It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say Smelling Farts May Prevent Cancer...I knew it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some scientists are clearly insane and like those long elevator rides with me in Las Vegas elevators after I have been drinking all night and wake up to eat a big bowl of chili.

However. Sometimes I can't even take my odors myself. So it's quite possible that I went insane in that moment and with my vivid imagination I imagined someone outside of my own body that is insane and doesn't like it that way i could stand my own odor.

To say it's 100% good is like saying a bullet in the head is for everyone. When clearly. It worked historically for some like Hitler and for others like Kennedy it just kinda sucks.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"So Sara, you and Bob just moved into the neighborhood. How do you like it?"

"It's really nice, we've dreamed of having a place like this for years. Bob loves it here, and it's nice and close to work so he gets to spend more time with kids."

"That's great, what does Bob do?"

"He's a Scientist."

"Really, that's so exciting!!! What does he study?"

"Farts"

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The reason it really prevents cancer in guys is because their wives divorce them and quit feeding them stuff that they should not be eating. Men need to eat different than women.

I read this article almost a month ago and got a chuckle out of it. The thing is, you need to consume certain sulfur foods to make the gas. Many medicines are made utilizing correcting either the sulfur or nitrogen balance in the body. If you avoid eating foods with sulfur in them, the body does not work right, and your farts don't stink as bad. Now think about this, it is not the fart that is important, it is an element in the smell.

Onions and garlic, eggs, beans, things that are good for us have sulfur in them. Now, these can also give you some smelly ones. Overconsumption of sulfurs is not good either, especially for people who do not create enough of the enzymes to detox sulfites. Moderation is important.

Sorry for making this fun article to informative.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Wait... Wait...

So is that other people's farts or just your own?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I once let out a killer during an exam back in sixth-form.
we got an extra 10 minutes.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Interesting.

I wonder if this corresponds to the fact that one always prefers the smell of their own compared to someone elses.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So all this time my dogs were just looking out for my health. I should have known.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
So all this time my dogs were just looking out for my health. I should have known.

Man's best friend.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, you're either a smart feller or a fart smeller. I'm a smart feller, myself.
If I do let one loose in front of someone I blame it on the dog.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Raisens and Broccoli are good for that... Raisens especially in 'hot cross buns' & 'Scones' mmm

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Not immortal, you just won't die from cancer...but perhaps gas asphyxiation?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So "whoever denied it, supplied it" means I should be thankful to the person in a room who denies it.

Good to know

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Time to break out the cuttlefish,beans and asparagus.

My God ! that sounds like a deadly combination

Only really works perfectly if you baptise it all in plenty of olive oil,balsamic V,hot pepper sauce and pulped Radish all mixed up together,then wolf it down with some fat warm ciabatta and butter.

It's something you have to practice alot to get it just right.

But its worth the journey.

edit on 6/4/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Too late, I have been experimenting for years.

You scientist you!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Well, not much of a discovery actually. My dad is known for letting out some beer farts that would scare away diseases much scarier than cancer. His ass could probably remove everything from Ebola to the common cold. Although you might have scrape clean what's left of your sinuses after and restart your heart.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Smells like a bunch of flatulence prone scientists pulled a study out of their butts to placate their annoyed co-workers.

👣

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What a bunch of immature replies

Surely somebody noticed this lousy journalism is nothing but a puff piece??

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Haven't you heard? Immaturity may prevent cancer.

👣

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Someone always has to make a big stink over something.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So true.. I was taking my lunch break at work .. a few ladies sat at the table and started in on there conversation.. one lady was complaining about her husband.. another piped in and said " keep feeding him the grease" .. it took me a moment to process.. females are a terrifying lot..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join