It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Stone Magazine Retracts Campus Fraternity Gang Rape Story: FRAT To Sue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Credit where credit is due...
Kudos to Rolling Stone apologizing to UVA and Phi Kappa Psi:

“We would like to apologize to our readers and to all of those who were damaged by our story and the ensuing fallout, including members of the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity and UVA administrators and students,” Dana wrote. “Sexual assault is a serious problem on college campuses, and it is important that rape victims feel comfortable stepping forward. It saddens us to think that their willingness to do so might be diminished by our failings.”

variety.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The part of this whole thing that I find most annoying is that the author managed to apologize to everyone except the real victims of her shoddy journalism. She should have apologized to the University, the Fraternity and its members.

The publication came out with an apology to the University and fraternity students.
Unfortunately...nobody (including the author) will be losing their jobs or has been punished.
edit on 6-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: correction

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't know if they are or not 'liberal media'.

Just don't get how the mistake of a publication turns into a political point.

Also didn't this happen back in December?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: IAMTAT

Also didn't this happen back in December?

Do you mean the original incident, the article's original publishing, or the retraction and lawsuit?

I believe the original story was published by RS last November.

edit on 6-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 6-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, US Weekly, another publication owned by (Rolling Stone owner) Jan Wenner, had to print a story retraction just 3 weeks earlier.
The man owns three major publications...and within weeks of each other TWO of them are forced to publically retract stories.

This really does seem to strongly indicate a systemic problem with Wenner's business practices and that he needs to do some serious introspection regarding how his publications are run.

Kendall Jenner, Bruce Jenner Story: A Retraction

On Wednesday, March 18, Us Weekly published on UsMagazine.com an interview with model and reality star Kendall Jenner entitled "Kendall Jenner Breaks Silence on Bruce Jenner's Transition: 'I Will Always Love My Dad.'" The interview was allegedly conducted by an independent freelance journalist at the Saturday, March 14, taping of Comedy Central's roast of Justin Bieber in Los Angeles.

When Ms. Jenner denied, via Twitter, that the interview took place, Us Weekly immediately reached out to the freelance reporter. He stood by the interview, and continues to maintain that the quotes are accurate.

However, after attempting to reconfirm his account, Us Weekly's editors have concerns about the veracity of this interview and the circumstances under which it was obtained. We would like to retract the story entirely and have removed it from our website. We sincerely apologize to Ms. Jenner and her family.

www.usmagazine.com...
www.jannswenner.com...

edit on 6-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: italics added

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
So, you think only liberal media makes mistakes? .

No, but only a liberal would issue an apology like theirs, which was to everyone EXCEPT the group they harmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join