It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Say Smelling Farts May Prevent Cancer...I knew it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Many will ask why I posted this and to them I say "Why wouldn't I?"

I have always maintained that passing gas in front of your loved ones is a sign of sharing. At least that's what I tell my wife.

Now I have Scientific Medical evidence that proves I am actually helping her out.

time.com...

While this experiment was limited to cell exposure in a lab—as opposed to humans inhaling the scent of rotten eggs—the University of Exeter researchers say that they are “working toward advancing the research to a stage where it can be tested in humans.”

Too late, I have been experimenting for years.

"Although hydrogen sulfide gas"—produced when bacteria breaks down food—"is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases," Dr. Mark Wood said in a university release.

Although the stinky gas can be noxious in large doses, scientists believe that a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria. Read more at www.exeter.ac.uk...

There are just too many directions to take this thread so I'll save it for everyone else.

Jude11

edit on 6-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Now I have Scientific Medical evidence that proves I am actually helping her out.

I'm sure that will be of small comfort to her as she is turning blue and gagging on your "help."

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Awesome! Now I can propose my idea of "Fart-Smelling Clinics" on Sharktank, since there is some science backing it up

What about the ones that smell like eggs? Do those have additional medical benefits?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Something about this story stinks...I think the author may be trying to pull the sheets over on us.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Something about this story stinks...I think the author may be trying to pull the sheets over on us.

It does have a Dutch Oven odor to it. I agree.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

A friend of mines Dad used to do some real horrors after eating steak and kidney pies for decades.
Real biohazard stuff,it would clear rooms of all life including pets in seconds.

He used to say "take deep sniffs,it will go away quicker."
Who knew at that time he was preventing cancer?

Time to break out the cuttlefish,beans and asparagus.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

'Pull my finger' and save yourself!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

I'm sure that will be of small comfort to her as she is turning blue and gagging on your "help."

Calling for my help? How can I help when I'm giggling while pretending to sleep?

Silly girl.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I wonder if dog farts count?

If so, I could run a cancer prevention clinic out of my home. Our chocolate lab is the stinkiest critter I've ever known.

Her gas can make eyes water and induce gagging instantly. Honestly, it's just disgusting. We have tried every kind of food - including home made dog food - to no avail...

But apparently, if I can survive the gas, then I won't have to worry about cancer....lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Time to break out the cuttlefish,beans and asparagus.

My God ! that sounds like a deadly combination

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
OMG. All the best one liners have already been taken.

I really don't think these researchers have researched this enough. Farts kill cancer? Naw, I don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I dunno, the fork and knife's expirations may include cancer prevention, but left alone with her in a small room for five minutes and you are a dead man walking anyway. I reckon there would have been no Iraq war had G.W. the wit to have used her as a secret weapon!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikelkhall
OMG. All the best one liners have already been taken.

I really don't think these researchers have researched this enough. Farts kill cancer? Naw, I don't buy it.

Nope.

Not cure but rather prevent or reduce the risk.

Also from the OP:

Hydrogen Sulfide can be noxious in large doses, scientists believe that a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria.

Stranger things have been discovered.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, If a little can cure cancer, then I'm guessing I should be immortal at this point.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I knew it, thanks! I'll tell ya, my wife hates when I pull the blankets over her head. She tells me she hates the "dutch oven" experience. What gives with that??

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

LOL ! On a more serious note, aren't farts a sign that things aren't quite right with our digestive system? It may prevent cancer and other things but could indicate a more serious issue with gastrointestinal issues

I don't mean to toot on this parade !

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
a reply to: MisterSpock

LOL ! On a more serious note, aren't farts a sign that things aren't quite right with our digestive system? It may prevent cancer and other things but could indicate a more serious issue with gastrointestinal issues

I don't mean to toot on this parade !

Well, I think it's perfectly natural to fart. I'm guess that it can be used as a way to analyze ones diet.

I'm guessing the frequency at which someone farts, as well as the fart characteristics can play a large role in assessing the healthiness of ones gastrointestinal system.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

not be that guy but... i totally remember this being posted!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing wrong with seeing it again though as its really interesting

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

not be that guy but... i totally remember this being posted!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing wrong with seeing it again though as its really interesting

Yeah, try searching "Fart" on ATS...

Oh well, Go ahead Mods.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's sad that time and money went into this and it was done by educated people. Sad, sad, sad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join