It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State ... Flys Chinese Flag Over Its Capitol?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

And if you really need a laugh check out the comment sections of some of the more right leaning sights.

Holy crap, the things people say!

This is of course all obamas fault.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So.....is it ok to fly the US coloured piece of cloth? Human rights/Gitmo/illegal wars n'all? What about the State of Israels piece of coloured cloth? UN resolutions n'all? Shall we go on........(please say no.)

I'm sure between us we could find a moral reason as to why 90% of the nations on this spinning ball of rock should not be flown.

Like a dog chasing its tail.......funny to watch, frustrating for the dog.

They're just pieces of coloured cloth made in China...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, sovereignty does matter in America. How about the tiny island of New Zealand does sovereignty matter there?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

And what does flying the Chinese, or any other national flag, during a visit by members of that government have to do with sovereignty?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Shouldn't you be lecturing us in Spanish since borders and culture don't matter?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
Shouldn't you be lecturing us in Spanish since borders and culture don't matter?

Interesting.

It is (or should I say was?) part of US culture to extend respect to foreign dignitaries.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Wow. Talk about a leap. Flying another national flag, during a visit by their government, is losing sovereignty, and saying that outrage over it doesn't do anything is saying that borders and culture don't matter?

Jesus, the logic there is astounding.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I get that same feeling when I look at your post, plus I have an added feeling of why does this person hate America so much. Could you explain your hatred for the greatest nation on the face of the planet?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hatred? Don't make me laugh. I don't even come remotely close to hating the US. So don't even TRY to put that crap on me. More examples of your "logic". Just because I fail to see the reasoning behind people freaking out over flying a FLAG, exactly how it's supposed to be flown, and how that is somehow proof of the erosion of our sovereignty, doesn't mean that I hate America.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how flying the flag of a foreign nation, during a visit by their government, which has happened for DECADES, has something to do with our sovereignty.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm glad you don't hate America and just dislike it, there is hope for you.

edit on 6-4-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Why do you hate other countries and feel they don't deserve respect?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Oh no, their dyed piece of cloth was raised up into the air at the same height as our dyed piece of cloth.

Seriously...this is something children would fight over.

I know right?

Of all the problems the US has and they get irrate over a rag on a stick

Come on prioritys people!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm glad that you're able to dodge questions while making asinine accusations.

Once again: What does this have to do with sovereignty, borders, and culture?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You seem full of anger are you alright? Maybe we should just end the conversation here I don't want to further upset you. Have a nice day Zaphod.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm not full of anger at all. You keep accusing me of everything you can come up with and ignoring everything else. Why is that?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I get that same feeling when I look at your post, plus I have an added feeling of why does this person hate America so much. Could you explain your hatred for the greatest nation on the face of the planet?

With all due respect sir I recomend you go see a doctor and get a rectal exam as you appear to be talking out of it

edit on 6-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I live in Washington State and I know how most all government employees here and elected officials seem to embrace Communist principles and act as a rubber stamp to our Maoist communist president, so this flag thing is par for the course.

The state is deeply divided and this is a display of it despite them wrongly misrepresenting flag protocol.

Surely many do not know that Washington State has a deep history of relations to China- some here.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
OM effin G this is ridiculous.

While China is building Islands, the 3 Gorges Dam, their cities are starting too look like ours used to if we hadn't lost track, their economy surges past us, Asian Americans assume the throne for #1 per capita Ivy league enrollment and Income while maintaining the lowest arrest records... Ridiculous racists still have a problem with the Chinese...

I mean for the love of pudding... who shoud Washington State be making friends with if not Asia if your on the Pacific coast?

China is... what America USED to be. I can't hear nonsense about communism because while maybe via political input they are aside from that they are Capitalist as all hell broken loose these days, I can't hear about the "freedom" while the NSA reads this and uncountable Americans go to jail or get fined daily and certainly if you want to make money... Look across the Pacific.

WAY TO GO! Insulting the heck out of them for no valid reason. Again... sheesh

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I guess I am more shocked that you don't understand the importance of our flag in the US. I see you aren't from here so I am guessing you don't understand our culture.

The answer is YES it matters to most Americans...especially those that have served in the armed forces. Also, it doesn't help that the flag in question was from a Communist nation with a long list of human rights violations.

Oh, so you have to drink the cool-aid.

Also, the US are hardly human rights clean skins. The Chinese are happy to point out that big governments everywhere abuse human rights.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes, sovereignty does matter in America. How about the tiny island of New Zealand does sovereignty matter there?

New Zealand Territory encompasses 33 islands (it isn't a single island), however, most of the population resides on only two of them.

On 30 May 1901, New Zealand was offered the chance to be federated as a state of the Commonwealth of Australia. At the same time, a free trade agreement with Australia was also rejected.

While I couldn't care less about federation with Australia, rejecting the free trade agreement was simply a bad idea (IMHO).

Fortunately, in 1967, a free trade agreement was established between Australia and New Zealand, so all's sort of OK now.

Unfortunately, the Trans Pacific Partnership (which is being done in secret and mostly overseas) dissolves much of our rights of self-governance, making it possible for corporate interests to have precedence over democratically elected governments (yours included). This is a bad thing and NOT in the interests of the populace of all signatory countries.

By all means, let your (and mine) sovereigntys as democracies be wiped out by a secret pact, while we argue about a patch of cloth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join