It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate Fax Machines and people who try to operate them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I live in a very rural area now....things are very slow and relaxed. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal sloooooooooooooooooow and relaxed lol.

Cheap area to live in, if your retired.

I ain't saying that I live in the middle of nowhere, but I know where it is and it ain't far down the road either lol.

edit on R162015-04-06T20:16:04-05:00k164Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I live in a very rural area now....things are very slow and relaxed. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal sloooooooooooooooooow and relaxed lol.

Cheap area to live in, if your retired.

I ain't saying that I live in the middle of nowhere, but I know where it is and it ain't far down the road either lol.

I like cheap area after retirement! Thats the way to go, low property taxes and if your house is paid off, you can live cheaply and I hope you get to do all the fun things you want to do, you and yours! I'm getting so old that some of my pop culture references are no longer pop culture. (my Ben Casey reference) I live in the boonies too. Its all dirt road back here. Well I certainly hope the best for you my friend where every you are and please know that I send nothing but good vibes to you and everyone. PEACE.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Fax machines exist for one purpose: to cause stress.

The OP's story could be multiplied a billion-fold at least.

My theory is that people don't know how to operate them, and they're too afraid to ask for help.

There's a certain procedure to follow - simple enough in itself, but if you don't do it just right, the fax doesn't get sent.

Why don't people know how to use them? Because they are only ever used at the place of work for official purposes...you never get any practise in your leisure time.

We can all text and email with our eyes shut.

But no, we have to use fax machines.

Come on Microsoft, Apple: make these damned things obsolete.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

you son of a gun...busting on fax machines now...nice

lol

Seriously though OP my bet is nobody sent it. Fax machines aren't terribly tough

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I have been trying for several days to get one doctor office to fax something to another doctors office.

A freaking week to send a fax that takes all of 5 minutes.

it goes like this:

Doctor 1: I will fax a referral to you for Doctor #2.

Doctor 2: (next day) We never got a fax.

Doctor 1: (call back) we will remind her to send the fax.

Today 5 days later:

Doctor 2: We Still haven't gotten a fax.

Doctor 1: We sent the fax on 4/2/2015... we will send it again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could have driven to doctor #1 and picked up referral for doctor # 2 and driven it there in 15 minutes.... but noooooooooooo it has to be faxed from the doctors office...it can't be hand delivered.

Sometimes I hate technology, but more importantly I hate people trying to use technology who have no idea whats involved.

I see two scenarios:

1. Doctor office #1 is lying and never sent a fax.
2. Doctor office #1 sent fax and doctor office #2 never received it.

I almost want to drive down to my bank and fax the second dr office from there just to see if they get it. I suspect that #2 is either out of paper or there is something wrong with their fax machine.

5 days = 120 hours wasted when i could have driven it myself in 15 minutes.

If they don't receive it by this afternoon, I may totally lose it LOL

I am done ranting now...thanks for reading lol

Call Doctor number three and fire the bums.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Get mad and tell them that they will respect your time or you'll find someone who will. # it, fire them anyway. They can't possibly be worth a #.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join