
having been savagely murdered in retaliation.

so the THUGS poisoned a whole batch of food, being unable to get any con to go along with this.

*SNIP*

edit on 4/6/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: Remove personal commentary

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

but are we able to link the rat poisoning to Orta being imprisoned or is it just that rykers prison is just trying to poison inmates and not specifically targeting Orta?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

from the OP's source: thefreethoughtproject.com...

Speaking in an exclusive interview with The Free Thought Project, Danette Chavis, organizer and founder of National Action Against Police Brutality (NAAPB) pointed out that Orta’s search and arrest were completely unjustified.

“It’s imperative that each and every one of us watch this case closely, for what is being done to Ramsey Orta is being done across the United States to those who would resist the oppressive forces of police. When police have to reach back into the history of a person to justify their actions of “today,” something is very wrong. For the actions committed by the person at the time of arrest should be sufficient. And when it isn’t they ought not be charged with a crime. Because if “history” is enough to “convict” the United States itself is guilty, for crimes unable to be enumerated here,” Chavis said.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Interesting. So he's indicted in December, and poison is supposedly found in 19 other people's food a month ago, so he just now decides they may try to poison him after they accidentally stuck it in 19 other people's food?

What's interesting is that some articles claim he wasn't poisoned because he's been refusing to eat since before the incident, others (like you) say hes refusing to eat because of the incident. And still others just leave it ambiguous.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

right but not because the police are out to get him in retaliation for Eric Garner Video though. The rat poison is there and its wrong and there should be no rat poisoning. But yeah I don't think the two stories are linked.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Given that you, again, made it exactly zero comments without having to attack somebody personally (in this case me), I'll be ignoring your comment and any further commentary.

Have a super day!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The poisoning of any inmate at Rikers links the two stories.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

How? Even the complaint filed by the inmates doesn't say the DOC admits it was rat poison. It cites "DOC medical personnel" But the article in the OP makes it sound as if a Rikers spokesperson said it.

What's telling to me? The ruling wasn't immediately appealed. The attorney is "disappointed" and "hopes" DOC will do something.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Given that you, again, made it exactly zero comments without having to attack somebody personally (in this case me), I'll be ignoring your comment and any further commentary.

Have a super day!

[sarc]have super day yourself and get home safely officer![/sarc]
as you yet again

Admit nothing deny everything and make counter-allegations.

and flee when the spotlight comes on
edit on 6-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: nahhh, I'll spare you the:" put your big boy pants on, suck it up" rhetoric

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Big problem with the source as it's completely biased.

was arrested shortly after on trumped up charges

Eventually, he was confronted by police who illegally searched him and arrested him for the non-violent crime of carrying an unregistered firearm.

Not nonviolent, and it's not trumped up.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Since when do guards prepare and serve food at Riker's? I thought that was something other inmates did. Also, the little thugmanot had a prior conviction for an illegal gun, I wouldn't consider packing again a "trumped up" charge. It sounds like he's right where he belongs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join